Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Cross-Dressing dressing as a woman or using software to look as a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    I feel that's what CD-ing is.
    And you are 100% correct for you.

For me and many others, passing will never be an option no matter what we do.
    I've done the whole professional makeover things and was still a 6'3" MIAD, just with amazing nails and killer makeup.
    I don't have an issue with that because my dressing isn't about how I look, it's about how I feel when I get dressed and the illusion that provides.
    Right now I'm wearing my bra(with forms) and panties (they match of course) with a really cute sweater dress with silver studs and my auburn wig.
    I feel every bit a woman right now and, as long as I don't look in the mirror, I can keep the fantasy real.

As for aps, I used a phone app called 'Voila AI Artist' to create my avatar. I'll never look that cute in real life, to that young ever again, but it's nice to see that feminine face knowing that it 'could have been' and dream a bit.

I applaud those of you that put in the work and make it happen and honestly, am a bit envious(your makeup in your profile pic is spot on, by the way). But also realize that not all of us can pull that off.

I'm thinking that me using that app to create my avatar doesn't outweigh the way I dress every day and how it makes me feel, but to each his/her/their(pick you pronoun) own.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

I feel its not what you use but how you use it.

I prefer my pictures to be the real me not an approximation.

Face app :- a bit of fun but its not the real you.

Photoshop :- Its fine for a minor touch up to hide a spot or change the background. Then its essentially still you in the picture.

For those who say crossdressing is deception. I guess that depends on why you dress.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

People can do what they may but as the human visual system is so wired for faces, I find things like repetitive & consistent looks and hand poses look lame- somewhat like the photography schticks of the 70s.
    People do not have consistent expressions and perfect limb movements like robots. If I ask someone to pose for 6 shots with her hands on her chin or leaning back at different locations - the hands , face, eyes, angles of neck etc will be different and each shot will look unique, even on burst at 10 fps people's expressions change.

I think if many ladies learned a bit of make up and fashion principles - they could toss the digiavatars.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Preston View Post

For those who say crossdressing is deception. I guess that depends on why you dress.
    Well I guess we are all faking our brain patterns too, MRIs show the TG individual - surprise to no people here - has a different brain activity pattern compared to gay or straight people.

Nature published some MRIs of the 4 groups Hetero, gay , M and F TG
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-17352-8#Sec8

I know... shocking ... no way - can't be !

;o)
    Last edited by kellyanne; 10-13-2021 at 02:25 PM.

After reading all this back and forth about FaceApp I felt obliged to try it. I won't get into the existential question of whether just using an app to change the appearance of a picture is really crossdressing. I took a picture of myself as is and let the gender switch option do its thing. Then I put the two pictures side by side. I was fascinated by the outcome. The app kept my basic facial structure and shape, but smoothed my skin out to remove a bunch of wrinkles and added distinct eye brows and fuller lips, which I don't have. Otherwise, side by side I can see it's recognizably me, but female. Not a terribly attractive woman, but definitely a woman. I have lousy makeup skills, but with this app I can kind of see what I might hope to achieve if I keep working at it.

Thanks to everyone here for an interesting discussion and a pointer to an App I wasn't aware of previously.

Hi Judy,
    I have tried the FaceApp and can understand what you are talking about. I need to work on my makeup skills (a lot) but still prefer the all me look. at least for now, LOL
    Brenda

Everyone have different situation. Some do not have the luxury and sweet time applying makeup in their safe haven, (If I try to be mean I will use the word "HIDE") it could be their girl cave, garage, basement or hotel room. They (app users) are just trying to present their ideal female image with other mean that are feasible to them. If you think this is deceiving and I wonder how many ladies here show yourself to your SO while dressed (and yet posting pictures to total strangers in this site) and what about using shapewear, waist clincher or corset to get a slim waist. Are you suppose to go on a diet and exercise to make it truly your.

Here is a challenge to all the ladies here who do their own makeup. Every outing I have to take and carry my girl clothing and heels using public transportation to get to my destination. Get change in a restroom or porta potty. If you can apply your makeup in that tight space (think about the summer heat and that stinky smell) or fear of people knocking on the door. I will bow down to you and say sorry.

Also I completely understand the frustration some of the app users didn't state that they use it or not and yet get good compliments.
    Last edited by xam; 10-13-2021 at 08:42 PM.

I do not have a dog in this fight, ok discussion, I do not have the luxury of getting to use makeup nor have I checked in on face app. I say to each their own, do what you want, when you want, and who really cares.

No I do not use toe app for my avatar or profile pics, is there one?
    Last edited by Crissy 107; 10-13-2021 at 09:26 PM.
    Crissy

I think FaceApp is fine but, don't use it and pretend it's you..
    I look very much like a man in his 60's but when I Cross-dress I put in all the effort to look fem.
    It' takes about 45 min. to do my make-up, why would I want to say "you look great" if you spent 10 sec. to use FaceApp.
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 10-13-2021 at 10:08 PM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I have used Faceapp to make me look older not beautiful. But when I post here, you're seeing ME. I add breast forms and a wig but the rest of what you see of me is me. I do on occasion alter the background, and yes.
    I am capable to take of the extra poundage and inches, scars, etc., off a photo, but I don't normally do it.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by xam View Post
    Also I completely understand the frustration some of the app users didn't state that they use it or not and yet get good compliments.
    I think this is exactly what the OP was referring to. No harm in using FaceApp especially in situations where doing makeup is not possible. I have respect for your posts because you always say you used FaceApp. It's the people who use Faceapp , don't mention they used it, and then accept all the compliments about how beautiful "they" look that bothers me. And I don't think using hip pads, breast forms , wigs etc. falls into the same category of deception any more than GG's using false eyelashes, lip plumper, pushup bras with foam inserts, or padded panties etc.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Just wondering, seeing that I have been just browsing online with my iphone and not with a desktop & monitor for years, are these faceapp type of picture enhancers actually make the pictures all that realistic with the changes?
    With the little iphone screen I find the pictures look so obviously worked on and unlikely to fool many people. However, I like how these apps help with people hide their identity better than the blurred out, black dot, or yellow smiley face over their faces. When I see the blacked out faces, my eyes primarily focus on them before the rest of the person.

Every time this comes up I come down on the pro-app side.

Plenty of cis women use the apps when they take pictures (otherwise they wouldn't exist). Doesn't seem fair to say someone can't use them if they weren't born the way they wanted to be.

Plenty of us use them when we live lives without secret alternate spaces, or long chunks of private time, to crossdress with full makeup with less fear of exposure. When covid absolutely all but eliminated any chance of having private time Faceapp and youcam makeup helped me deal with that loss for a while.

I have received a few compliments on app'd pics, and I always try to reply that the pic has been app'd if the text/captions didn't state that.

And I switched from makeover pics as avatars to FaceApp pics for a while, left them up here since anyone can see your avatar since you can browse some of this site without signing up.

But I never looked at crossdressing as a competition, I'll leave that to RuPaul and his ilk. Live and let live.
    Last edited by HelpMe,Rhonda; 10-14-2021 at 04:59 AM.

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    I just thought of something else, so I wanted to add to what I said previously..... Also Judy, because I realize I didn't really answer your question in my post. Anyway, to answer your question and imho, I say no, absolutely not..... Why? Well, if someone uses a software such as FaceApp, solely to make themselves look like the opposite gender, (as there are both M to F and F to M crossdressers, although there are not nearly as many F to M CD'ers from I've observed), but they don't actually put on makeup or a wig if they're an M to F CD, or they don't do anything to otherwise make themselves look like a man if they're an F to M CD. In both cases, I don't think that's truly crossdressing. But on the other hand, if the FaceApp user has already applied makeup, a wig and put on women's clothes, but utilizes FaceApp to improve, (in THIER opinion only, not mine), their appearance then well, I honestly don't see anything wrong with it.

Tbh, I don't see anything wrong with using FaceApp to make oneself appear to be the opposite gender, regardless if they apply makeup or anything else..... BUT, I do think that that's just a bit deceiving.
    Last edited by Kimberly A.; 10-14-2021 at 05:31 AM.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

This is the first I've heard of FaceApp so I had to Google it. I think it's my new favorite app lol.s0_codea29df413-1b57-4c62-80b4-8c9de747b989_editor_result (1) (2).jpg
    Last edited by Amanda James; 10-14-2021 at 06:27 PM.
    Please Call Me Mandy

I don't really have any skin in this game either, just be aware of the privacy concerns with FaceApp. I'm pretty sure they own any image you give them by the terms and service.

While we usually complain about the society being prejudice against us, we have to realize how easy it is for us to fall into the same trap.

Somebody might say, to bear a child is being woman and going through the suffering, how can you call yourself a woman by just putting on a dress without even shaving your legs? Another commonly heard comment, if you want to be a woman, go through the right process of HRT and SRS. Don't just put on a lipstick and make yourself look like a f***k.

Next time when you bitch about people insist on calling you "sir", think about your elitism and prejudice, think about your comment here toward your fellow harmless sisters who just needed a way to deal with their dysphoria.
    Leslie's Advanture into the Unknown - http://lesliesd.weebly.com/

LeslieSD;
    YES! Wish this was the default position on sites like this! There are enough people in the world to tell us not to do what we do...why be bothered by how your fellow humans are doing it?
    Last edited by char GG; 10-15-2021 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the entire post just prior to yours

I have never used face app. I stilll make my pictures the old fashion way. Take 100 pictures and toss 98 to get one that makes me think I look better than I actually do. So I guess my deception in photos is I try not to post the pictures that don't show me looking as good as I wished I did.

I guess I will wait for the magic app that enables you to actually change your face, hair and features for real to look like the girl of your dreams. But isnt this just a common crossdressers dream go to bed drab and wake up female and pretty.

As far as my opinion of the use of Face App it does do amazing things to a photo. Its just not for me.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Reality Check
    re: "Is Cross-Dressing dressing as a woman or using software to look as a woman?"

Cross dressing is a man wearing woman's clothes. That's the definition. Technically, a guy wearing panties under his suit would be crossdressing.

Most of us take it a bit further and wear wigs, boobs and hip pads and women's outer garments. Many of us apply makeup to make us look more feminine or to give the appearance of being a female.

I do have a program on my computer that allows me to add simulated makeup to photos and I have played with it a bit. There's an option to make the face look more feminine, but I don't use it because I would rather see my face as it actually is, but with the makeup. Pretty much, I just use it to add eye makeup because I'm already wearing beard cover and lipstick.

I would never use an "app" on a phone to simulate a female face. I keep my "little hobby" as far away from my phone as possible just to keep any hints of crossdressing private.
    Krisi

Judy, I have never used a face app and I never will. I enjoy dressing and applying makeup. Software would just be cheating.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I think it's fun. Now let me go get dressed.
    October Me.jpg

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I'm in a trans makeup online group. The whole point of the group is to share and discuss makeup tips. Many of the girls there use it too, IN A MAKEUP GROUP! I don't get it.