Thread: Storytime: Caught! With a Good Ending

Storytime: Caught! With a Good Ending

I would like to take this opportunity to sing the praises of my wife, and to provide an example of the possibilities and benefits of full disclosure.

To make a long backstory short, I gave in to essentially lifelong suppression and began crossdressing in earnest this past summer. Secretive at first, it lasted just a few weeks when I came out to my wife of 40 years. She was surprised to say the least, but appreciative of my honesty and that I did not try to hide. She had just one stipulation, that she not see me dressed, saying that the image would be difficult to take after having known me for so long, not that it was wrong, distasteful or perverted, just unsettling. I understood and understand, and complied. All dressing has been done while she was out of the house.

Fast forward to this past weekend. My wife is grocery shopping, I have a new wig and outfit, so I try them on in our living room. I?m fully dressed, but no makeup. She comes home from shopping very early, and there I am in the middle of the living room, fully dressed, essentially, albeit accidentally violating her one condition. What does she do? She focuses on the wig ? tells me how beautiful it is, and what a good choice I?d made?nothing else. I get changed and bring in the groceries as is our arrangement, and nothing more was said. After all was put away, she asked if she could try on the wig, she does. She looked incredible, and she gave me some pointers on how I could make it look its, and by extension my, best.

As our conversation continued at dinner, she said she noticed I was not wearing makeup. I explained I was having trouble in that area. She offered her help ? a tutorial she called it. I gladly, even gleefully, accepted. I had that tutorial yesterday, and now I am doing much better. She seemed to be having as much fun as I was and I was having a lot of fun! It appears that over the few weeks since coming out, she has warmed to the idea that I am doing this, and it is OK. I have not burned my man card and its still me. Just a few weeks ago, I fantasized that this would happen, and now it has. I am over the moon with joy. I did not mess everything up and compromise our 41 year relationship by underestimating her and trying to hide. For once I did something right. I am not going to push her for more, although the temptation was surely there. When she is ready, perhaps she will participate even more actively, I will dress at home when she is there, perhaps shop in the community en femme, things like that. I will not press the issue, but rather be thankful for what we have. I am still accepted, still her guy.

God I love that woman!
    Last edited by Kris Burton; 11-11-2021 at 08:41 AM.

Platinum Member
    You're very fortunate. Hope your journey continues on a positive note. Hold up your part of the agreement and perhaps Kris will be able to flourish.

Platinum Member
    So far, so very good! You are lucky, as you already know. Enjoy whatever of these special moments your wife is willing to share with you!

Glad there was a happy ending - you have a great wife

That?s brilliant Kris. You are very lucky to have such a kind and understanding wife.

glad there was a happy ending to it. continue being you but do not push the limits, essentially follow her lead on this

I'm so happy for you. It sounds so wonderful.

However, in my case, I would likely get to find out if my wife has the divorce lawyer on speed dial.

My wife know that I crossdress, but that's as much as she wants to know. She doesn't know anything about hat I wear, including clothes, makeup, wigs or jewelry. Seeing me dressed is one of my boundaries also. As your wife said, she would never be able to unsee it
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Kris, wow, that must have been awesome! No stopping you now and I can't wait to hear what is next. You have some idea as to how lucky you are, probably among the 2% of CD's to have such positive experiences so close to home.

Kris, What a wonderful story of acceptance.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Take it steady with her. If she actually enjoys helping with your makeup that will help enormously if you want to go out dressed in public.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Wow, Kris!

I'm still trying to get past the "40 years of marriage"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Kris I hope your one of the lucky one's, and your wife continues her support.

I am always happy to these good news stories. Best wishes to you and your wife.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Aspiring Member
    Kris,

Wonderful story of acceptance by your wife. She is special! The world needs more open-minded spouses like her.

Kris, you are very fortunate. A perfect compromise based on caring and respecting each other - love. The "I don't want to see you because I can't unsee you" reaction is very common. I suspect my wife might have been searching her phone for divorce attorneys. Well, maybe not. She would more likely have just become very quiet which is what she does when she is fuming.

Just be careful to not push the envelope too hard. Wives do have a habit of changing their minds. And telling you in no uncertain terms that they have changed their mind.

I am very glad your wife is taking everything in stride. I will tell you, from experience, take baby steps. She may suddenly go to DADT.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue