Thread: The silver lining with facial masks

The silver lining with facial masks

I know this has been brought up before, but wearing masks into those stores that request them is such a great way to hide that beard shadow. With the mask below and the wig above there is not much face showing and, if you wear glasses, there is just about. Nothing showing. I just did some grocery shopping with my new cheap wig and received no ugly looks, even when interacting with other customers.

The down side is that I really like lip stick.

Banned Read only
    There has been some recommendations to use two masks for added protection. I would recommend getting a box of those inexpensive masks and wearing it under a fashionable mask. I've seen those inexpensive masks stacked up in big box stores.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've been wearing masks for 25 years so you're preaching to the choir, Christie!

Nearly every photo of me on CD.com for 14 years is with me wearing a beard and stash! But, because of my masks no one can tell!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 10-12-2021 at 12:57 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I don't know why it is, but with my mask on, I get called "ma'am" in stores all the time even though I'm just wearing my regular male clothes. If I had known that was all it took, I could have saved myself a lot of money!

At 6'2, I don't pass. I was out on the street a few weeks ago and the mask just made me feel a little more incognito.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Omg SO true!! Mask wearing is the best thing to come out of the past year?I?ve never been out before then (except for a couple of very brief walks at night) but now out about half a dozen times including broad daylight around the shops with no looks. I doubt I?d ever pass normally but a mask and appropriate clothing is more than enough to blend x

Wonder if crossdressing took off during 1918 influenza pandemic? Going to be sad when we have to put away the masks and go back to normal prepandemic crossdressing!

I definitely visit stores fully dressed more often than I did before covid.