Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preparing first time outside the house

Preparing first time outside the house

Hi girls and ladies...

Big moment will come in a few days... if I can find the courage. I will have some complete free days in the next weeks till chrismas to do it, and some other days, the lunch time (02h00).
    I'm preparing my first time out tottally dressed.
    I've brought some new clothes for this great occasion : skirt, sweater, pantyhose, boots... I've made a complete outfit that seems very confortable as I've tried it recently. I love the style all the new outfit gives me.
    I also buy a handbag to carry all my stuff !
    I'll put some make up and I hope my $10 wig will do the job.
    I've also prepared a small program of things to do.

In fact I'm as scared as impatient to experiment this.

My biggest problem right now is how to try to put some more feminine side in my voice, even if I will only have to say 3 or 4 words in the shopping mall.

Banned Read only
    Fantastic. Voice tip: speak softly and slowly. Anything beyond that without significant practice will sound forced. You aren't trying to fool anyone and you aren't going to fool anyone. Soft and slow. Have a great time!

Patty - you've put together a great look, and it appears you are ready to take this big step. I think Monica's advice is spot on, and I will also be following it in the weeks to come - I'm right behind you.
    Confidence is also key - and smile....enjoy this memorable experience.

Been there..done that. You?re ready. You?ve planned your outing, now enjoy your plan. The first time is the toughest, it was for me, but by my third venture?much easier. Have a great time. Hope you give us a review of your experience.

Thanks for the support. I will noticied when it was done and if I can post some pics, I will.

If you are worried about how your voice sounds, I would suggest you watch a couple of Heidi Phoxx videos on YouTube. She talks in quite a few of them and could be a good example to practice your voice. Love that outfit by the way!

The first step is the hardest. Don't worry about your voice, you probably won't to do much talking on your first time out anyway. If you do people tend to hear what they see. It will be a great harmless thrill so enjoy it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Banned Read only
    You look great!

Just remember to stay safe, avoid lonely / dark areas, etc.

are masks still mandatory in your area? the muffling might help "disguise" your voice. just go for soft sounds instead of high pitch and you should be fine

good luck!

Very nice pictures

Patty, some great advice here. You have a very nice attractive womanly look — as Kris suggested, SMILE. Not a crazy grin, just a smile to soften the lines on your face and make your presentation more presentable and friendly. When a woman smiles it softens others and they respond accordingly.

Good luck and keep us informed how your outing(s) go.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Yesss......relax, smile, leave your nervous notions in the car, be confident; most of all have fun. Really- no one carries pitch forks and torches these days. you will have fun and then start looking forward to the next time ...... great outfit and you look very femm .........................Debra

So pretty! I just ADORE your sweater!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Just one warning, Patty. I think u look marvelous!

But, unless middle aged women wear skirts like that out shopping where u live? I think you're going to attract a lot of attention!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Patty_cd View Post
    Hi girls and ladies...

Big moment will come in a few days... if I can find the courage.

In fact I'm as scared as impatient to experiment this.
    Think positive. I will find the courage.

Scared and impatient sound like the right mix of emotions.

I don't know how old you are, but you look quite cute.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

To reply to many many many questions and thoughts :
    I'm 47 old
    We still wear masks here only inside or in presence of many people if outside : that's not a problem now for me, it gives more time to make a better make up to hide a fresh shave ans look prettier.
    And yes I feel a little nervous so .. smiling on those pics was tottaly forgotten... but not forbidden. in fact there were not supposed to be posted, only for me but I realised that it could help me if I showed you.
    I think my wig can make it but I probably will buy a new one.
    I can wear those kinds of skirts. I'm pretty proud of my legs I have to admit, so I'm ready to show them. But it's the shortest skirt I will accept to wear in public.
    I've chossen a skin pantyhose but I also got a black one : mabye I need to try it just to see the difference.

And many many many thanks for all the support en advices.

Patty, looking at your pictures you're as ready as anyone on this site ever was and you should (WILL!) have a great time. The only advice I can think of would be to slow down everything as I know I tend to hurry through everything when dressed, and smile, you're having a great time!

Look around you as you walk in, maybe try a large mall store as they usually have exits on a few sides and you can plan your first pass as "in this door and right over to the next exit" but be sure to check in the mirrors to notice that no one is looking twice or following you! If you think you need a crutch, go to a store such as Target or Kohls and get a cart, plop your bag in the child seat and tell yourself you have to do just one lap, if it is going well you might take a second lap and stop in a few sections but the first lap should be about 2 minutes, what could possibly go wrong?

The short answer is that you will have an awesome time, maybe take a moment to go back to your car to get your heartbeat back into double digits but you will have made a huge step on your journey.

hello, lots of truth has been given....your wig looks better than a $10 piece, you seem cute enough to get away with a skirt....black hose may be better....remember its not if but when you will get clocked....just be ready for it and smile, i get out once a week, work retail....i dont do the voice thing and my female name is just a version of my male one....i think i get it close enough to have peeps take a second look but as soon as i open my mouth its game over....just own it, when i see folks that i dont want to deal with i just look at my phone and wander into another part of the store....and smile....its a girls super power.....have fun....
    Last edited by mykell; 11-11-2021 at 08:02 AM.
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

They say plan your work,work your plan

Just another 'Gurl'
    Take your time and don't try too hard at faking a fem. voice. When I went out dressed I just spoke in my regular guy voice. I even walked like a guy. However, I always had a great time and people were awesome. Especially in New York City.
    Have fun and looking forward to hearing about your experience.
    Just another man in a dress

Patty, one last thing, nails and jewelry as finishing touches might just make you believe how passable you already are.

Good luck!

I didn't think about it at first, but jewelry will make a nice finishing touch. You should be able to fine some beaded bracelets or a set of bangles at Pennys. I also wear my boy wedding ring and a CV ring that looks like an engagement ring. Not that anyone will really take notice, but if some guy hits on you, just hold up your hand and flash your engagement ring.

I wouldn't expect to be hit on, but it could happen. I've been hit on by both men and women, but more women than men surprisingly. Have a response ready, like "I'm not that kind of girl."
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 11-11-2021 at 03:51 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Lots of good advice. The jewelry is a good idea; necklace is easy. I got clip on earrings and really love the feel of them dangling. You look really good. You might just try looking more pleased (I know it turns out grim when doing self pictures).

There seem to be two schools of thought on going out for the first time: slow and easy vs let-her-rip. Maybe think of it like when you first get in the water for swimming. You wade out slowly to get used to the water, but eventually you just immerse and go with it. Like it was suggested, I'd take a drive first If you feel extra nervous, stop at a park or far out in a parking lot and just get out of the car and walk around it, maybe look at your reflection in the windows. Let your confidence build. You look good enough to be quite confident.

Above all, enjoy yourself.

Good luck, have fun and smile lol

Patty, You look great. Good luck out in the wild.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    But, unless middle aged women wear skirts like that out shopping where u live? I think you're going to attract a lot of attention!
    Unless one is positive that enough GG's where you'll be are wearing skirts/dresses/hose/boots/heels?

I'd stay away from wearing those.

While I understand the allure? I'm not a fan of doing that personally, nor am I an advocate of others doing so. Particularly for a 1st-timer.

Why? Because not only what Sherry said, but also due to the self-conscious factor.

A natal male wearing a skirt (or dress) in the Western world, is past the point of no-return, in terms of public perception. You've officially put yourself out there on display in this little temporary universe, crossing that divide. IOW? There are no "man-skirts" or "man-dresses."
    Then when one adds in the extras, like hose/boots/heels? You just went above & beyond!

Again, unless one is certain that enough GG's there will be dressed similarly? I'd have a 2nd outfit in mind.

Not trying to dissuade anyone. Heck, wear what you want. Just keep in mind that additional yet otherwise avoidable attention (and subsequently, scrutiny) will probably be coming your way, whether you realize it or not. And this may ramp up your feeling self-conscious -- which may already be present.

Personally, I'd rather just go about my business, like any other person expects to.

Anyway, I'd be a hypocrite if I said *not* to go out en-femme in a skirt/dress/hose/boots/heels. I've done that plenty of times in the past!

But I also speak from first-hand experience, as well as personal & social observation.

These days, on the rare occasion I venture out in public en-femme into a basic, vanilla everyday environment? I stick with leggings (as stand-alone pants) or skinny-jeans, something along that nature. Plus, footwear that doesn't attract much visual or auditory attention.

That way, I feel much more comfortable & at ease, blending into the background & with typical GG's you may see under those circumstances, as much as possible. Plus, getting clocked ain't as bad, IMO, as seeing a natal male wearing some sort of pants is nowhere near as "jarring" as one in a skirt/dress. Hence, public acceptance greatly improves.

Anyway, just one person's opinion. Have fun, and good luck whatever you do!
    Last edited by ellbee; 11-11-2021 at 08:23 AM.