Thread: Went to the Hair Dresser Today

Went to the Hair Dresser Today

Hi Ladies,

I want to share my experience at the hair dresser's this morning. Mods, please feel free to move this if it needs to be.

I've been growing out my hair and have not cut it for 19 months (the only good thing from Covid). It's down to my shoulders and needed to be cleaned up. So last week I made an appointment at a hair salon in the next town over. Since I wanted a haircut which would appeal to both sides of me I went in hybrid mode, guy's sweatshirt, women's jeans and women's sneakers. She did a wonderful job with my hair, just cleaned up the ends and layered it a bit so I can keep my ponytail. As I was paying I asked her about the other services available at the salon. She asked what was I looking for .... I then asked how open-minded is she .... she said very! That's when I had my "Schitt's Creek" moment. I told her "sometimes I like to shop on the rough and tough side of the store and other times I like to shop on the softer side of the store." She said there's absolutely nothing wrong with that and I was not the first bi-gendered client she's had. I told her I was hoping to have my brows waxed. She no worries I can do them so they are hardly noticeable and you're eye makeup will look good. Needless to say I had my brows waxed for the first time. It ended up being a wonderful experience and I'm looking forward to going back again.

Thanks for reading!!!
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Wow, that is great.

Man I am so happy for you, bet you are a lot more happier to! Lots of smiles for you Robin!

Robin,

What a lovely day you had. I know that you enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing

Think about changing your avatar?

Davina

Platinum Member
    Sounds like a great salon. More fun and great looks in store!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Robin, I am so happy for you! I know you had to be on cloud 9 with this. Congrats, two more boxes checked.
    Crissy

What a great salon...we should all be so lucky to find such a place. And specifically to you Robin, remember, good looks open doors, good hair knocks 'em right off their hinges.

I'm happy for you, Robin! Eyebrow waxing is on my list of things to do.

When I went in for my first styling in such a mode I was treated to a bonus brow waxing...so the other day I went in and paid for the next one. It's painful but the results are worth it.

I really wish there was a database somewhere of places that are especially friendly to the rough yet soft crowd.

Wow what fun you had it's great you found a great place and person.

Robin, That's great.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

What a wonderful experience Robin. I grew my hair out after retiring and went to a salon a couple years back. I have curly hair and she worked with that and suggested certain shampoos and conditioners that worked well with curls. I had it cut shoulder length too. we had a wonderful conversation a fun experience. Should have asked about the brows.

Silver Member
    I didn't know that was even possible, so congrats on finding a skilled hairdresser and being brave enough to be their first bi-gendered client. I am very curious to see what kind of hairstyle you got that appeals to both your masculine and feminine sides. I realize this is hypocritical of me, because I do not post pictures of myself anywhere. But, do you plan to post a picture?

I always enjoy reading happy stories like yours. Glad you had a great day

I have been thinking about brow waxing. Does it help much?
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Hi Susanne, Since I'm growing it out she only took cleaned up the ends so I could get a brush through it. In guy mode I wear it in a low ponytail. In girl mode looks like my avatar.

Hi Teri, She cleaned up the unibrow and only took a bit off from under the brow, exposing more of the eyelid. Since having them done I haven't had a chance to put any makeup on. The next time I have them done I'll have her take a bit more off from the underside. Since I wear glasses, no one ever sees my brows.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!