Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to do?!

In my experience even the best people will only be able to keep a secret if they have strong personal motivation to do so. Otherwise it accidentally leaks out. Make sure there is a good reason for imposing the burden of a secret on her. ?.vale

Saralin, I guess I don't see the point in telling her. She lives 1,000 miles away so it isn't like she will just pop in. I don't see what benefit there is in telling her other than the gender issues and they can be discussed without revealing everything.

My wife is not pushing very hard. If I say no she will be fine with it. I guess I need to talk to her and have more discussion and dig a little deeper into why she thinks it is a good idea.
    Last edited by Pumped; 11-13-2021 at 12:15 AM.

Might start getting better Christmas gifts from her if she knew? And no more ties on Fathers Day!!

Silver Member
    Don't. There is no practical reason to burden her with it. If she isn't going to find out accidentally there really is no point. Finding out her father is a crossdresser is not going to improve her life in any tangible way, but it might upset her. She could also tell others in your family.

Today I was able to take a few minutes to visit with my wife about the situation. I asked her why she felt it was important and she just thought it might bring my daughter and I closer together.

My daughter and I had a talk earlier this year about possibly having a slight bit of autism and she said she felt the same way. She thought it was crazy that I did route sales for a few years and I let her know that I was terrified to go into a new account but I would get up the nerve to do it. Being on the road for ten years was possibly that hardest mental thing I have ever done. Going in a dealing with customers would make me ill. Many times I wold drive by a customer's place of business and drive right by. I would stop and park and sit in the truck for a few minutes until I felt like I could breathe again. After a few times in seeing the same person the anxiety would drop to an uncomfortable, but doable level. It never did get easy for me.

Well, enough of that! I told my wife I felt like we could bring up gender issues and not reveal the CD'ing. I know my daughter went through some hard times in her teens where she said she felt like she should have been male. I often feel like I should have been female and looking back at my childhood it was always there. My wife was thinking we could have a good talk over it.

Oh, I did share my concerns of sharing too much and letting the cat out of the bag and having other people find out and told my wife I was not ready for that. She understands completely.
    Last edited by Pumped; 11-14-2021 at 01:02 AM.

depends on your relationship and her maturity.
    I told my girls when they were in their mid teens.
    All of them had special friends, who identified as females and even joined in when the girls had sleep overs.

Funny enough, I like how honest our relations are, yet I don't feel the need to share about my heart problems (they panic every time I go for an ECG)
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Aspiring Member
    Bssed on what i think ur cd situation is, I wouldn't tell her. Certain things kids dont need to know. And unintended consequences could be bad for her