Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does the image of your fem self in your mirror match the one in your mind?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question Does the image of your fem self in your mirror match the one in your mind?

Mine does. But, I'm kind of an odd duck. Not even thinking about dressing until was in my 50's I missed out on presenting as a young woman!

Folks wonder why I wear body prosthesis and masks? It's so I can see a pretty, young, woman in my mirror!

Do u see the woman u dream of becoming in your mirror? If not, why not? If so, how did u manage it?
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 10-23-2021 at 12:59 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

No. In my mind I'm stone fox. In the mirror I'm not. But from waist down in a mini skirt,hose and heels I like it.

Facially I know I present in such a way as it's very possible some who know me could pass me by in a crowd. Would I like to look even more female then that has to be a yes but I've got to go with that mother nature gave me.

I'm fairly confident in my ability to dress such that face aside, an observer may well not even give it any consideration as to me being male. So in that respect yes I meet my expectations of the mental image I have of me.

I've accepted that I'll never look like a young female version of myself so I'll settle for looking like the more mature lady version.

In my mind, I am no older than 40, with a largely unlined face and fit body. That goes for my male mode too, ego and vanity taking charge. In reality, I am pushing 70 and am pretty weathered to say the least. The mirror, or a picture tells the real story. I am aware but its fun to let the imagination run wild.

Interestingly, I recently dressed up,took a few pics and faceapped them. Without even trying, it was like I had the facelift of the century. It was like I knocked off 25 years.THAT matched my expectations, but it was a little unnerving at the same time. But I'm going to do it again!

in short: The mirror is NOT a friend of mine.

Not a chance. Though I have to admit I look like my sister when dressed, which is not what I'm shooting for.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Interesting, for the longest time I NEVER could get a firm MENTAL grip on what I actually looked like as a woman----Until the digital photo age and improvements in my makeup skills. NOW My images (Physical and mental) more or less match up.--I can at least get a fair grip on what I am "supposed" to look like as a woman, and compose my photo angles to look that way, concealing my less than perfect "manly" aspects.------It seems I can only "see" "bits and pieces" of my self in a mirror---never getting the full effect.---HOWEVER with a good PHOTO I can see the entire, overall effect and it "sticks" in my mind.--Thus becoming my "self-image" .
    Last edited by MarinaTwelve200; 10-21-2021 at 06:05 AM.

Every so often I surprise myself and the image in the mirror meets my expectations and I see a sexy woman, but then, every so often the truth comes charging in. I regain some humility and that 60 year old guy in a dress is looking back at me!

It took a make over with someone who knows about make up for tgirls and the right wig to love how I looked in the mirror. I was 50 that year, waited way to long. It changed how i felt about myself the part I hid for so long.

Doc,

Well I definitely have a mismatch between where I am vs where I want to be. I have to say when I first fully dressed up at the age of 30, I was pretty darned good looking, but got stressed out about it and purged for a long time.

I do the best I can do with what I have to work with, and it seems good enough for the people I meet. The main things I would like to do is loose some weight and get an eyelid lift to improve my looks. Granted, I use a lot more makeup than I should, but I like to transform as much as I can.

I am quite lucky to have youthful looking shapely legs. Mine are much more feminine than most guys, and at least I have one good asset to show off.

Sandi

Yes it does, Doesn't make any sense, but it does.
    Full fem from the neck down and just me from the neck up
    My mind is confused, just like my appearance
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Over the years, generally yes. As with life, I?ve had great days, good days and what! days. Recently, I?ve toned down a little on the advice of my former model wife, coupled with todays mode of women seemingly wearing less, if any makeup. A must to blend in. I remember the old adage ?beauty is in the eye of the beholder?.

Reality Check
    Yes, what I see in the mirror is pretty close to what is in my mind.

While I would like to see (and be) a twenty something "hot chick", I have more realistic expectations than that.
    Krisi

I look at my wife's face and see the pretty young thing I married and have loved for forty years. Yes, there are wrinkles there but most of them are because of me. Nothing to stop me wanting to kiss her every single time. She has taught me the meaning of female beauty, the truth about it.

All of my crossdressing life, every time I put on enough makeup to say that's what I was doing, I thought I look like my sister. The mirror says female but I could hardly be attracted to my sister, could I? More recently with FaceApp, I think I look like my memories of my mother when she was younger than I am now. Again, pretty but hardly erotic to me.

When I dress it is the weirdest combination of relaxation, satisfaction and excitement. But the woman in the mirror is more of a close friend.

I submit respectfully for your sisterly analysis! How I appreciate this forum.

-Camilla

Platinum Member
    It does not matter if I am dressed in male mode or female mode the reflection in the mirror is way off reality. I figured that out when I looked at the images of pictures of myself in male mode. The images are definitely different than what I see in the mirror. I learned a long time ago to avoid mirrors when I am en femme. There are three mirrors in our home; two above bathroom sinks and one full length mirror in one bathroom. I am an in-home dresser so I forego makeup when at home. There is no necessity for it since I avoid mirrors. Nobody is going to see me, so why bother with makeup. At 74 I look like a grandpa or a grandma. I have no illusions about that fact. Frankly, I am more concerned with the neck down than the neck up.

Sometimes - it does and then other times - not so much! I can get some great looks at times when everything comes together. The other times, I just wish the hair, outfit, or makeup had looked like what I wanted . . . or that I had left the chips, etc. on the plate!
    I am what I am and also what I am not!

Pretty well, have the same look forever.

Every time I tried a different wig hair color or a longer style - past the shoulders - then I feel a strong feeling of mismatch.
    I have a red head, platinum blonde etc but they just don't jive with the skin tones and it does not look or feel right.

Wearing whites / beige tones on top also dampen a sense of self here - I need color next to my face to pop my eyes.

Banned Read only
    Now that my makeup skills have become consistent, I recognise Charlotte in the same way I recognise my male presented self.

I used to think "Wow, is that really me?", and now it's just "it's good to see you again Charlotte"

Do I look like how I want to? Of course not. I'd look like Rachel Brosnahan if I did. I don't have stupid fantasies of looking like a GG any more. I just play the cards I've been dealt.

For me yes it does, in fact it exceeds it! I think I look gorgeous in beautiful/romantic lingerie, and it's a very rewarding feeling to see myself and look/feel beautiful.

I don't trust mirrors, they always break !!!! lol
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

One thing I know for sure is that even in full nines I am incapable of telling whether the creature in the mirror or the picture looks more like a female or a male. I could tell for every other dresser, but not for me. I recognize myself too much, and know I'm male. So the mirrors and pictures scream "male, with female cues". This said, I am not aiming at looking like any particular woman, I just want to see a feminine version of me, so whatever result I get is interesting, and therefore satisfying to some degree.

I am on the fringe here. I don't see (recognize) my regular self in the mirror. In some ways, I look better than I was imagining. I know that may change when I clear off my face for a full female look, but time will tell.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    DianeT--That's why I depend on Photos to judge what I look like----Something about the immediate "feedback" from a mirror prevents many of us from seeing the entire image.---perhaps we focus on various parts and not the whole or perhaps the 3-D aspect throws us off----Photos, on the other hand, let us see the entire "picture". I have also noticed it works best to film VIDEOS instead of snapshots. Snapshots might encourage us to pose "stiffly" or "Unnaturally. Take the VIDEO and use frame captures over interesting areas for more natural "Stills".

Well, there's no way I would ever look anything like a female in the mirror, so I just don't look in mirrors when I'm wearing girl clothes. No sense spoiling the illusion.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I have really great figure for wearing women's clothes.

Marion