Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Fun Outfits Really Should Be On All CDs Bucket List ?

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Lacey View Post
    Indeed, a wedding dress with all the trimmings is still on the list although very difficult to justify the cost even if I could find what I really like.
    Thrift store's are stocked with them.

For me a prom dress is a must. I did try one but it didnt fit.
    Or a wedding dress..
    I have tried the maid but i look and feel ridicoulus in it.

I have been thinking of sewing a period outfit like female servants might have wore in the Victorian era.

A near floor length vertically pin-stripped dark blue skirt, with a matching button up closed collared blouse with long puffed-top sleeves with white cuffs, a white bib fronted full length apron and a white bonnet (not a tiara type device).
    And if I am going out, a full length "Duster" in a earth tone. Frequently a black bow-tied ribbon is worn around the collar.
    Also underneath the skirt would be laced up bloomers and white knee high stockings.
    The hard to find item will be the high-topped button up shoes in size 13My Drawing.
    Duster not drawn.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 11-14-2021 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Grammer
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Ballerina , leotard dance class outfits and of course classic French maid.

50's style shirtwaist dress with petticoat

Would love a well fitting wedding dress, a 9 piece French maid: body suit, stockings, skirt, apron garter, cap, 2 sheer epaulettes, 2 wristbands

always, always wanted to be a Wonder Woman, the Vegas Show Girl and Belle dresses sounds wonderful too.

My old GF had a nurse uniform and that would be agreat one too.

I have an understanding GG friend that discussed this topic with me once. And, helped make it happen.

I wanted to wear a wedding dress with train and veil and flowers out in public.

It took took a little long term planning but we did it by purchasing a wedding dress from a Goodwill store. It needed a little adjustment but a seamstress accommodated the adjustment, Complete with corset, garters, gloves, hair styling, heels, makeup, and ALL the trimmings.

My GG friend, cross-dressed opposite of me as my Groom. Again, complete outfit. We went to a local park and took pictures in public.

It was a rush and very satisfying.
    Last edited by KarenCD334; 11-15-2021 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Add picture

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Would love to do justice to the Daisy Duke look!

(That won't happen so I'd settle for her Jeep CJ-7.)

An interesting thread indeed!

Personally, I'd have several items on my list of things I would like to try. As many others have mentioned,k first up would be the wedding dress with ALL of the trimmings. You know... undies, heels, nylons, veil, the whole nine yards. Second would be the bridal wedding night ensemble from days gone by. I'm talking about a two layer chiffon nightgown with a chiffon peignoir to match. Complete that with marabou trimmed slippers and I'd be all set. Of course, I'd add matching granny panties for some modesty.

A dainty ballerina costume complete with tutu, tights and of course, satin ballet slippers would also be somewhere on that list. Another look that I would like to try would be a classic turtleneck sweater with matching tights, a coordinating bias-plaid skirt and some just below the knee boots to complete the outfit.

As to items already checked off, I have tried a couple of different swim dresses in a private pool; that was very satisfying and enjoyable. And... on occasion, I don matching leotards & tights but those are harder to find nowadays as compared to their availability back in the 1980s. I also enjoy wearing different styles of classic babydoll pajamas similar to the ones in my avatar but still look for more of them.

Unfortunately, most of these items are more or less out of reach due to my height & build. I'm just not sure what a ballerina that is well over 6-feet tall with broad shoulders & hips would look like. I can't see that being very dainty at all!

Lacy PJs

Definitely wedding dresses, prom dresses and ball gowns for me. These, especially wedding dresses ooze femininity to me, but they have to be a certain style of dress.

So many of you have mentioned getting to dress as a Bride. I agree on that one but am much more interested in the more feminine dresses that were worn around the 1970s
    1451e37f-07e8-48af-a88b-1b926c418659.jpg f2978718-8aeb-4487-b936-3a67dc9dcc5c.jpg

Fantasy bucket list would be a 2-piece bikini and sunbathe by the hotel pool but there?s many reasons why that is only a fantasy. Realistic bucket list is like many of the gurls here and wedding dress with full ensemble.

I would add ballerina and baby doll to me list.

Jennifer

Jennifer you can get wonderful girlie Tutus in all sizes for about $40 from a website called WISH. And all of my cute Babydoll nighties have been bought on Ebay for about $25

Good Luck

I'm always SO jealous when I see somebody in a big ball gown with a big fluffy underskirt!

If I may add to my earlier post, I'd also include a huge ball gown like Cinderella wore to the ball in the movie from about 4-5 years ago. If that won't work, how about a quinceanera dress?

Dress.jpg

Dress2.jpg

Lacy PJs

One year, I made one for my #2 daughter. it was pink, and it was for her to wear in the ball gown competition in Miss Alabama/Miss America. she didn't win. came into 10h place against 50 ladies.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Definitely a wedding dress and beautiful/romantic/bridal lingerie & sleepwear. Nothing like it.

Maids outfit,okay but not realistic.

Ballerina in a tutu, when I was 20, I could do pointes?

Swimsuits 1 and 2 piece, one is in the photo section long ago.

Square dance outfits and 60s style rock and roll rope skirts, with petticoats underneath.

I also have some nice Cinderella type Ball Gowns, they take up a lot of space.

Wedding dresses, I used to organise charity mock weddings, so have worn lots of wedding dresses.

Oh! I could go on and on. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have some mentioned like maid, nurse, evening gown, prom dress.
    I want some of the ones mentioned like buffy, belle, stewardess, cheerleader, bride kind of if I find one cheap used.
    I want to add quinceanera dress, basically a really over the top wide dress.
    And something of the Japanese lolita fashion, particularly the sweet or gothic styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacy PJs View Post
    Another look that I would like to try would be a classic turtleneck sweater with matching tights, a coordinating bias-plaid skirt and some just below the knee boots to complete the outfit.
    Lacy PJs
    That is one of my favorite outfits that I have assembled, and I can agree, it is one of my favorites!

As far as what I'd love to try is a taffeta prom dress, bustier, garter belt and stockings, and some nice heels. I dont have long hair anymore, and I dont own a wig, but some really nice done-up hair to go with it would be a great addition.

My current at-home comfy outfit is some black leggings and a hoodie. Since its cooler out I add a red wool plaid ankle length skirt. (Currently wearing this combo)
    I just want to be me, and be happy.

I love me some ball gowns. e.g. Prom dress, wedding gowns, quinceanera dresses etc. Nothing else quite feels so feminine and commands attention imo.

This would be oh so much fun!

50s pin up enjoy the view.jpg
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/

first starting out a pencil skirt then LBD. Costume fun French maid later found square dance dresses and petticoats on craigslist, and a lovely wedding dress. Still would love a tutu ballet look.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Brenda Freeman; 11-26-2021 at 01:22 PM.

Mine was a wedding dress and some evening dresses or cocktail dress. And not just to wear but go out in.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN