Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missing Eyeliner

My wife knows I dress and is supportive. We have different coloring, so most of my makeup is safe, but eyeliner she will take.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Did you ever find it? Is your wife supportive? Did you ask her about it?

Banned Read only
    TamT, I know the feeling of couples therapy becoming single sessions. My and wife I tried couples therapy for combat related PTSD. When I tried to raise the issue of her PTSD for her own issues that effect my ability to handle my and her PTSD, she shut it down. "We're here for you, not me!" End of couples therapy. When I tried to raise the issues in the privacy of our home, she told me "If you ever bring it up again, I'll divorce you!" End of discussion. I think a wife should get educated about cross dressing. At least to rule out myths and lies. Learn how to handle it. Staying together for the sake of the children is an iffy issue. Kids observe. Kids can end up getting the wrong idea about what a loving relationship or marriage is all about.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameli View Post
    Did you ever find it? Is your wife supportive? Did you ask her about it?
    No, I haven't found it. It's been missing for at least three weeks.

My wife isn't supportive. She supports me going to therapy and discussing both the dressing and my eating disorder, but she doesn't want to see it, see evidence of it or hear about it.

We nearly discussed it tonight, as she asked if I've been discussing dressing with my therapist, and I said I have. She looked confused and I questioned what was up, and apparently she had a question but then didn't follow up.

I couldn't bring myself to ask her what the question was, or if she had any other questions.

Just another 'Gurl'
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Haynes View Post
    A lot of the excitement of dressing for me used to be the secrecy. Now I no longer have to cover my tracks there appears to be something missing.
    This is true for me also. I don't feel the need to dress like I used to now that my S.O knows. She said it was okay if I dress and that she would even help with my makeup. The only stipulation is not to dress around our 7 y.o daughter. Which I totally agree with as it would confuse her I think.
    Just another man in a dress

Silver Member
    Charlotte,

So you are discussing CD'ing with a therapist at your wife's behest? Or did you take the initiative? Sound like, per your description, she is hoping that you'll be cured. Hate to burst her bubble, but there is a standing joke about how many phycologist does it take to change a lightbulb? One, but the lightbulb needs to really want to change.

The last time I opened my makeup bag I saw that my Dermablend concealer was not there. It was not in any of the likely places for it to be. My wife is supportive and if she should find it, I imagine it'll end up on the top of my dresser without a word spoken beyond that she put something on my dresser.

Still I prefer not to be in that situation.