Thread: Aren't folks nice

Aren't folks nice

Doing the out and aboutery thing today I decided to have a nice lunch at a small country hotel/pub.

Walked in and the usual sign, "Please wait to be seated". Here in Wales some covid restrictions are still in place and despite 4 empty tables within immediate sight the waitress asking if I'd booked, which I hadn't, um'ed for a moment but then said, "Doesn't matter, take that table there if that suits you".

People in small groups then followed me in, two's, four's, those with no booking turned away or told there was a 30 minute wait. Being sat at a table for four I offered, should a smaller table be free, I'd be happy to move but I was told I was fine.

Starter, pigs in blankets with Yorkshire pudding and gravy, main; grilled sea bass with saut? potatoes. All very nice.

Time to pay the bill so a tip was naturally added and then before leaving, and this is the whole point of this tale, I asked where are toilets please?

"Passed the bar, turn left", and she could have left it there but continued "ladies first door on your right". That warmed my heart.

It's those little kindnesses, those acknowledgements of how we hope to be treated that can make your day.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Aspiring Member
    Hi Helen
    It sounds like an nice affirming story. Well done. I like Wales.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Helen, What can I say other than "you absolutely nailed it"
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Gold Member
    That was a perfect day to remember.

Pigs in the Blanket AND Seabass, blimey, Bobs your Uncle!!!!... *giggle*
    You blighty birds sure have a one off way to have lunch, sounds like it was Aces!
    Oh don't mind me, I'm just a nutter and having fun with a little Old English slang....
    As your experience really reminds me of visitng Portsmith back in the day.
    So glad you had a nice lunch....and thanks for sharing, sounds like your enjoying your trip!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Helen, that's wonderful.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Little story ; big emotion.
    That's how life can be so sweet sometimes.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    You're "special", Helen!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'd settle for Yorkshire pudding with gravy and a scoop of mushy peas (okay, extra nice with chips) not sure why your in Wales, as the saying goes "If it's not in Yorkshire, it's not worth visiting"

Glad you had a nice outing
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Rachel,

Helen's 7 day 24/7 enfemme holiday is what brings me to North Wales. A different adventure every day.

Thing is, I now realise I've done this that much that I'm now totally relaxed in being out and about and it's become my alternative normal.

Head up, walk with confidence and sally forth.

Hey, that's a good name for someone joining here, Sally Forth!

Helen,

I sounds as if you are having a lovely time on holiday. You have certainly attained that confidence level so many dressers can only imagine.

I am kind of curious though. I was thinking you are not out to family, so how do you pull off going on a holiday for a week? That?s a trick I need to learn ; )

Sandi