Thread: Storytime: Caught! With a Good Ending

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Storytime: Caught! With a Good Ending

I would like to take this opportunity to sing the praises of my wife, and to provide an example of the possibilities and benefits of full disclosure.

To make a long backstory short, I gave in to essentially lifelong suppression and began crossdressing in earnest this past summer. Secretive at first, it lasted just a few weeks when I came out to my wife of 40 years. She was surprised to say the least, but appreciative of my honesty and that I did not try to hide. She had just one stipulation, that she not see me dressed, saying that the image would be difficult to take after having known me for so long, not that it was wrong, distasteful or perverted, just unsettling. I understood and understand, and complied. All dressing has been done while she was out of the house.

Fast forward to this past weekend. My wife is grocery shopping, I have a new wig and outfit, so I try them on in our living room. I?m fully dressed, but no makeup. She comes home from shopping very early, and there I am in the middle of the living room, fully dressed, essentially, albeit accidentally violating her one condition. What does she do? She focuses on the wig ? tells me how beautiful it is, and what a good choice I?d made?nothing else. I get changed and bring in the groceries as is our arrangement, and nothing more was said. After all was put away, she asked if she could try on the wig, she does. She looked incredible, and she gave me some pointers on how I could make it look its, and by extension my, best.

As our conversation continued at dinner, she said she noticed I was not wearing makeup. I explained I was having trouble in that area. She offered her help ? a tutorial she called it. I gladly, even gleefully, accepted. I had that tutorial yesterday, and now I am doing much better. She seemed to be having as much fun as I was and I was having a lot of fun! It appears that over the few weeks since coming out, she has warmed to the idea that I am doing this, and it is OK. I have not burned my man card and its still me. Just a few weeks ago, I fantasized that this would happen, and now it has. I am over the moon with joy. I did not mess everything up and compromise our 41 year relationship by underestimating her and trying to hide. For once I did something right. I am not going to push her for more, although the temptation was surely there. When she is ready, perhaps she will participate even more actively, I will dress at home when she is there, perhaps shop in the community en femme, things like that. I will not press the issue, but rather be thankful for what we have. I am still accepted, still her guy.

God I love that woman!
    Last edited by Kris Burton; 11-11-2021 at 08:41 AM.