Thread: what feels like a little win.

what feels like a little win.

I got to have some interesting private conversations with my wife yesterday.

She is ok with me taking dressing to what would be next step, buying a bra.

I have multiple pairs of panties, and as of now the feeling of wearing panties being just a fetish is slowly softening.

We have both been very open and are having what feels like the right talks. Still not sure where or how far all of this new self discovery will go, but she has been very open and accepting so far, even as to offer help with sizing.

Hi WillowHanna,

That is great that you are able to talk about this with your wife.

I did that with mine and it helped immensely. It also helps to remember her needs as well, and not get lost in the "pink fog."

Marion

I think this is very much a win for you WillowHanna - your wife is not only right with you, but in position to grow with you as your persona develops, wherever it may go. A perfect example of what can occur when a person is open with their SO for the earliest stages.

WillowHanna good for you and hope your open discussions remain. I have found that wives can run hot and cold meaning one season they are accepting and helpful but without notice can withdraw or change their support. Every relationship is different but honest communication will give you the best chance.

Platinum Member
    Definitely a win! Now the challenge is to discover where the two of you may be able to go together, and be alert enough to recognize when the common understanding might begin to diverge.

crawl , walk , and only when ready, run GF....
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenCD View Post
    WillowHanna good for you and hope your open discussions remain. I have found that wives can run hot and cold meaning one season they are accepting and helpful but without notice can withdraw or change their support. Every relationship is different but honest communication will give you the best chance.
    Colleen is correct with this. Good luck with everything!
    Crissy

WillowHanna, Sounds like a win to me. As to how far it will go, don't be surprised if she changes her mind.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Baby steps is the best approach. Many, including me, moved too quickly at first and left the wife wondering WTF. The fire hose approach rarely works. Keep the communication going. However, experimentation to find out what addition makes you feel comfortable is also a part of it all. What works is sometimes not what we think will work. If you experience dysphoria spells (pink fog) make sure your wife knows about that. My wife was very negative for the first several years, but now seems to have more understanding and is a bit more supportive. We are all different and we need to adjust slowly. It is a lot to deal with.

As suggested here I’ve found some people on YouTube that talk about the TG spectrum. Some address your partner as well. I’ve shared some with a GF and she found it very helpful as well.

Just another 'Gurl'
    Certainly sounds like a win.
    Just another man in a dress

Banned Read only
    It nice that you and your wife are taking this journey together. However, as many have suggested a wife can flip from acceptance to non-acceptance like a light switch. That the fact your wife is supportive of you buying a bra is encouraging. That article of clothing hit a brick wall with my wife. Perhaps, you and your wife can shop for a bra and panty set together. I may be jumping the gun, but, if she in onboard with a bra and panty I would suggest adding either a full nylon slip or nylon nightgown. The sensual feel of a nylon panty and nylon slip or nightgown is stimulating.

Wearing the clothing is one thing. Going further with a transformation; wig and makeup may be another thing. Oy attired in bra and panty still has the outward appearance of "her man." Get into looking too much like a woman may signal to her that she may be losing her man. This "creeping along" may be encouraging to you, but, also ending up discouraging to your wife. I hope it works out for both of you.

Thanks Everyone for the wise words. I'm still very unsure how far I even want to go. We have been looking at bras online and she still seems very ok with getting matching set. It's an on-going and open discussion as to what the next step will be. I don't know if I'll even go beyond under-dressing, but i do like the way panties make me feel, and my wife is ok with that.

I think what helps is that she is Bi-sexual and very open and understanding with everything. Through-out our relationship she has been very much about having open and honest conversations.

For me being open about anything is something that has taken a few years to achive. I'm naturally a very closed off person, but I've been getting better about it all.