Thread: Wife's comments. Nothing major, but interesting IMO.

Just another 'Gurl'

Wife's comments. Nothing major, but interesting IMO.

So the other day my daughter who is 7 had a problem with her painted nails. My wife was at work and she was sobbing to her mum about the state they were in. My wife told her "ask your dad to help you, he has painted his nails before." My daughter came in and asked me if I had, to which I replied "no I had not painted my nails, but I could fix hers" and I did.

I told my wife later on that I had never painted my nails, as I only used fake nails. She just laughed.

A few days later we were in the car and my wife wanted me to wear some men's clothing with ankle exposed. I said no, no I hate those. She asked why and I said because they are not at all manly. She laughed and asked "since when have you worried about being manly" I just laughed and said nothing. I really can't stand having to be manly at all. Would far rather hang out with women than men.

I don't know, but I take these comments as my wife being being more comfortable with this part of me. She has always been an incredibe woman and very supportive. In the past she offered to help with my makeup, however I am less comfortable with the idea of dressing around her I think than she is of me dressing. Anyway just though I would share.
    Last edited by Kitty Sue; 10-29-2021 at 12:38 PM.
    Just another man in a dress

Platinum Member
    Both comments were interesting. Your wife is clearly more open-minded and supportive of your gender identity than many spouses. And the fact that you can speak openly and honestly is a testament to both of you. Perhaps the time will come when you are more comfortable with presenting yourself in her company. What a great step that would be!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I am officially jealous - what a wonderful woman. She seems confident enough in herself to accept our unusual hobby at face value. There are not enough hugs in the world for such love, but you can try.

It seems to me you have been given quite a gift in the wife department. I won't give you any advice all regarding dressing or not dressing, as I don't know your situation. But I hope you are sensible enough to take advantage of her openness to talking about gender roles and your gender situation in particular. This is an opportunity not everyone gets, and could be a path to a stronger and maybe even more fun relationship.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sounds like you're giving your wife mixed messages? She may be more in tune with your fem side than u r!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I think many of us would prefer to be with a group of women then guys, not even close. Hello, who is more fun?
    On another note, you have an awesome wife!
    Crissy

I was unaware they made men's capris but nothing surprises me these days. five or six years ago I went to the Goodwill store to buy some men's shorts and couldn't find any to fit me. Because I have often bought jeans and ladies shirts in a thrift store I had no problem going to the ladies dept. for some shorts. I ended up with 4 pairs of shorts and 3 capris. Nothing outrageous in colour, pattern, or style. Got them home, put in the washer and following the dry cycle put on a pair of capris. Right away my wife jumped on me for wearing capris, my only defense was, they are pants covering my underwear. "But they are women's capris." "Not any more, they are mine, and as you know, I'm not a woman." The comments ended there. I wear capris now whenever I want/need to wear pants but don't need to wear pants to the floor. Truth be I really like the fact that the capris fit well at the waist, are a bit large in the hips and down to the hem.
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

Just go with it......enjoy and dress away with her!
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Platinum Member
    Needless to say I am somewhat envious. My wife has not said a darn thing about my cross dressing since the early 1980's. Your wife may be more comfortable with your cross dressing than you, but, maybe you're able to compartmentalize it. I am comfortable with my male and female sides but they do not blend at all. Happy to read you helped your daughter. Some guys would have run away in terror and considered it an affront to their "manliness."

Just another 'Gurl'
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Both comments were interesting. Your wife is clearly more open-minded and supportive of your gender identity than many spouses. And the fact that you can speak openly and honestly is a testament to both of you. Perhaps the time will come when you are more comfortable with presenting yourself in her company. What a great step that would be!
    Agreed, she is certainly open minded and supportive. Amazing as she comes from a very conservative family. I think alot of it comes with her being a nurse and having a number of gay friends. I will probably dress around her one day. Maybe when I lose weight

Quote Originally Posted by crobeson96 View Post
    I am officially jealous - what a wonderful woman. She seems confident enough in herself to accept our unusual hobby at face value. There are not enough hugs in the world for such love, but you can try.
    Thanks yes she is a wondeful woman IMO. Confident and smart. We have an interesting neighborhood. A couple next to us appears to be in an interesting relationship also. The man rumors say is gay, while the woman is not. The man certainly comes across as the stereotypical gay man. Great couple and a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaS View Post
    Had to laugh at this because I couldn't agree more. I will never wear men's Capris for that very reason. Kinda funny for a couple CD'ers to feel that way. I also have always felt more comfortable with a group a women rather then a group of guys.
    Nothing worse than men's clothing trying to be women's. Remember those hideous panties for men called "Manties?"

Quote Originally Posted by April Rose View Post
    It seems to me you have been given quite a gift in the wife department. I won't give you any advice all regarding dressing or not dressing, as I don't know your situation. But I hope you are sensible enough to take advantage of her openness to talking about gender roles and your gender situation in particular. This is an opportunity not everyone gets, and could be a path to a stronger and maybe even more fun relationship.
    Thanks yes I feel very fortunate. We have talked alot about gender. I did tell her I am more inclined to clean when dressed up. She laughed and said wearing a dress ought to have nothing to do with picking up a broom.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Sounds like you're giving your wife mixed messages? She may be more in tune with your fem side than u r!
    You could be right Doc. Although I don't think that is my intention. She may very well be in tune with my fem side that I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissy 107 View Post
    I think many of us would prefer to be with a group of women then guys, not even close. Hello, who is more fun?
    On another note, you have an awesome wife!
    Boys are boring. I have some good male friends but I get sick of talking about BS sports, guns, politics and all that rubbish. Although I do like talking about that stuff with women. Women just see things from a more interesting perspective IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahLynn View Post
    I was unaware they made men's capris but nothing surprises me these days. five or six years ago I went to the Goodwill store to buy some men's shorts and couldn't find any to fit me. Because I have often bought jeans and ladies shirts in a thrift store I had no problem going to the ladies dept. for some shorts. I ended up with 4 pairs of shorts and 3 capris. Nothing outrageous in colour, pattern, or style. Got them home, put in the washer and following the dry cycle put on a pair of capris. Right away my wife jumped on me for wearing capris, my only defense was, they are pants covering my underwear. "But they are women's capris." "Not any more, they are mine, and as you know, I'm not a woman." The comments ended there. I wear capris now whenever I want/need to wear pants but don't need to wear pants to the floor. Truth be I really like the fact that the capris fit well at the waist, are a bit large in the hips and down to the hem.
    I love women's capris, but men's are hideous. Then again all men's clothes are hideous IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mbmeen12 View Post
    Just go with it......enjoy and dress away with her!
    Indeed I shall. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Needless to say I am somewhat envious. My wife has not said a darn thing about my cross dressing since the early 1980's. Your wife may be more comfortable with your cross dressing than you, but, maybe you're able to compartmentalize it. I am comfortable with my male and female sides but they do not blend at all. Happy to read you helped your daughter. Some guys would have run away in terror and considered it an affront to their "manliness."
    My wife is only 35 so it is probably easier for her to accept me being a crossdresser than people of an older generation. So I am fortunate there. I do think I am able to compartmentalize my dressing and they don't really blend at all. Unless I under dress, which I have not done in a long time. I have no problem helping my daughter with girly things. My wife realizing I am not the most manly of men makes it easier too.
    Just another man in a dress

sometimes they just come around in their own time which is good.
    me and the wife were conversing one day and laughing about something and she said girrlllllllll you are crazy.
    at first I was so caught off guard thinking is she on the phone???? and I kinda just stared at her for a second, then she just smiled at me and the convo continued.

As one who has a supportive wife, It sounds like your wife is more on board with your dressing than you think. I, too was tentative about the first time seeing me dressed. We talked at length and she convinced me it was OK. I was a little nervous, but she assured me there was no problem. Telling your daughter, or not, is another separate issue. I think the door is open?don?t hesitate?walk in.

Kitty Sue, I have an accepting wife too. However, sometimes I think she is more accepting of me than my dressing. Meaning the dressing is part of me so she accepts it. But I don't think she would go out looking for a man who crossdresses.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".