Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossdresser wanting to change eating habits

Reality Check
    Dieting has nothing to do with crossdressing. Plenty of non-crossdressers try to lose weight, stick to a diet, etc.

As someone mentioned, the first thing to do is consult with your doctor. Besides that, there is a lot of information about dieting and losing weight on the Internet. I suggest some Internet research.
    Krisi

Thank you Pumped and I agree with all the the advice in the world will not help, unless you do something for yourself. That is why I am putting in writing on this forum, I am making a commitment to myself. Congratulations on over 30 pounds of weight loss!!!

Thank you Linda, I just ordered it. Looking forward to reading it.

Thanks for sharing Natalie and good luck.

Amazing Wendy, thank you for sharing. Congratulations on such an accomplishment, I hope to be in your rearview soon.

Thank you Krisi but I tend to disagree with you in a sense. I am motivated by trying look better in womenswear so I would like to start changing my eating habits to make a dream come true. I agree on the the doctor and I am already researching.

Hugs to all,
    Nicole
    Last edited by Nicolelicd; 11-05-2021 at 08:18 PM.

In Sept, 2020 I went to the Doctor for my annual physical, I weighed 198. I came home and told my wife I needed to lose weight. She researched and decided we were going to do Keto. Long story short, I now weight 162-165 and I am 5'11". Keto is basically Carb counting. Keto suggests you stay under 50 grams of carbs a day. Read the labels and you will be amazed how many carbs are packed in food. We eat homemade yogurt with grain free granola in the morning. Very light at lunch and then salad and lean meat/chicken/ etc at dinner. Count your carbs and don't worry about the calories. There is a special on Amazon or Netflix, called "The Fattening of America." Find it and watch. You will find out why grains are part of the food pyramid.

One can eat like a Queen and never be on a diet - your MD should make sure you get 5 y or annual blood work done so one knows there is no other metabolic reason for a slow, rapid consistent weight gain or loss. Know your lipid levels so nothing sneaks up on you.

If you eat processed foods - read the labels carefully - the sodium, fat, and other contents are unbelievable . My fave schtick if the subdivided % of daily requirement - because they don't want the consumer to read:

" ultra high in sodium - that bad stuff for blood pressure" they take 5 chips say 20 grams and use that for a unit and say " contains 40 % of daily requirement per 20 gr rather than an average of how many chips a real person eats.

Try this stuff - check all recipes dot com for Grandma Maggios spaghetti sauce - I don't add the 1/4 cup of sugar and use multigrain pasta with some lean burger - its so easy, so good and so quick it's been the mainstay meal around here for years.

It is very cost effective 1 pot + 1 3/4 lb pack of pasta can last me 3 days , low fat - keeps well - making more today.

Been slim and trim all my life - weigh a bit less now than high school .

Studies show many people will eat off visual cues whereas most svelte persons eat off internal cues, so if one puts donuts , sandwiches etc out at an 11 am break - an added coffee break - silent observations show lower BMI people consume less per person likewise if they are deceived by a clock to say it is lunch time or dinner. In this scenario, many over BMI people will assume one eats when they are told it is lunch but the svelte will follow the internal bodily cues and says no thanks... I am not hungry. Self discipline is your best friend - have to walk by the pastry counter 99/100 times - love to stop and drool but I know I am not in my 20s so monstrous amounts of fat etc so buying is a few times a year.

You can do it by self discipline and consistent behavior - known many who have - asked this Q of a few docs before and most sided with the lowering caloric consumption by healthy eating and regular excercise - with healthy eating the best predictor as most adults are not active like they were in their hey dey.
    Last edited by kellyanne; 11-04-2021 at 02:56 PM.

Try the no carb diet. No cholesterol or saturated fat worries, that was debunked with the 1999 Framingham study results. And you'll never feel hungry on an all protein / fat diet, either. Want a snack? Have a few strips of bacon, very satisfying.

Cholesterol / saturated fat scare busted:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inwfSkSGvQw&

and

https://coconutoil.com/diet_disease/

The reason why doctors still recommend a low cholesterol, low fat diet, is because beyond stopping smoking, they have no other ideas of how to lower the incidence of heart and vascular disease, plus, they've been telling people this now for 70 years, and they don't want to look like they made a mistake. But even the FDA stopped recommending against saturated fats and cholesterol since 2014. Only now, are some starting to see the incidence of heart and vascular disease correlating with chronically elevated blood sugar levels, which, of course, are due to eating large amounts of carbohydrates: Vegetables, grains and fruits, all the things that they have been recommending for those same 70 years, and those just might be what's killing us. Ever wonder why there is no 'minimum daily recommended amount of carbohydrates? Because there is none. We don't need any at all. Our body can manufacture all the glucose it needs, with zero carbohydrate intake at all. OTOH, we CAN'T manufacture certain amino acids and proteins that are necessary for survival needs, so we have to eat foods that contain those. Do we need carbohydrates for energy? Nope; fats are better sources of energy, providing almost twice as much as carbohydrates do. So; proteins and fats; you'll never feel physically hungry, and you'll lose weight.
    Now go and get skinnier; when you reach your weight goal, you can slowly add a bit of carbohydrates until you see yourself gaining weight/fat (carbohydrates are stored as fat, and that's how most of us got fat). Then cut back on carbs again until you find equilibrium in your weight.
    Now go have a nice big juicy steak. And lose weight at the same time. You'll be trim in no time. If you add exercise, you'll see even faster weight loss. Just be careful if you're older, as if you lose weight too fast, your skin may not adjust as well, and you might wind up with loose skin or stretch marks. So if you're older, do it for a few weeks, taper off for a couple to allow your skin to 'shrink', then start again.

Edit; the 1999 Framinham study in entirety including the conclusions, are almost completely gone from the net. All that I could find, were the 'expert interpretation', which oddly contradicts the original conclusions. If you want to read the whole study, you're going to have to go to a medical library somewhere, and hope they haven't discarded them. Apparently, the 'experts' don't like their opinions having any evidence available to contradict them.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 11-04-2021 at 03:36 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Thank you Dominique, I look forward to watching The Fattening of America. Congratulations on your weight loss, I will have to see if Keto can be adjusted for vegetarians.

Thank you Kellyanne, I love your style. We are queens. I will check out the recipe and see if it can be made vegetarian.

Thank you Sometimes Miss, I was on Atkins many years ago and it worked great. I am going to start cutting out as many carbs as I can. I agree that healthy fats are much better than carbs. I am trying to more plant based, whole food. I have already cut out most processed food.

Hugs to all,
    Nicole
    Last edited by Nicolelicd; 11-05-2021 at 08:14 PM.

I agree that healthy fats are much better than carbs.
    Part of the problem, is what is being promoted as 'healthy' fats. As mentioned in the article I linked to, we are still being told to eat what has been discovered isn't exactly 'healthy'.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Dieting has nothing to do with crossdressing. Plenty of non-crossdressers try to lose weight, stick to a diet, etc.

As someone mentioned, the first thing to do is consult with your doctor. Besides that, there is a lot of information about dieting and losing weight on the Internet. I suggest some Internet research.
    Strongly disagree! This was me at Halloween. And, NOTHING motivates me to control me weight better than seeing a shapely woman in my mirror!
    P1600203 (1265x1280).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Shopping is clothes is wonderful if you fit in XS or Size 0/2. Clothes are cut for models and don't always look right when scaled to larger sizes.
    XS/S clothes are the last to sell on the discount rack. I've gotten spoiled cherry picking sales.
    Sometimes I think the dress looks better on me than the model on the web site.

Marion

Sherry,
    You rock girl, this is exactly the kind of motivation I was looking for!

Marion,

Your size is insane, you are blessed.

Hugs,
    Nicole
    Last edited by Nicolelicd; 11-05-2021 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Strongly disagree! This was me at Halloween. And, NOTHING motivates me to control me weight better than seeing a shapely woman in my mirror!
    P1600203 (1265x1280).jpg
    Great job on the Wonder Woman outfit Doc.

I made a salad tonight for dinner and it was amazing. I have been cutting back on carbs and I feel great. 3 pounds are gone and I know the rest are going to be harder. I love this forum, thank you all for the wonderful advice and motivation!!!

Have a great weekend,
    Nicole
    Last edited by Nicolelicd; 11-05-2021 at 08:42 PM.

Thank you Rebecca, I have been cutting way back on carbs and drinking lots of water. I agree about not wanting lose muscle mass. I have been trying to sit for every meal and take my time eating. Also dishing up normal size portions instead of super size. Happy to report about 6 pounds are gone, this forum rocks!
    Last edited by Nicolelicd; 11-08-2021 at 06:07 AM.

One thing that has worked for me, as far as portion control goes, is occasionally I will fast for a whole day and sometimes two days. I won't eat anything but I will drink plenty of fluids, coffee, tea, even beer! The first day of fasting is tough because you are constantly thinking about your stomach. The second day for some reason isn't so bad. On the third day I will resume eating again and I find that it takes much less food to fill me up. Sometimes two meals satisfy me for the day, sometimes one meal.

One other effect it has on me is my body feels "cleaned out", if that makes sense. I may not have lost much weight during that time but I just feel like I was renewed, like I got rid of all the garbage. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone without them first speaking to their doctor about it. But it really does help me get back to realistic portion sizes. Yesterday, I had only one meal after 24 hours of not eating and I was stuffed for the day. Here I am now, 17 hours later and I am thinking of having a bowl of cereal before I head to the doctor's appointment.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Exercise is always part of a healthy lifestyle. As for eating, one restaurant trick is to ask for a take home bag before you way. Then split the meal and only eat half. It's usually more than enough especially with horderves which are also good to avoid. If eating at home, make your plate then put everything else away. I eat way more when it's out on the table. Cutting down on alcohol (if there is any).

Thank you Linda K, I will definitely ask the doc about that. I agree with you on feeling cleaned out, I remember doing something similar many years ago. The only problem I have is when I exercise I feel like I need to have a little fuel in me. I am going for a run today and I will have some fruit first.

Genifer Teal I love that idea of asking for a take home bag and splitting the meal before you eat. I am also going to try putting everything away after I make my plate at home. Thank you!
    Last edited by Nicolelicd; 11-09-2021 at 05:37 AM.

Best thing to do is eat clean and hit the gym. Last year i wanted to lose a few lbs so went on a low carb high protien diet, and it worked so well lost a good 10lbs in a month,

About 7 years ago I switched to a keto diet... I follow Dr William Davis and his book Wheat Belly. Took about a year, losing 1-2 lbs every week... went from 270 lbs to 170 lbs! From a size 20 something to a size 12. And all my nagging little medical and digestive issues disappeared. With the weight gone, exercizing is easier... I bike, run 5k's and swim twice a week. Haven't felt this healthy since my 20's. I'm 60 btw. Highly recommend you look into his program... it did wonders for me!

I?ll add my experience. I follow general low carb / high fat+protein ?diet?. (I don?t really think of it as a diet. Just the way I eat.) I am 5?9? also, and keep my weight around 165. I also do Olympic weight lifting (2 to 3 times a week) and martial arts 1x week (judo right now). That keeps my 165 a tighter slim weight. Helps when fitting into dresses and such.

The real benefit of healthy eating and exercise is how I feel. When I faulter and binge on junk, I feel like crap. And it keeps my complexion clear and smoother.
    Last edited by jessicabf; 11-10-2021 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Adding last comment

Aspiring Member
    Noom. A good system. I lost over 40 lbs in 4 months and have not gained any back for the next 4 months. A balanced method to learn how to eat and live well.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielleCD View Post
    About 7 years ago I switched to a keto diet... I follow Dr William Davis and his book Wheat Belly. Took about a year, losing 1-2 lbs every week... went from 270 lbs to 170 lbs! From a size 20 something to a size 12. And all my nagging little medical and digestive issues disappeared. With the weight gone, exercizing is easier... I bike, run 5k's and swim twice a week. Haven't felt this healthy since my 20's. I'm 60 btw. Highly recommend you look into his program... it did wonders for me!
    Funny how that works, isn't it!

I have a niece that is 6 foot tall and around 300+ pounds. I have been telling her she needs to lose weight, but of course she doesn't. She constantly complains of not feeling well and has a list of medical issues. The latest is bad hip joints. She doesn't get it that if she lost 100+ pounds much of her health issues may go away. She would rather spend time at the doctor's office than doing what she needs to do.

Thank you Simone, the common perception seems to be a lower carb lifestyle. I have added that while enjoying yoga and running. Just weighed in at 174 and I feel great. Hope to lose another 4 pounds in the next 2 weeks or so.

Thank you Danielle, I just started reading the book and I am already sold!

Thank you Jessica, I agree about how you feel after you eat certain foods. If I ever had to walk down a dark alley I would want you next to me. Keep up the good work, you sound like a badass!

Thank you Susan, I have seen there advertisements and I wil look into it some more.

I love this forum!!!

Hugs to all,
    Nicole
    Last edited by Nicolelicd; 11-11-2021 at 05:53 AM.

Start by getting some smaller plates to serve on and, if possible, get someone else to serve your portion. Measure your alcohol and sugary drink intake - give yourself an allowance and stick to it
    I started this about 6 months ago and have lost a KG a month with no problem. Now I don't need the large portions I liked.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Just stop drinking beer.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Thank you Kiwi Primrose, I am serving myself soup now in a smaller bowl!

CarlaWestin,LOL…

Hugs girls,
    Nicole