Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crossdresser wanting to change eating habits

Hi Nicole,

There is some excellent advice in here already like eating healthier, portion control, avoiding sugar/carbs, exercise. I'll just add what has worked for me.

Like you, one of my primary motivations was to "look better in a dress" so to speak. I found it to be a very potent motivator. So at the beginning of 2019 I began intermittent fasting. I usually fast five days a week for 18/20 hours with a small lunch and healthy dinner before 7pm. Over the next nine months I dropped 25 pounds and it has had numerous benefits. I have a better understanding of food in general and focused my eating on healthier foods like leafy green vegetables, nuts for protein, fish, bone broth and healthy fats. I have reduced inflammation, lowered blood sugar and raised my energy levels. For me it definitely worked but I will say that once you commit to it you realize you can never go back to the eating habits you had before or you will gain weight. It's a mental endeavor and it really led me to a totally different mindset and relationship with food.

More research is coming out that shows the benefits (link below) and there are numerous books/videos on the subject. Hopefully you find what works for you and best of luck.
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-2018062914156
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/

Thank you Felicia, I am interested in learning more about intermittent fasting. I am just about to start reading The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung.

Hugs,
    Nicole

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I lost over 40 lbs and kept it off doing a Keto diet.

Wow Majella St Gerard you look amazing! You go girl, congratulations on your accomplishment. I am on my way slowly as I have gone from 180lbs to 173.8lbs. My next goal is 170lbs. I really appreciate all the advice/motivation I have received on this wonderful forum!

Hugs,
    Nicole
    Last edited by Nicolelicd; 12-13-2021 at 06:42 AM.