Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frilly Bridesmaids Dress at a Garage Sale Close by. What would you do

When I see something I like, I just buy it.
    As far as what lesbians think, well they're just like anyone else, some don't care, some are accepting, some are supportive; the three gay women I've known, and got to know pretty well, all were supportive of me, kept my secret (as I kept theirs, as I met them all at work and they weren't out). But they all believed that I was just gay and in denial, and 'should try being gay'.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Okay, I know my measurements. So, how do you take a skirt or dress and measure (what, where, etc) to determine if the article of clothing will fit you? I mean, do you take a skirt, measure the waist and multiply by 2? And how do you measure the chest area of a dress to determine if it will fit? Thanks!

Pretty much the same. Lay the dress flat, or hang it up and run the tape across the chest and then the waist and double each measurement. Of course you need to know your measurements when properly padded and cinched down. The bust and waist are the only measurements to worry about as more than likely the hips will be larger than you need if the other two measurements or good.

#1. Yes have worn both brides and bridesmaids dresses and both are fun and fantastic!
    #2. No... If they are upset by a "guy" buying it than they wouldn't be selling it. Stop and think, if they donated it to Goodwill, would they have a say in who buys it?
    #3. Yes... They view us as people just as they wish to be viewed. The only time they MAY care is if you are dressed and trying to pick one of them up Then you would have some explaining to do... :-)
    #4. Yes... Garage sales are for one thing: get rid of stuff fast. Unless I KNOW the person holding the sale and they don't know about me, then I would not buy anything feminine from them. But a random house that I drive by on the way to work? Heck yes!

Quote Originally Posted by DeeMNCD View Post
    Garage sales are for one thing: get rid of stuff fast.
    I once saw a garage sale sign that was spelled "GROJ" Sale - Get Rid Of Junk! And they described the difference between "stuff" and "junk":

Stuff is the junk you keep, and junk is the stuff you throw away...
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon