Thread: When do you consider someone has transitioned gender? discuss

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

When do you consider someone has transitioned gender? discuss

So I am aware that many if not most on here have no intentions of transitioning gender but that does not mean you havent a thought on the subject and I ask on this part of the forum as I feel it may differ slightly from posting in the transsexuals forum.So here goes

When can or does a person consider themselves to have transitioned. Does it require hormones? surgeries? ticking boxes such as name change etc? living full or part time .

Over the last 8-10 years I have involved myself in the trans community I have heard so many variations of what classifies as having transitioned often the individual views have emotional backgrounds some have lost so much and feel that only ticking every box constitutes an acceptable levels others are less demanding

For me there is social transitions medical transition and surgical transition I feel that most would expect the first and at least one of the next two to conform to society's view
    But there is also the concept that every transition is individual and therefore only that person can declare when they have achieved their version of what it means

I do know for sure that for me its not about ticking boxes or how much you have had to suffer in personal loss I consider myself to have transitioned I live work and play as Jess but I have also many unticked boxes that will forever stay that way.and causes me no issue

Lets understand how the majority feel and if its even important?
    Last edited by Jessicajane; 10-08-2021 at 04:25 AM.