Thread: Everyday people doing everyday jobs

Everyday people doing everyday jobs

Over the next few weeks hundreds upon hundreds of staff for a certain organisation are going to be watching a series of short info clips that I filmed today
    It was only filmed on a phone no fancy equipment and it was hardly the polished performance you would find in Hollywood but I am really proud
    Why…I was able to make the clips 1st take each time
    And I am visible to approx 400 staff as just a trans woman doing her job and getting on with life not caring about my voice or looks just being me and doing the best I can
    I wont be there to see peoples reactions and maybe thats a good thing..�� but hopefully some people will talk amongst themselves about it Some might roll their eyes some my laugh but hopefully some will say good on her?and know that we are everyday people doing everyday jobs … hopefully x

kudos to you....would you be able to share these clips in the future or does the organization have exclusive rights....
    im out working in the public often and seeing peoples reactions is priceless....be well....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

JessicaJane,

Good for you!

I would hope managers would lead a discussion and if nothing else point to it as being evidence of the companies support on diversity issues. Undoubtedly there will be negative voices but my experience of things like this is the majority will either be supportive or neutral. Those with negative views tend to find themselves being questioned as to why and as long as the conversation stays civil that's a good thing.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

i get scared going to walmart wear i live because again very conservative and they frown upon me. it is super uncomfortable and most refuse to help.

Congratulations

Platinum Member
    Am I correct in understanding that you made these videos to illustrate the everyday, working life of a transwoman? It sounds like a wonderfully informative, and not to mention, courageous act of openness and confidence.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

kimdl93:

No the videos were related to my field of work and were how to use the equipment we were supplying and some do?s and don?t
    Last edited by char GG; 10-18-2021 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the entire post just before yours

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Great to read that. I am retired now, but the company I used to work for put genuine effort and resource into allowing normal people, like us, to simply get on with their lives in the way you describe. Though I remained hidden until the end, I did appreciate that the opportunity was there.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Nice, JJ! Needless to say, u r a pioneer. The more prepared Muggles r, the easier on everyone when they see/meet their 1st trans!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I am so happy that you are able to share and open the public up to the option that not everyone is as what was once considered 'normal'.
    It will take more and more viewing by the public to ???? Get the public to grasp that not everyone is a clone of what was considered 'normal' 80 years ago.
    I honestly feel the majority of the 'normal' public don't really care what others consider themselves as as in male / female / trans / $whatever......
    People IMO want to be appreciated, and have their needs fulfilled, not ignored.
    I don't think the average adult cares who saves their life or help them through an emergency. But I do think many feel offended that others expect to be accepted w/o any effort
    to fit into society as it has been in years past. Don't know that I said that in a way that anyone can grasp w/o my mindset
    What I am trying to say is that for the most part, John Q Public doesn't care who solves his problem. As long as they solution doesn't involve JQ Public having to change his
    lifestyle or offer up special accommodation to encourage the provider to continue on their quest down their life path.
    Still not sure I said that in a appropriate manner, so I won't be upset if some one wants to remove this post.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicajane View Post
    kimdl93:

No the videos were related to my field of work and were how to use the equipment we were supplying and some do?s and don?t
    Even better!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Raiku1313 View Post
    i get scared going to walmart wear i live because again very conservative and they frown upon me. it is super uncomfortable and most refuse to help.
    It's very conservative where I live as well. I heard Target is open to LBGTQ so I tried it - I picked out some pretties and walked to the register where I got the biggest smile from the young woman that waited on me there. I'm a customer for life now.