Thread: In my element

In my element

I have gotten where I just love traveling and hanging out with people in bars across the country. Tonight, I am sitting with a couple of young lesbian women at the Lipstick Lounge in Nashville TN. They are very accepting of me and I just love socializing while dressed. I just can not stop as it is where I belong.

Sandi

Sandi, awesome to hear as so many of us never come close to finding where we belong!

Well thank you Jamie. I just got an unsolicited compliment from a young woman who loves my Lilly Lashes. I just can not get enough of this. It is incredibly addictive.

Sandi

Did you buy them at Sephora? I hope to make my first trip to a Sephora (or MAC or any makeup store!) next week and am planning on bringing as much cash as I can safely travel with!

I went to a Target a few months back, having the register girl smile and talk with me was so awesome, just wish I had done all this so long ago!

Jamie

Careful if you're drinking, no matter how good a night you're having getting arrested can be a downer.

Sandi,I go to my local Blackpool the heart and centre of uk dressers, safe hell, anyway I was sat on my own dressed minding my own business, wow, these lesbian girls took me in there group, wow, the end, they loved me, looked after me, and one kissed me , so passionantely, I died !!!!, She actually said I want youto be my girl !!!

Sandi, I know what you mean sister, there is nothing like mingling the tasteful lounge where people are curious and friendly.
    If I wasn't so involved with being husband first, I too would be at Big Shots Piano Bar, Club Krave, Foxes at the Hilton, or Club Icon.
    It is pretty special when you can let your inner self glow, be seen, and chatted up as just one of the girls!
    Have fun as I am green with envy!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Going dressed in a bar and have a simple conversation with other people... What a dream for me.I'm tottaly jealous...

I have many CD fantasies - you are living out one of them!

Sandi, I know a few lesbians who don't know about Jamie and they are all TERFs. I'm glad you had a positive experience.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    Interesting dichotomy of experiences with lesbians. My conversations with lesbians have often been lengthy and almost without exception positive and encouraging, really.

What an awesome experience to have!!! I am heading to Nashville soon myself and was looking into some clubs that are CD friendly. Some of the Google results seemed a bit dated as far as reviews and acceptance go...I will add this one to my list. Cheers!

I?m very happy for you having these experiences. You are always so striking. I envy you. Our community is just not conducive to my/our going out, which I do, anyway. The whole world of CDing is definitely addictive. No complaints, mind you.

Thanks everyone - here is an update. I have been offline a bit since I am traveling now. I had a nice time there last night. I ended up talking to several people. It is a small club but nice and cozy. They had some live singing/guitar playing by a couple of locals who were quite good and everyone had a good time. I got to the hotel pretty late so I just fell asleep with my makeup and false eyelashes still on, The only thing messed up really was my lipstick when I woke up. So I figured, what the heck. Got dressed up and went to a Cracker Barrel to get some breakfast before getting cleaned up, and I was pretty dressed up for breakfast. As soon as I sat down, a woman comes over to me and asks if I wanted to join her and her girlfriend at their table. What a hoot. We talked about all kinds of stuff. And she gives me her cell and said if I was ever back in town to give her a call and the three of us could go out. She wanted me to do her makeup. I laughed and said , no that?s a bad idea. I probably won?t take her up on it, but it was really kind.

Every time I get it in my head the thought of ? what the heck are you doing Sandi?, something like this happens and it just keeps me going for it. Great fun. Great memories.

Sandi

Platinum Member
    I know that, what the heck are you doing, feeling?but like you, I have some very wonderful memories from venturing out into the world, meeting kind and accepting people and wanting more experiences of the kind.

You go girl!

Unless you venture out, you'll never know what can happen.

Four years ago, I wanted/needed my nails done for a train trip to Chicago. Michelle, my nail tech (now owner of her own salon and spa) and I hit it off and we're still friends now. Two weeks ago we spent Halloween together and tomorrow we're meeting for drinks at her favorite bar, where she introduces me to everyone she knows.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

Hmmm.... You are a human being, so of course you should be accepted! We all must be visible or nothing changes and it is changing!

Well done!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Your posts r terrific, Sandi! There r so many trans out there that have no idea what they're missing!

Sure, u could go shopping dressed. But, going to T friendly clubs and bars is WAY much more fun! U don't even have to drink or socialize. Just get out there, be yourself, and people will come to u!

Then, after awhile I've found even straight bars and clubs have friendly women, and a few men, who will mix with u. Wanting nothing other than to chat, dance, and have fun!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sandi, I wonder if it is possible that you have too much fun? Nah, nope, absolutely not! I love to read about your adventures
    Crissy

Thanks so much for the kind words everyone.

Doc, it is so true that many do not realize what they are missing. It is amazing out there.

Sandi

I suggest that you go out to any social venue where there is a mixed crowd. You will be amazed at the number of people who go out of their way to interact with you. It is so joyful to have fun with such accepting people whose numbers are more than one might think. Enjoy life!

When I was in the military, I travelled all over the world and met some very interesting people. All were very nice, accepting, and open, even in Saudi Arabia! This is really wonderful what you are doing and I believe it will be something you will regale forever. You are building some wonderful memories! Keep going and have lots of fun!!! Keep us updated as you go too.

You look happy and at peace. That makes us happy for you

Sandi, social interaction is what it is all about.
    Keep up the good work.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.