Hi

Since my early teens I've always had my hair cut short on top and shaved on the sides and back and until recently I've never give any thought to growing it long.

As a crossdresser, sometimes wearing clothes just doesn't relieve the itch enough for me and I find myself trying other things to make myself feel more feminine.

Such things include shaving my legs, removing my body hair and getting my ears pierced. I have had my nostril pierced with a tiny silver stud twice and was once even brave enough to get a navel piercing which sadly rejected. I've found myself venturing out to a beauty salon to have my toenails minxed and my eyebrows tinted and waxed and I've even had a consultation to find the right foundation colour for my skin with a Beautician.

The one thing I want more than anything else at the moment is long hair, not 'long' long but at least just below neck length. I find myself looking at womens hairstyles more and more lately and I'm now on a mission to get it long. Hopefully once I get it to just past neck length I'll be brave enough to get it styled in such a way that I can be happy when either in 'bob' mode or when dressed as my alter ego.

I've attempted growing it long twice before in the last few years but buckled when it got to the awkward stage and had it cut short but last time I had it cut I immediately regretted it.

I have a good head of thick hair but due to being in my late forties I have a lot of grey hair on the sides so as part of keeping it looking more tidy whilst growing it long I bit the bullet and dyed my hair. My choice of dye was Schwarzkopf LIVE Dusty Silver which has toned down the grey and made my hair colour a lot more even all over.

Despite being fairly shy, I can be quite thick skinned when it comes to dealing with negative comments as I know if I'm to succeed in what I wan't to achieve I have to be brave enough to brush aside those comments. Having said that, at times I do look at myself in the mirror and question my sanity, especially when my feminine side forces me to do these things.

For me I feel it's now a case of 'last chance saloon' with regards to growing my hair long as sooner or later I'm going to be too old to have it long.

Does anybody else share these feelings and have you had similar impulses?

Does anybody have any tips or advice for growing your hair long?

If you grew your hair long, where you brave enough to ask for a more feminine style and if so what did you ask for?

Thanks

Lotte