Thread: The case of the missing bra

The case of the missing bra

My wife and I have matching sports bras. While I only wear mine on occasion she always wears hers for workouts. Last week we had someone staying at our house as we were out of town. I cleaned out a few drawers and hid stuff away so that person would not find my clothes. When we got back this gave me an opportunity to clean out some stuff that I didn?t wear. I noticed that particular bra was missing. I looked through my closet also clearing out more stuff that I didn?t wear. Look through all of my drawers and it could not be found. The other day her mother-in-law was up watching the kids And as we were all talking she mentioned that she came up and had to borrow one of my wife?s sports bras. This was for a medical exam that she couldn?t have any metal on her bra for. Whether she knows for sure that I dress or not I had a fleeting image of her trying on my sports bra. I can only imagine she would be swimming in it as she is a very small person. She did go on to say that she wash her bra and put it back so I Can only assume that she did wear one of my wife?s. That bra is currently still missing. I doubt it was the housesitter because she was also a small person. The search continues?.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Does your wife wear the same size sports bra as you?

If so, she may just be "borrowing" it -- forever.

About a week ago having washed a load on underwear I couldn't find a pair of black knickers. Looked in all the usual places, twice, not to be found. Then the next day I found them pretty much in plain sight on a wardrobe shelf that has tee and polo shirts on it.

I must have put the knickers there, " Just for a minute " while I tidied other stuff away and forgot about them.

Reality Check
    I can't imagine your MIL borrowing one of your wife's bras without asking first and I doubt a house sitter or anyone else would take it, so I suspect it's around somewhere. In a drawer under other clothes? Folded up in sheets or towels? Behind the washer or drier?
    Krisi

I have a pair of heels, ivory in colour that I can't find anywhere in the house. Since I took some of my dressing to the building where I was cleaning up the various rooms and apartments I may have left them behind. I hope whoever finds them thinks a really big girl, I wear a size 11 ladies shoe, lived there.
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

Funny thing about forgetting. I bet you remember lyrics of songs from back in the day.

Sarah,

I love the car.

My dream car, but I need a someone to drive it so I can ride in the back in style.
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

Check your bra drawer....lol
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.