Thread: Time to purge my male clothes

Silver Member

Time to purge my male clothes

It has come to the "where" I needed to free up closet space. My wife suggested that I get rid of the male cloths hanging in the closets because I don't wear any of it except for a few special things. As I was cleaning out the men's wear my wife suggested I donate most of the men's stuff.

She pointed out that I still have a lot of clothes (women's). One of her friends gave me a big wardrobe of really nice clothes. We were the same size before she lost weight so she gave me all of her clothes and bought herself new clothes. She did pickup a couple blouses she thought I would like.

Platinum Member
    Your wife is correct. No one needs to keep a closet full of clothes then never wear!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Liz, this would be an inverse-purge. It's a sign of good progress.

Liz, you might want to keep a few things for that rare time when you might need to express the old way. It may never happen but if it does it could be chaotic without a small reserve. Put that reserve in a sealed box and store them somewhere so spiders don't establish homes in the clothes that are never worn. They are sneaky little buggers.

Hi Liz,

How wonderful!!! You're wife is a wise lady. Donating is definitely the way to go.

I haven't gotten to the point where I want to purge my guy clothes. However, as things wear out, they are slowly being replaced from the softer side of the store.

Enjoy your new found closet space.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Reality Check
    We all have different situations so some of us need a full male wardrobe and some need none.

I retired from work several years ago and have been slowly getting rid of some of my male clothes, but since I am "male" when in public (most of the time), I have to keep some male clothes.

I really need to go through again and get rid of more male clothes as well as female clothes that don't look as good on me as I thought they would when I bought them.

But, I suggest thinking about what male clothes you should keep. You may be visiting people who only know you as a male, you may be going to a funeral or wedding, etc.
    Krisi

I'm in the midst of closet and drawer reorganization myself. I'll probably never commit to full-time womanhood, but my women's wear is squeezing out the men's wear and I'm very happy.

I might have to thin things out too. I buy way more womans clothes than mens.

Banned Read only
    I've just thinned both my male and female wardrobe out. I'm probably 60/40 mens to womens now, having been 70/30 in favour of mens before.

Ultimately it doesn't make a difference for me, because I only ever wear mens clothing unless my wife is out for a sustained period of time. I just don't like ill fitting clothes, or tired clothes, so they've all gone to charity or recycling.

I'd rather have 5 outfits that I feel great in than 15 outfits I feel average in.

If I purged the mens clothes that I dont wear, I would only have a few pair of shorts, 2 pair of pants.
    some socks and some t-shirts
    Closets would be empty and only 2 drawers in the dresser would have anything at all in them.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

The ratio between womens clothing en mens clothing is about 20 to 1. I keep it that way. I have difficulties in getting rid of my dresses, shoes and skirts. Since I once followed Marie Kondo (just keep what you really love) I gave away a beautiful green dress, which I still miss...

I will stay resolutely male. And I love cutting a dash in my suits (good legs are just as useful as a man). But even so, I do have more women's clothes than men's. Whenever I am out with my lady, we end up buying something or other from the women's isle. Somehow I just can't be bothered looking at the men's stuff.

Recently, looking through my wardrobe for a decent pair of shorts to play golf in, it struck me what a total disaster my male wardrobe is. Everything is stained or frayed or torn. I thought to myself, "I've got to do something or people are going to think I can't take care of myself!"

I'm not out to the world, so I'll really need to do something about that.

My feminine wardrobe hangs neatly in my bedroom closet; freshly laundered, carefully culled.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.