Thread: Feeling better

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar

Feeling better

I was having a really crappy morning. I was planning on getting fully dressed and made up today anyway (the first time in quite awhile) so I went ahead and did it even though I?m down in the dumps. Now that I did my makeup and got dressed I feel so much better. I can?t post a picture but it feels so good to have a little Joanne time.

That?s great Joanne. I also find that dressing picks me up when I am down . It is a calming relaxing experience.It is pure escapism. I find we spend a lot of our lives pleasing everybody but ourselves.I look forward to the next opportunity.

I notice a strong correlation b/w a lack of of crossdressing and my grumpiness. It was a mystery for years.

As a person who is always upbeat - I noticed a periodic and odd irritability - it took many years to put 2 + 2 together and see it was from not dressing and as you describe it dissolves rapidly after dressing.

For me , sleeping in a nice long black nightie and panties keeps that grump at bay and I supplement with the regular dressing and always feel prettier in full make up and regalia.

I wish I could wear perfumes every day - have to settle for Olay ribbons.

I've heard it said that there's nothing like a nice dress to make a girl feel better. I've had occasions where I felt like I was almost forcing myself to dress up to take advantage of a situation, but really felt into it once I did. Good for you.

Dressing is my safety-valve, I get so grumpy if I'm unable to do so for long periods. I need the release every so often, just some quiet time where I can be my alter ego.

Joanne, dressing picks up my spirits as well. Good for you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Joanne:

My wife has on many occasions told me that I needed to take some Rhonda time because she noticed I was: depressed, moody, grumpy, boorish, snapping at her, distant, irritating, seemed irritated, or seemed lost, etc. She wisely knew that it would only take a little Rhonda to get me centered and back to being her hubby and best friend. She has great wisdom.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Platinum Member
    A psychologist told me that often one can act onself into thinking, but not think oneself into acting.

I've noticed the spirit raising qualities of CD. I can't say I've turned to CD deliberately to raise my spirit, but it has that effect. Maybe best of all, it is long lasting, often for hours after dressing up. I usually feel so good when dressed its hard to change back, but the feeling remains even after I do.