I don't have a female persona, I don't roleplay while dressed nor imagine I am a woman, I don't call myself Diane (this is so far just a forum pseudo), and feel weird when my wife or any other member of these forums (but especially my wife) refers to me as "she", "her", etc. I am just a male who enjoys the magical experience of presenting as a female and the troubling feeling of female attire (the crossing in crossdressing). Crossdressing isn't a way of revealing my true nature, quite the opposite, I want to venture as far as I can from my true nature and usual self when I do, and I love to be back to my male self when I stop, like a traveler can enjoy an exotic trip and still be glad to return home. I am also irritated by this common pseudo-wisdom that all crossdressers dream of transitioning like we all were made from the same mold, but of course that is just me being delusional (the advantage of that theory being that it is not refutable since if you're not there yet someone can always tell you that you aren't there - YET, and if you're not there at 80-something then it's because you missed the train and can't anymore).
I sometimes feel very much alone on this forum. Any other chap for whom this rings a bell?