Thread: Halloween chicken out.

Halloween chicken out.

So i was going to go out dressed tonight, just hopefully a short walk as its halloween and i could get away with it. Then i realised that just dressing as a woman in full would have nothing to do with halloween anyway. Id stand out a mile.
    The streets will be full of people taking their kids round the houses.
    Id want less people out, not more.
    Oh well.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I agree! Simply "DRESSING AS A WOMAN" is not related to Halloween and shows a lack of imagination and is a common "MAN'S disguise." DO things like Witches, Gypsy Fortune tellers, "Morticia" or "Elvira" type Characters, etc.---

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Back in the early 60's One of the favorite Halloween costumes ,in southern states in the Gulf coast region, for young adolescent Boys (12-15) was "Dressing as girls/Women" . Perhaps an affect of local Mardi Gras traditions. That was a surprise to me as I had recently moved from the Carolinas. AT 13 and 14 years old the idea was VERY attractive, (but I only started dressing in secret about a year before) So I stuck with traditional Costumes ("death" Monsters" etc.) I was afraid to dress as a female lest my secret be somehow be revealed or I get a "reputation", Only in recent years did I realize I could have gotten away with it--and at the BEST age for convincing crossdressing.---One of those 'Missed opportunities" I alwayd think I should have "kicked myself" over.

Kym, People with the kids would just assume you were on your way to a party. You may have overthought the issue.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    On Halloween CD's in the know dress in women's costumes!

Sometimes we even pass then!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    I have to agree with doc. Stana, who has the site "Femulate" also has stated CD-ers who are out in the community dress in female costumes at Halloween. CD-ers flying under the radar go for the womanly look. Personally, when I was a lot younger and I did got out en femme on Halloween I wanted to be dressed as an ordinary woman, although dressed up as in going to a party. Nothing outrageous. I looked at Kym's pictorial posts. Wow! Yep, you'd attract a lot of attention from those dads taking their kids around trick or treating. You have a knockout figure.

Halloween is like the FREE Bingo spot for crossdressers. In for a penny, in for a pound and just go for it, normal or fancy dress. |
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    Kym, People with the kids would just assume you were on your way to a party. You may have overthought the issue.
    I agree with Jamie, sometimes we all overthink things.
    Crissy

For the past 5 or 6 years, I've always dressed like a woman, but not just any woman. The Halloween I was a Geisha. I was full on girl wearing a kimono with white makeup, bright red lips and my hair (wig) in a bun.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Platinum Member
    I understand the concern. No one wants to be seen as a creep when kids are out. Next time, pick a public destination like a mall or shop in broad daylight. Its actually safer and you are far more likely to blend in.

Kym, it's sad you couldn't go through with it, but we all have to do what's right for us and at our own pace. One thing though, when you do decide the time is right, pick the busiest place you can think of and go at the busiest time. That way everyone is going this way and that way and thinking about what's for dinner, what are the kids up to, they must remember to call into this shop or that shop, or do this or that, of they'll be chatting to their friend or on their phone or doing any one of hundreds of things that means that the woman who just walked the other way got completely ignored. Another thing to bear in mind too - I've found the UK to be a great place to be out and about.

Reality Check
    It doesn't matter if people realize that you are a crossdresser unless they know you. If you walk around in a neighborhood other than your own or walk around downtown in a city, you'll be fine. In fact, you are far safer walking around with people around than skulking around in dark places alone.
    Krisi

It is an opportunity you should not miss, there are a lot of one time dressers out on Halloween.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Kym,

Well there is always next year, but I would avoid the streets with trick or treaters and protective parents. That is not really the best place. It sounds scary but if you go to some type of club with dancing or a bar, you would fit right in because people are wearing all kinds of stuff on Halloween. There will be a lot of young people just looking to have some fun. Give it a try sometime.

Sandi

Take a step back and look. if you saw what you thought was a guy in a dress maybe ?, would you turn round follow him/her, stop them and ask exuse me ? are you a guy in a dress , never. never. never would that happen., people have better things to do in there life

I am not going to get into the discussion about explanations or concerns about being confronted -- that is such a personal issue that can only be addressed by the individual and their own "comfort" levels. However, IF you need/want an excuse next time, you can always say you lost a (sports-related) bet (and someone else picked your costume).
    I am what I am and also what I am not!

Banned Read only
    There will likely never be a perfect time to go out. Too many people make you nervous. Not enough people and you will stand out too much to those who are around. The bottom line is that all these calculations are in our heads. I will repeat this to the day that I die: Most people who are out and about do not have their "crossdresser radar" turned on. They are too self-absorbed, too busy thinking about themselves, their problems, their lists of things to do. Therefore, to the extent that you can stomach it, hiding in plain sight is always the best option. Go to busy places. Places where there are dozens or hundreds of people doing their thing. You. Will. Just. Be. Another. Person. Once you have done that a few times, you will come to this conclusion on your own and then will be able to step out fearlessly into just about any scenario.

Kym,

This isn't a criticism of our cousins on the other side of the pond but perhaps they don't realise that Halloween isn't as big over here and we certainly don't have a history of adults playing dress-up as seems to be the case in the US. Hence I think you were right not to go out due to the fact that as you say, it's more likely you'll come across an adult taking a few young kids door to door so you'd stand out far more than on a normal evening.

I'm all for members getting out and about but there are better ways and times than Halloween for us UK gurls.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed