Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Storage unit for hiding CDing wardrobe

This is so sad that we have to hide who we are.

I'm not sure but I think for most of us, that if we told our wife's (to be) that most of us would still be single.

My wife has dug in every conner of our basement looking for my stash and made a mess and found nothing.

My doctor gave me a shoot for short for covid-19 but said there's no short to cure cross-dressing. LOL
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

A few years ago I decided to 'stand down' and stashed my stuff. I used a sealed storage tote and put it up in the garage where only I would go. At that time all my stuff would fit into one tote. It was well stashed from prying eyes, but not from me. After a month or so I was sneaking out to the garage to retrieve it on a regular basis, until I just went back to my usual hiding tactics. Even now, two decent size totes would hold it all. Some of them allow for locking them shut, which wouldn't prevent a conversation, but would deaden the shock value, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaS View Post
    I found a place that's around $40 month, seems reasonable unless there are hidden fees. Still more than I'd like to spend to just store a couple containers of clothes but considering my alternatives it will have to work for now.
    They will try to sell you insurance. If you have homeowners insurance you're covered and you don't need the insurance. In one storage place that excuse wasn't enough for them. They really wanted to sell the insurance which is about as good as buying undercoating on a car. They made me bring in a copy of my insurance declaration. I did. I'm very stubborn when I set my mind to it.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

First -- I have a "climate-controlled" storage unit and have had one for a number of years. It is just easier than having to hide or explain anything. I change locations from time to time to find better rates/specials. Most of the companies accept cash and I usually pay several months rent at a time to avoid having to run back up there or risk a late fee. Also, most companies use email for communicating since it is easier and cheaper.

Second -- thanks for the "reminder" Angela YVR! I have seen it before and I always smile.
    I am what I am and also what I am not!

Everything I own is in a 10x15 climate controlled storage unit because I've been living out of the country. Not long after I got back, I got a call from them and my unit and 5 others were broken into!

There were quite a few things I was worried about, CD things and other stuff. I've got 3 sets of DressTech silicone hip pads worth about $600. I've got 4-5 silicone breast plates in various sizes, $150-$300 each. And of course 4 huge crates of clothing, wigs, boots, heels and shoes.

When I got there, the scumbag thieves had literally opened every box and every plastic container and dumped it all out in a pile. . All my girly stuff wasn't touched so that was a relief. Neither was about $3000 worth of astronomy equipment. All they took were my 2 55" TVs and some Pelican boxes full of camera equipment. (That one hurt).

I have $2000 of insurance on the unit but making a claim requires a police report and trying to get HPD out there to make a report is an exercise in patience. In the end I just decided to eat it. The TVs were $400 each (TCL Walmart) and it's just not worth my time. They didn't get my Canon camera bodies or my best lenses because those weren't there either.

It was a big cleanup job that I had to do myself because of all the CD stuff there. It sucked but what can you do?
    Last edited by char GG; 11-09-2021 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Talk of weapons is not permitted

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaS View Post
    Wow that really sucks about the TV's and equipment but, at least you didn't lose all those clothes that I assume took you many years and dollars to collect. Did the facility get anything on video the cops could use ?
    They have video, yes. But it's just 2 guys in hoodies, can't make out any details. Living in a big city, the cops could care less about investigating. When I called to report it, they wanted to come out the next week. It's not like they're going to put a detective on the case LOL. That's why I just dropped it. My time is worth more to me than sitting around waiting for the cops to find time to come out, write it up and stick it in a file that will never be opened again.

I used to have my girls cloths in my closet, sort of hiding in plain site. Then i bought a gun safe and presently have my cloths in there. Now after reading a thread on here about what if i died and my cloths was found got me highly considering a climate controlled storage place. I once had a PO box to have cloths sent to used a fake name. I would guess you can get a storage unit under a fake name and pay with cash.

My storage locker is under my real boy name.

My PO box is also under my real name. I've been asked to verify my ID several times.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I'm not hiding my CDing wardrobe but my Wife thought it would be a good idea for me to rent a smalll storage unit to store my alter ego wardrobe as I was beginning to take over the bedroom and loft. I put everything into boxes and labelled them so I know whats in what an now i just keep my prized garments in the house. It's not a climate controlled storage unit so I have to keep my fiingers crossed that nothing get's ruined whilst in there.

Banned Read only
    In my small city of 210,000+ the police department takes reports of these thefts over the telephone or file them on-line. You're given a case number. The best local case of someone not paying the bill occurred several years ago. New wife said screw paying the storage fee and did not. The locker contents was sold at auction unknown to her husband. Bidder found hubby's first wife's body wrapped in plastic. So, you better not keel over and die with a locker full of stuff if you do not want your family to find out. I got a notice of a foreclosure at the facility down the street. Turns out the person used my address. Here, such notices are sent by certified by mail...by law. I keep 24+ Xerox boxes of fem stuffed stacked in our converted garage. Unlike Judy, my wife is scared to snoop around the house for fear of what she will find. It's all "hidden" in plain site.