Thread: My Weekend out with the Wife

My Weekend out with the Wife

Everyone else is posting their Halloween and I want in on the fun.

My plan had been to dress up go to the Texas RenFair with my wife, Saturday as a Witch and Sunday her family joining us and we were going as Pirates. Well luck would have it, the family plans changed and it was just me and my wife going for the weekend together. Friday we drove over and got a hotel close enough to dress up in the morning and head on in.

I had worn more girly clothes for the drive Friday so I figured my wife would rather me as a Pirate for Saturday and she had her Pirate outfit too, so that's how we went. While enjoying ourselves and looking in the shops, my wife mentioned wanting to get an outfit AND if I wanted one I should too. Maybe not worded quite that way. So we looked at a couple of the shops we'd been to and she had decided she liked one. We went in and found one that she really liked and got set up with a great skirts/bodice/shirt set.

Then she asked if I wanted the poofy one I'd looked at earlier and said was pretty, meaning a dress too. Really surprised, but yes I did. So we walked over to that shop, but I couldn't find it on the rack and I wasn't ready to ask as I hadn't worked up the courage to ask in front of others. We went across to another shop and I looked and found one I liked and asked and was told they were all one size and could try it on, she was a little unsure, my wife noticed she had hearing aids and I was nervous and see seemed a little off put by me, which I took at the time to be demeanor and so we left. That's when my wife told me what she had seen her hearing aids and noticed while she helped others she and I was trying on.

Next shop, and I find one that I like and of course it's getting late, the shop has only one person working now and the customer she is helping wants to talk. They wrap up and I'm ready. I'm completely sure my wife is cool with this. I've now hit two other stores so confidence is up. I tell the saleslady what I am looking for and she's cool. I show her the skirt, she shows me the Corsets, my size what they have don't match and stock is a little low, so she finds one that will fit and we find a shirt to match. We find a shirt and an over skirt that is pretty. I try it on! IT'S AWESOME!!! The Corset is too big, so back over to the corsets and there is one in the smaller size that is exactly like the one I have on. The saleslady helps me take off the corset and helps me put on the smaller one. It fit and feels AWESOME! Then she plays with the skirt and shows us how to pull some of the over skirt up and through some smaller lacing on the front to make it even prettier. Then says, if you come in tomorrow morning I can show you how to bussel it in the back too.

Sunday morning we got up and got dressed. This is the first time I am really getting ready to go out in a dress in front of my wife. I've done it before, but this time she is helping and has to really to get the corset on. I do my hair and make-up and I can ask my wife what she thinks, she says it looks nice. I go to wear some shoes that I am going to need socks with, she says no, wear the ones you wore Friday, that means I need thin socks or nylons. So off goes the skirts and nylons go on, backwards. Off and back on with nylons and then skirts. Corset next, I think my wife liked that a little too much. And we're ready to go. Walking out the hotel we get complements on our dresses from the cleaning ladies and a guest. And then the first stop for gas and morning drinks. Gotta have the caffeine and a look of confusion from the guy behind the counter.

Getting to the RenFair we walk in with a plan, first to buy a cheep bag to carry things we buy and to the dress shop for fancying up. The saleslady is great again and she is happy to show my wife what she is doing so that we can do it in the future. She asks if she can take my picture and I am quick to say yes, before I think. We get a picture of the two of us and she takes one with my wife's phone also. First pictures out with someone else and in the world. Still a little worried about that, but oh well.

Next we went to a wind-chime shop looking for a Christmas present. While looking, there is a hairbraiding stand outside. I decide I want to do that. I let my wife know and go out to do that while she buys a chime. I find a braid that I like and ask the lady braiding hair for it. My wife comes over to join me and says it looks nice. As the braider is working she asks if I would like flowers in my hair, I figure sure. Then she asks if it would be OK if she added glitter, I'm loving it, so yes. My wife smiled.

Everywhere we went walking around the fair everyone was great. We were called Ladies by all the RenFair people and even just random people that walked over to ask about our outfits. It was so much fun. Then we had to go to the bathroom. We head towards the bathrooms and my wife asks if I need to also. I do, but now I am a little uneasy about going in, to the Men's room. But figure I am in Texas and I am pretty sure walking into the Women's room could be an issue, so I walk into the Men's room. Yes I got a few 2nd looks, but no strange looks. I grab a stall and after fighting with the skirts, leave. Yes, I went straight out, fast as I could. Hand sanitizer well placed was used. But after that first time, it was no problem. And the day continued to be GREAT!

As we're walking around towards the end of the day, I ask my wife if her dress is still comfortable and she says it is. I let her know that mine is too. Then ask if she would wear it home, because I was thinking I would rather, instead of changing like we had planed. She says she would be fine with that. We pickup our purchases from a couple of shops, wind-chimes are not a carry around all day item and head out.

Driving home we stop at a Bucky's to use the Restrooms and get drinks, it's a Texas gas station. We walk in and there must have been a high school bus in the parking lot from the amount of teenagers, but they mostly seem to be in the cashier lines. I use the Men's room again without anything happening, only it was now a lot easier with all the practice today. I walk over to get a soda for my wife and I. We cash out with the only interaction with others being positive and complimentary of our dresses. And the rest of the ride home was uneventful.

This weekend was one of the best days ever. Not wedding or kids births, but pretty close. Maybe like passing my driver's license good. My wife was so positive about things. Dressing has been something she knew about, but didn't want to see and would get upset when she found. But this has been changing lately and she says she's OK with it.

If you want to dress and have a RenFair nearby, I would say it's a great place to go put in public for a first timer, maybe do it on a Halloween weekend too for more ease.

Billie, That sounds like a great weekend with your wife.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

That was fun to read Billie, you have a wonderful wife. It seems to me it would be harder to go to the men?s room dressed than the women?s room, but it is Texas. The laws are what really matters. Bucee?s has the cleanest restrooms anywhere. Glad you had fun, now for more shopping, right?!

Sounds like a great weekend!

Great weekend - great wife

That sounds like a marvelous weekend out!

I kinda feel like the crowds at the RenFest are a bit more open-minded about the bathroom stuff than the average Texan. At least my friends who are regulars there are open-minded about these things, so maybe that biases my view.

Sounds like a wonderful weekend I hope you have many many more.

congratz on your weekend billie....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Congrats and kudos to you and your wife Billie. Always good to hear about a couple sharing and caring. Here's to you both enjoying future adventures.

Karen

Oh Jennifer, I am sure that is true. I've not had any issues so far, and hope things stay that way. For the most part I've seen that Texans don't terribly care what others are doing if it doesn't affect them.
    Last edited by char GG; 11-03-2021 at 11:21 AM. Reason: No political statements please.

We need Pictures...................Debra

Just another 'Gurl'
    Sounds like a great time for your wife and you too. Awesome.
    Just another man in a dress

Billie, What a great weekend with your wonderful wife. I am definitely envious and I know I am not the only one.
    Crissy

Going back to the Ren Faire tomorrow! Now I have to decide, wear the Dress that didn't show up in time for Halloween weekend, my wife will be wearing hers, or wear the dress that I bought at the Ren Faire last time.

Not a problem Billie the new dress, a girl can't be seen in the same old dress two days in a row.
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

Turned out to be a no go, family emergency in the middle of the night. Lot's of panic and tests run at the hospital, for what might be just sleeping strangely and pinching a nerve. A very expensive night out drinking if that turns out to be the case for that family member.