Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uncomfortably Comfortable?

Aspiring Member
    I love wearing Panties so I looked around the Globe to find ones that I can wear all Day long and I have lots of them, whenever I do say that I have bought a Hanro Panty, so and so style I would receive comments about the High price. Well one way of getting a good fit is getting a high end Panty not always, I have Vanity Fair ones and the Nylon do not stretch, Katie and Laura have stretchy satin Panties, another thing with Panties is the crotch width, some Companies make Panties with wider crotch or gusset and the other thing is style Hi cut and Hipster fits Men's body really well, with all that information, I am a Panty Doctor, first you have to try it on then buy it not the other way around. Same for Bras, I go to a store and try them on and I love Bras too, 2 weeks ago I bought 3 Bras from Change they are absolutely comfortable to wear all day and night, last night I slept in a Bra.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

When I meet my wife she was the pantyhose queen, she would wear them everyday, now she doesn't even own a pair. She asked me all the time how can I wear pantyhose all day and almost all the time. When I remind her of her youth she tells me they were in style then and they were very uncomfortable but sacrifice to be in style.
    There are brands of pantyhose that to me are more comfortable and I do have my favourite bra but even if something is uncomfortable I still wear it. There were hot sunny days when we would go for a walk and I would wear pantyhose under my pants and a bra and my wife would ask me why I want to punish myself like that.
    My most uncomfortable thing was a pair of panties that weren't designed for the mans junk and they slide to one side and it was the most uncomfortable feeling. I kept going to the restroom and adjust them but they would slide right back. You would of thought I threw them out but no, I still retry them just to the same results, I guess my wife is right I must enjoy punishment

As an engineer, I developed a rule of thumb to see if the width of the gusset (the part of the panty between your legs is wide enough. If the width of the gusset is as long as my middle finger the gusset will be wide enough.

One more rule. If there is a seam in the gusset going from front to back, the panty will never be comfortable. Yout junk will hang to one side or the other and the seam will chafe the rest of your junk.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Reality Check
    Some clothes are naturally more comfortable than others and that goes for men's clothes and women's clothes. In general though, women's clothes are not more comfortable than men's clothes. It's just an excuse that some crossdressers use.
    Krisi

I find Vanity Fair Brilliance high cut panties to be much more comfortable than my old tightie whities. The fact that my wife picked them out for me is icing on the cake.
    Honoring the woman within

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation They really meant "natural", not comfortable!

Cecily, you're question vexed me for years after I first found this site! So, many girls here describe how "comfortable" they r in women's things.

When I know for a fact synth panties, girdles, bras, hi heels, and wigs r NOT comfortable compared to my loose fitting, tidy whities, loose cotton, jeans and shirt, and Sperry Topsiders! And, in fact that discomfort is one of the things I like about cross dressing!

What the CD's and T's here mean is they feel more "natural", (comfortable), wearing women's things!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I love wearing girdles and long line bras, I love the constriction. So I guess I enjoy what others have stated as uncomfortable.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    Constriction! That's the perfect term, Jamie. It feels so good, except in the middle of summer when it's 90 out and you can hear yourself sweating to death underneath the layers. Constriction!

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Some clothes are naturally more comfortable than others and that goes for men's clothes and women's clothes. In general though, women's clothes are not more comfortable than men's clothes. It's just an excuse that some crossdressers use.
    Krisi, you are so wrong! (at least in the parts that I disagree with.) Skirts and dresses are more comfortable than pants, camis are more comfortable than shirts, women's shirts are usually more comfortable than men's shirts (so much softer!), women's jeans are stretchy and more comfortable than men's jeans (although the pockets suck). Panties are often more comfortable, but there are a million variables that can reverse that ruling (Spandex is my friend).

Bras and pantyhose really aren't that comfortable, but we like them anyway. Heels, even more so.

There are also other variables. Women can wear short shorts, men "can't". The shorter the shorts, the more comfortable, providing there's something there to keep junk from leaking out the sides which can be horribly uncomfortable (you know what I mean).
    Also, "comfortable" means more than one thing. I wear short shorts a lot, knowing that if my FIL or my neighbors see me it won't look as bad as if I'm wearing a skirt, which makes me more comfortable.

BUT, your point is quite valid. We do make excuses to do what we want.

alwayshave,

Don't you just love the "being hugged feeling" that you get from your bra and girdle.

Davina

some things are totally comfortable and some clothes are really uncomfortable like all the super tight stuff that doesnt stretch so good. the shapewear can be annoying. as for wigs depends on the time of year!

Aspiring Member
    Most of my clothes are comfortable and I can wear them all day long. I have a couple of bras that are not so comfortable, but I don't wear them as often as the others.
    When women complain about bras being uncomfortable, it's probably because they have the wrong size. I read that more than 50% of women wear the wrong size bra because they've not measured themselves.
    My first wife insisted she was 34D, so when I commented that her bras looked too tight she got me to measure her and she turned out to be 36C, which happened to be the size I had at the time. She tried one of mine and found it to be much more comfortable.
    As we also wore the same size panties, we had a whole underwear sharing thing going on after that.

While dressing I don't especially dig uncomfortable but I bear with it if the look makes up for it. That is true for heels. For the rest, I don't really wear anything uncomfortable. The clothes are more snug than anything else, and I like this sensation of being in a feminine armor, a feeling of protection and power at the same time.

I'd have put up with anything in the early days - too small, tight, wrong colour or material, but now comfort does come first.
    Sometimes things that I think look nice and will be fun to wear turn out to be uncomfortable or just don't cut it for me.

As I'm not into going out dressed anymore the feel outweighs looks and these days anything that doesn't make the grade goes.

When the fog hits most things will hit the mark but once it clears I feel the tightness of clothing or underwear or the shoes that pinch and those items head for the wash and start their journey elsewhere.
    Lots of Love Lilly xx

Not me in the avatar but the lovely Jenny Powell who I loved so much

It depends on the clothing. As others have mentioned. Panties are better than men's undies (unless wearing a sweaty wet thong), skirts rock to the point that I also wear men's utility kilts regularly. I like wearing bras. I am heavy and have a chest. A bra supports my jiggly chest. Heels I put up with for the looks. Yesterday, I wore a corset for about 10 hours. Normally restricting but not terrible. But during the 4 hour round trip driving the corset was forced up taking my breastplate with it and put pressure against my throat the entire time. Very uncomfortable.

Hmm, it depends. I'll comment female garments in general are less bulky and softer than male garments. That said, that can be reversed if a garment is made more for looks rather than comfort.

I'd agree with the line that crossdressers feel more comfortable in women's clothes and thus it's a psychological feeling. But it also depends upon the garment.

Knickers / panties generally feel more comfortable than male equivalents. Slips nicer than T-Shirts or vests. Skirts with hosiery (more so with stockings and garter / suspender belt for me as I'm tall, but each to their own) I find general more comfortable that trousers or jeans. A dress with a decent fabric can be more comfortable that a jumper.

I've said skirts are "nicer" to wear than trousers, however, the balance swings can in favour if trousers on cold days as even with high denier hosiery lower legs especially can become cold. That can be countered by a skirt and boots arrangement though.

I couldn't sleep in a bra, as even a well fitting bra is going to itch through the night eventually. Let's be honest, the bra is about completeness in crossdressing. Corsets, etc., same argument as it's about looks rather than comfort.

Also, as much as we like the lift, it's rare that really high heels can be comfortable to wear - you need an exact fit and once beyond 3.5 to 4 inches you have no chance of sustained comfort. I'd argue, however, if the heel is relatively low, say up to 2 inches maximum, there's little difference between heels and male dress shoes. Women's court shoes also have the advantage of no laces to tie.

However, trainers for comfort are always going to win. And you can't practically exercise in heels (except dance perhaps).

Mind you, there are women out there who keep trying to compete with each other over what is actually an official world record. Running a marathon in high heels!!! This is the current record holder.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20190415/fre...thon-in-heels/

Sue
    Last edited by Mackem Sue; 10-31-2021 at 04:17 PM.

I love being a girl
    I've been following this post for some time now and I agree that women's clothes are generally more comfortable than men's. That said, I've learnt over the past 45 years which styles to buy for comfort. I like the full cut panty and find the high cut, boy leg and other "fashion" cuts uncomfortable; especially the G string (or thong). I feel very comfortable in suspenders and stockings rather than pantyhose. Pantyhose, like trousers and jeans, feel restrictive and going to the loo is a hassle as well when wearing them. I enjoy wearing camisoles and slips apart from when the straps keep falling off my shoulders.

Don't we all love wearing a bra! The ultimate feminine garment. I own about 2 dozen and most fit uncomfortably. I am not brave enough to get a fitting and continue to buy off the rack. A few of them fit nicely, but most are horribly uncomfortable most of the time, but exhilarating to wear, and don't you just love the look and feel when you place your breast forms in.

I find the soft sensual materials just gorgeous next to my skin and under dress nearly everyday. Topped off with a dress or skirt and I feel very comfortable within myself and the feelings I have as Rachael. Yes, over the years many times I have been uncomfortably comfortable. I wouldn't trade any of those times to be a man 24/7.

@Rachael Fernandez;

For me, the 'thong or g-string' or even the pull of the Bra straps are for ever reminders of what it takes to 'present' in a manner that others might find appealing / desirable / sexual.
    I enjoy wearing a thong every chance I get, and even more a full body shaper & forms that hide my male aspect and might fool the world into thinking that I am something of desire.
    I only wish we all could appear as what our minds tell us others desire us to be. Not sure that is understandable. My desire would be that each of us would be able to be seen as we feel we are. As in I don't desire anyone to look at me and see a 60+ male CD, rather my 'dream' would be for the world to turn a blind eye and see me as a 40/50 something attractive person looking for approval & appreciation.
    Last edited by char GG; 11-02-2021 at 07:41 AM. Reason: No need to quote the entire post directly before yours

The mention of "feminine armour" struck a chord. In those (now far-off) days when women - even young ones - wore dresses and skirts over "foundation garments", there was such a stark contrast between the soft, flowing, feminine fabrics of the outer "covering" clothes and the sometimes hard, stiff underwear. Putting an arm round a girl's waist or hips immediately demonstrated this "armour" sensation. Girls told me that they recognised this themselves: they started by putting on their "armour" with its hooks, eyes, straps, bones, suspender clips, etc and then, when satisfied that they were properly armoured, put on the soft, feminine covering layer which the world would see. Those were very different feelings and experiences from those that we males had - and a prompt for our interest in experiencing such clothes for ourselves.

As I said earlier, everything I own, trial and error, fits comfortably, including boned girdles, long line bras,etc. I find there are times when I make adjustments, not necessarily because of any discomfort, but just a habit I have and enjoy. Bra straps, scooping, stockings, panties, garters, makeup, are examples. I always smile after.