Thread: Time Away

Time Away

I've just returned from 27 nights away with the SO touring Wales in our caravan. Not a stitch of femme wear for the entire time and I have to say I didn't miss dressing. I guess that's partly down to being engaged in the holiday but also I've learned over the years to compartmentalise sections of my life. I know for the time I'm away I can't dress so why waste time thinking about it. Holiday's end and hence normal service can be resumed.

It might be different if I were to be in a situation others find themselves in, in that they may not have an end in sight and so non dressing stretches out like an endless road ahead.

I did find myself when out exploring towns looking in shop windows at women's clothing and thinking things such as, "I like that dress/skirt/top" and filing it away for a time when I can shop enfemme and hope it's still on the rails. Who knows, by then it might be on the sale rack?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I so enjoy reading of that type of balance in one's life, Helen. Compartmentalization is something I think many (most?) of us do, and it's oft what drives us into a depressive state; we really do dislike putting our girls back in the closet, as it were. I know we're all in a race against time, but being able to lower one's gratification threshold is such a necessity with many SO's. If you're able to do that -- and are good with it -- you're truly deserving of praise.

Btw... touring Wales for TWENTY-SEVEN days... Wow. I so want to be you right now!

Platinum Member
    I think you're correct about "they may not have an end in sight and so non dressing stretches out like an endless road ahead." Basically, you were in self imposed exile, doing something you decided to do. Yes, you had a time and date when your activity would resume. For most of us the angst and frustration arises when in the course of an ordinary day/week/month there is no time possible for self expression. Others may impose the time and limitations; intentionally or unintentionally. There was a time in my life when I had zero thoughts about cross dressing for over two years. Then, there were other times when I was climbing the walls. I call it "grabbing crumbs of time." Totally nerve wracking.

Sounds like a great trip for you.
    Fantastic time for you and your wife

I did a trip this winter, it was 107 days total from the time I left my house
    till I got back. No Raychel items at all for the whole trip
    Did I miss it, sure I did. But it was still a great trip.

I have another long trip coming up this winter.
    Raychel will definitely be going along for this trip.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Aspiring Member
    Hi Helen
    I love Wales and have been there numerous times, and one time in a motorhome (RV). I have also had a couple of visits when I have taken time out when I have rented a cottage on my own to focus on major desk based projects and been able to dress (not in public) for many hours and sleep en femme.
    I am also able to compartmental my dressing, although more time en femme is always welcome.
    Enjoy.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Interesting that u r able to do that, Helen. After reading your post I realized that I do that, too. Only not with CDing. But, with my health and weight!

I don't eat after 9:00 PM. It's bad for me sleep and Sherry's figure!
    However, I go out a lot dressed to events, clubs, and bars late at nite. On our way home at 1 or 2 AM, my T buddy always stops to pick up something to eat. He used to ask me if I wanted something, too. But, stopped doing that years ago because I always say, "No". Even tho whenever I smell his food it makes me hungry!

But, since I know I'm not going to eat? The hunger always goes away!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 10-09-2021 at 01:25 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!