Thread: Is having a Dress Fitting or Hem Adjustment done by a Gal a Fun Gal Experience

Is having a Dress Fitting or Hem Adjustment done by a Gal a Fun Gal Experience

I have always thought having a conversation with a gal as she adjusts my hem or maybe the hem of her dress as I am wearing it would be a Great fun Experience ! I imagine she would be telling me how darling I look in the dress and there would be fun banter !

Well does the fantasy come close to the reality for those that have done it ?

The last and only time I talked to someone while they adjusted a hem it was my Granma and I was about six.

I just did this 2 weeks ago for the first time. I went to a local seamstress to have 3 sweaters taken up and in. I wore a skirt and pretty top for the occasion. The lady, who was a co-owner, was very professional and pleasant. While trying on and having them pinned, the lady gave good advice on how the sweaters could be altered. We didn't share a lot of girly banter, though it felt great to have that experience. Making slight turns in front of the 3-way mirrors, pinning and adjusting, talking about feminine figure and outfits, all while feeling accepted.

Equally more exciting is finally (hopefully) getting to wear my sweaters soon. I bought them last year and never wore them because they looked too frumpy. They are scheduled for pickup this Tuesday.

Robbie, I have had a skirt taken in at the waist once at my local tailor. The tailor is a Korean women and there was no banter. It was all business.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".