Thread: Halloweenish

Banned Read only

Halloweenish

Last night, I went to a big Halloween party that was attended by several of my coworkers. I went as Monica. This was the first time my coworkers had seen me dressed and it was a lot of fun. I arrived around 930pm and the event, which was held at a very fancy and large house, was packed. My theme was 80s rock chick, so I went all out. Full body shaping gear, breast plate, shaved legs with shimmery hose, 5" pumps, spandex mini dress, heavy makeup, and a Joan Jett style black wig with fabulous bangs. It was cold out but my adrenaline was on 11 so I didn't even bother to wear a coat. When I first arrived, no one recognized me. I walked up to two coworkers and said hello. They smiled but had no clue. I then addressed one by name and her mouth just dropped when she realized who I was. She was a bit shocked but then proceeded to walk me around the space, loudly announcing to everyone from work that it was "me". I got plenty of rave reviews (mosty women) and more than a few snarky comments (from men) about how this was clearly much more than a Halloween costume. After two drinks, I was feeling pretty bold and told anyone who asked that this was my alter ego, something I was quite proud of. Overall, the response was positive and nice. After the first 45 minutes or so, the novelty subsided and it was just me and my people enjoying a night out with drinks and conversations and dancing. It was a good night. Now, we will see what the feedback is tomorrow in the office.

That is so awesome Monica! I would say I'm at that point too. Spending so many years trying to cover this side of me up, and being ashamed of it; I don't care anymore AND i'm also quite proud of "it". I guess that's one of the plus sides of "adding-years" to the ticker.......
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Platinum Member
    I hope it proves to be a step in the right direction. But I would not recommend Joan Jett style for everyday attire at the office

i have not come out to a group of high school friends, but i tell them their is a trans person in my family....me....after i tell of a brother i met a few years ago, so they are always caught up with me having a brother mostly.

i think the women at work will be friendlier towards you, the men folks....not so much...."bird of a feather" syndrome....keep us up to speed....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Yeah, being too passable, or dressing to the littlest of details is a dead giveaway that your "costume" is not a once a year thing. Best of vibes for upcoming days at work.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

Monica, Sounds like a great time.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Sounds like a great time.

Let us know how it goes at work, OK?

Banned Read only
    Thanks for the comments, ladies. Today, I went to work with a little bit of anxiety, not knowing what to expect. A male coworker immediately asked me why I wasn't wearing something to show off my hot legs today, rather sarcastically of course. A couple of women coworkers said that I looked great. One said that I looked better as a woman and should dress up more often, which was kind of funny and cringy at the same time. Overall, no one made a real big deal about it. Just another day at the office, I guess.

A very lovely time for you. I have found that it is more often than not the women who are the accepting ones, the blokes, sometime, just don't get it at all
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

You had a great time at the party and that's all it matters .

Wow, I am pretty daring when it comes to going out dressed, but that is way beyond anything I could do. What is interesting is that it seems to prove that owning it all but shuts down the people who would tease about it - at least mostly. I suppose there is always some creep that might not ever let it go but seems to have worked for you.

Like wow

Sandi

Of course it's not just a Halloween thing Monica. It's something you love doing and you do it great. You were the star of the party and to hell with the men who were jealous of you (or fancied you). Well done.

Personally, I'd love to do that. I'd have to raise my game a little though first, at least makeup wise. It wouldn't affect my self esteem as a man at all. Rather, I feel it would boost it:

That's what cross dressing should be about. Fantastic. Well done once again. Oh, and if you took any photos, please let's see them.

Mini

I had a similar experience many years ago and it was great when everybody got used to me and I was able to mix and interact as another of the girls.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Please post the "feedback", Monica!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Update: Feedback throughout the week at work has been minimal but all positive. Took the day off today to run a bunch of errands.

Screenshot_20210330-064410_Gallery.jpg

Great story -- sounds like you had a wonderful time . . . and that's the main thing. I can see "the future" -- and there will be more Monica sightings! Yea!!!
    I am what I am and also what I am not!