Mind one more late Halloween post?
I read the comments before Halloween about the pros and cons of dressing up in costume for work, and decided to go for it. I went to work decked out as Cruella. I found a truly bad wig at one store, got the main costume from a party store, then paired them with my own burgundy skirt and black high-heeled boots. I wore my own bra but instead of my breast forms I used pantyhose filled with birdseed. I used a combination of my own makeup and costume makeup from the store.
Everyone at work loved the getup (I ended up winning the best costume contest). Most people wanted to know if my feet hurt (they didn't). I did get one comment about how well I walked in heels.
Now the question is ... what's next?
I'd love to go out in public again, but I've got a looooong way to go before that happens. Even thought I was a female character, I really wasn't trying to be female (that's one of the things I read beforehand - don't try to be too perfect if you don't want to be made). I didn't change my walk or voice and my makeup was so-so.
Still, it was a thrill dressing up and I had more fun at work that day than I've had in a long time.
Thanks for letting me share.