Thread: Is That My Hair Tie?

Is That My Hair Tie?

Conversations about my crossdressing never come up in my house. My wife never brings up the topic and I don?t feel comfortable talking about it with her. We have an agreement I can dress as I like and if she finds it too much she would let me know. I tread very lightly because I don?t know where the fine line is and I don?t want to do something to offend her. So far she has never said anything ?. Good or bad about my dressing.

Thanks to Covid, I?ve been growing my hair out and have not cut it in 19 months. Since it?s quite long, down past my shoulders in some places, I wear it in a ponytail. The other evening while relaxing in front of the TV I had my hair down and a Scunci on my wrist. My wife notices the hair tie and asks me if I ?borrowed? one of hers. I told her no, I bought my own. They are more comfortable than the elastic bands. She agreed, end of story. I am thinking to myself, I am sitting here, barefoot with my feet up, wearing a very bold nail polish on my toes (OPI Barefoot in Barcelona) for the whole world to see and all she could comment on is a hair tie? I just don?t get it. I guess it?s okay to wear bold nail colors ? I have a few more I want to wear.

Anyone have a similar experience they want to share?
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Too funny, this morning my wife noticed some left over nail polish from back at the end of August, no real comment so I might try to have a discussion about more time as Jamie, wish me luck!

We have gone through almost all the options, from playing well and taking me out as Jamie to DADT and back and forth. Right now we are somewhat DADT but no real anger or dispute, want to keep at least that for as long as possible but obviously would greatly enjoy more sharing and time.

As for growing my hair out, it would be a messy bushy pile of gray, not sure anyone is up for that! Great to see you can BYOH to the activity, it was a dream that never really got going due to work and other issues that kept my natural hair too short to try.

My wife knows I dress. At first it was a weird growing accustomed to it all. One day I sat down on the couch with her. I was wearing a tight, low cut bodycon dress with my G cup breastplate. I had recently bought some cheap jewelry and was wearing a pearl necklace and matching bracelet. She saw the jewelry and exploded. I looked at her in shock, not knowing what to say. I finally looked at her, right in the eyes, grabbed my large fake boobs and said, "I am wearing these and some jewelry sets you off?" She started laughing, said yeah, that was silly, and that was the end of it.

She buys me jewelry now!

My wife gave me hand-me-down lingerie, but then nearly flipped out when I was wearing a toe ring. You just can't predict, lol!

Later she apologized and fully endorsed my toe ring, BTW.

I just get very hostile looks. The best I can hope for is a comment about that doesn’t look horrible.

In a similar vein. Last weekend my wife went to the races with her work, on thr Thursday before she asked if I had a white shoulder bag/purse that she could borrow, sadly no. Then on the actual day as I was driving her to where they were meeting, she realised that she had not put her lipstick in her bag. Asked if I had one in the car and took a new unused one that I had.

My wife is supporting. We went away for the weekend. When we got to the cottage and got ready for bed, I put on a t-shirt. She asked, didn't you pack a nightgown. I said no. She stated, I should have remembered to pack one for you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Silver Member
    My wife and daughter gave me a Victoria Secret lingerie set.

Robin,

You are so right, we will never figure out our wifes.

I wish I could grow mine out, oh well, I guess i"ll settle for a wig!

Davina

Robin, Yep we just never know what will get a comment, good it was your own scrunchi.
    On another note try OPI Pompeii Purple, it is a gorgeous dark pink and my current favorite. Unfortunately in my situation I have only worn it once.
    I just remembered that color is my avatar
    Last edited by Crissy 107; 10-12-2021 at 05:42 AM.
    Crissy

Crissy, I have that color in my collection. It's absolutely gorgeous. I may do it next. When I was at Sally's last they had a bunch of purples CD which made my heart melt. I had th get out of there before I bought them all.
    - Robin

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Reality Check
    I once left my breast forms out on the bathroom counter on a towel after washing them. I forgot to put them away.

My wife walks in and says "Washing your boobs?" I said "Yes." My wife said (with a smile) "When I want to wash mine, I just step into the shower."
    Krisi

My wife doesn't like me getting my nails done in purple. I had acrylics for a year in different colors, glitters, lengths and shapes when she said she didn't want me getting purple. I can live with that.

Cloths have been a little different. She is getting more OK with shirts, pants and panties weren't a big deal, but bras she doesn't like on me, but she says it's more that if they're noticeable under a shirt.

Since she came home early without letting me know, she has been a lot more open to things. But I am trying not to push it, too much.

Robin -

Your wife's concern may have been over "borrowing" something of hers. One of my wife's comments early on concerning my dressing was "get your own stuff". Her borrowing my stuff is OK though and I don't mind either.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    It may have more to do with what others see. Toes are often hidden. Hair is one of the first things we notice about another person, even from far away.

When I went out a few times with my ex-wife, mostly to Halloween-time parties, she was OK with my presentation, even helped with makeup, hair, and accessories.

But any feminine gestures, like flicking my hair back, sitting and standing, or trying to adopt a feminine voice drove her crazy.

Hi Robin, you are beautiful. I agree, life is too short. The reality of your situation is ?she knows?. Don?t you think it?s only fair she share her ?fine lines? with you? What is ?too much?? Neither of us understand the ?why?s? of CDing, but we know it?s here to stay. Yes, it will take all the courage you have, but as uncomfortable you may feel, you?re the one that will have to ?break the ice?, and initiate the dialogue. I know. I did it, and now I have my wife?s support. It?s a wonderful life.

Hi Nancysue,
    A while back, I did ask her what her limits are and ahe doesn't know. She did say once if I dressed similar to her style I'm probably fine. It does limit what i can wear considerably.
    - Robin

Borrowing stuff

My wife was preparing her attire for our daughters wedding and asked if I had a girdle she could borrow. I said sure. I got them and laid them on the bed and told her "I have two, take your pick".

I remember teenage daughters and their explorations with style. They are so much fun, trying a wide range of casual to formal just to go to school or to hang out with friends. I believe that by the time they make it through college and work and then into married life, their style has settled down to what's practical and comfortable.
    When we come along at a mature age and engage our SO in our crossdressing I think we're much like those young women for whom all styles are fascinating and exciting and definitely on the table while our partners have long since found a more sensible place to live in the world of fashion.

Well said , I so much feel that way .

Just another 'Gurl'
    Really interesting reading the comments and how our SO's react to different situations. I never know what my wife is going to say regards my crossdressing. However, so far it has been all positive.
    Just another man in a dress