Thread: What was your *worst* Halloween CD'ing experience / costume?

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar

What was your *worst* Halloween CD'ing experience / costume?

A good story and/or pics are a plus!

Banned Read only
    This was way back during my college years (late 90s). One Halloween, I dressed as an 80s metal chick with every last detail: spandex minidress, hose and fishnets over shaved legs, heels, obscene amounts of makeup, etc. I went with some friends to a party on the other side of town and got completely trashed. The friends I went with knew that I was a CD and really didn't care, but the people at the party were a mix of amused, horny, and hostile. Well, I got really drunk and fell asleep on a couch. When I woke up a few hours later, my friends had left (along with my ride back to campus), and I did not know a single person at the party. I didn't bring any money for a taxi, and I ended up walking home through several sketchy neighborhoods around 1 am in a spandex minidress, caked with makeup, and carrying my heels in hand. It took me about 90 minutes to get home. Thankfully, the walk was uneventful but that was the last time I went anywhere with that group of friends.
    Last edited by MonicaPVD; 10-28-2021 at 06:54 AM.

Monica

That sounds pretty horrible.

That's why I don't drink and dress.

And always make sure that I have some money
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Read only
    Yea, not my finest hour but definitely on brand for a college kid.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    OMG, Monica!

Makes for an ever-lasting memory, anyway.

What, all these views, but no one else??

Eh, maybe they're like me, and typically have good Halloween costumes & experiences.

Though I remember one time...

A drag queen friend of mine & I made plans to get all dolled-up & hit an LGBT club on Halloween weekend, where they were having a Halloween drag competition.

Anyone could enter... Neither of us were going to, though.

Mistake #1: Instead of getting ready at home first, then driving over to his house? We decided that I could just get ready there. Ugh! Everything seemed off -- which made me take even longer than usual. And to make matters worse? He kept checking up on me every few minutes, saying how late we were going to be if I didn't hurry up!

Then it dawned on me: Wait a sec... Shouldn't *he* be getting ready, as well?!?

He replied, "Oh, I decided last-minute that I'm not going to dress up tonight. I'm just going like this [his guy-self]."

Ummm... what??

"So, I'm the only one getting all dolled-up, then?" I asked.

"Oh, don't worry," he said. "So-&-so and his boyfriend are coming with us, so he'll be dressed, too. He's even entering the competition!"

Uhh, who are these people, again?

"Come on, what's taking you so long? They'll be here very soon. It's a long drive to the club, you know."

Great.

Weird thing, though? Despite the totally nerve-wracking start, I actually ended up having a blast that night!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've got one for u, Ellbe. This happened over 15 years ago rite after I came out of the closet, sfter attending a T event across the country, but before I knew there were dressers near me. It was Halloween and I wanted to push myself to go out as a woman in a costume. So, I attended a group of single men and women who met monthly in various hotel ballrooms around SoCal. Their Halloween dance invite said, "Costumers highly recommended!"

This was my chance to meet up with vanilla people of the age I presented as when masked. About early 30's to late 40's? Even tho I was over 60. Of course, then as now, nearly no one wore a mask there except me. I got there kind of early and was taken in by a group of girls who said I should sit with them as they were regulars and knew how things worked there. It was like a middle school dance. The men sat together and the women sat together in groups. When the music began playing and room filled up, men began walking the room while the women sat and walted to be asked to dance. See what I mean about a school dance?

Anyway, after awhile I felt like my less attractive girl pals, raw meat in the store, as we sat and chatted while being checked out while the pretty, popular girls were continuously chosen. I looked hot but because I wore a mask the men worried I was homely. And, as it tturned, most of the men were not there to dance primarily but to find dates!

Of course, I was chosen a few times by unattractive men. Unfortunately, once on the dance floor I was peppered with questions. And, whenever I opened my mouth, the jig was up! A couple were nice enuff to finish that dance, but one just walked away!

Anyway, a very humiliating and eye opening evening. Except for my gal pals and the few guys I danced with, I passed! I discovered how being a very ordinary woman felt. And, it wasn't all that great! Altho, the looks on those guys faced when they heard my voice was priceless!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 10-28-2021 at 02:14 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

the first time i dressed in public was at a Halloween party i was invited to. The dress i wore wasn't that great and i wore heels for the first time. I managed the heels fine until i had a few drinks and drunkenly fell down a flight of stairs lol I was okay, too drunk to feel anything so i was completely back to normal immediately after but my god I was sooo embarrassed, i still cringe when i think about it haha

Stephanie, So you did away with the suspicion of being a crossdresser?
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

That was a few months before i came out as trans lol we all gotta start somewhere i guess

3 years ago. My partner and I had planned to go to this bar about 5 minutes walk from our flat. It is a rock/metal venue and I had no qualms about dolling myself up for the evening. I was going for the rock chick look. She was going (very distastefully) as a blood soaked schoolgirl. We drank wine and then tequila in home and got fairly blotto. She then decided she was not dressing up and was just going in what she already had on. On the way to the bar she stopped at the convenience store for something while I waited outside. Some guy tapped me on the shoulder and then laughed at me and mocked me before pulling off my wig and throwing it in the road. He then entered the store and abused everybody in there before starting back on me. My partner in her drunken state found this hilarious but I felt so vulnerable. We headed back home and on the way I was jeered by another group of revellers. I never imagined myself to be thin skinned but it stopped me from going out en femme for about 18 months.
    Last edited by Charlotte Haynes; 10-31-2021 at 12:55 PM.

Charlotte somewhere during that process, and especially right after he threw my wig in the road, i'd have thrown him a very hard upper right to his chin. Two can play at that game.
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

Im sorry you went through that, but, yes, i agree with the upper right to the chin. However, i wasnt in your shoes at the time.

To those who suggested that I should have thrown a right hander please be aware that I am no stranger to fist fights but the fact that I was crossdressed made any confrontation seem impossible. Also I was more than tipsy and tottering around in heels. Lots of people online make posts about delivering their own type of justice but how many would or could actually do it?

Just another 'Gurl'
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Haynes View Post
    3 years ago. My partner and I had planned to go to this bar about 5 minutes walk from our flat. It is a rock/metal venue and I had no qualms about dolling myself up for the evening. I was going for the rock chick look. She was going (very distastefully) as a blood soaked schoolgirl. We drank wine and then tequila in home and got fairly blotto. She then decided she was not dressing up and was just going in what she already had on. On the way to the bar she stopped at the convenience store for something while I waited outside. Some guy tapped me on the shoulder and then laughed at me and mocked me before pulling off my wig and throwing it in the road. He then entered the store and abused everybody in there before starting back on me. My partner in her drunken state found this hilarious but I felt so vulnerable. We headed back home and on the way I was jeered by another group of revellers. I never imagined myself to be thin skinned but it stopped me from going out en femme for about 18 months.
    That sounds like a rough time. I went to an LGBT bar once and a group of pricks came in like the people you describe. They totally ruined the night.
    Just another man in a dress

Charlotte, you are right of course, it's easy to say what you would be doing in any given situation, especially if you are not or have not been in such. I have never been and I'm glad I have not. 35+ years ago I promised my wife I would never hang out in a bar drinking all night and carousing. Her first husband did and it cost her many long hours of worry as well as hard work. And it cost him any respect his sons had for him. In the years we have been married I have been drunk only three times and of those three times one was at her father's house on a Christmas eve when I didn't have to drive anywhere, and the other two times was at my fathers house when I didn't have to go anywhere. At her father's house I knew I was getting over the top so I quit drinking alcohol early and switched to non-alcoholic drinks. At my father's house I just toned down my consumption until I was back on an even keel then quit altogether.

I truly hate the feeling of being drunk, so I don't go that far with my drinking.
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Haynes View Post
    To those who suggested that I should have thrown a right hander please be aware that I am no stranger to fist fights but the fact that I was crossdressed made any confrontation seem impossible. Also I was more than tipsy and tottering around in heels. Lots of people online make posts about delivering their own type of justice but how many would or could actually do it?
    Sorry, didnt mean to offend.
    Its just my gut reaction to hearing about things like this and those sort of people that i hate.
    Id imagine i would have frozen and not know what to do. Who knows.

Walking home from a friends party about 1am. Had a coat on but it was open. Above-the knee dress, textured nylons, largish breast forms, long blonde wig.

A car full of young men drove by slowly and made some lurid comments. Then I heard, “I think that’s a guy,” and “Let’s go back.”

I was very scared. Very fortunately it was a one way street so they had to make a loop around. Realized that if I got to the next block it was still one way and they’d have to make another, bigger loop. Walked as fast as I could so I was past where they would loop around and didn’t look back. In the end nothing happened but I felt extremely vulnerable as there were a group of them and they’d probably been drinking.

Banned Read only
    Alexis, that's the worst kind. One can end up a victim of mob mentality.

KymG,
    I was not offended. I am one of those who is always on the defensive, though😀...but not that particular evening.