Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seasonal job at Torrid

I'm in Pennsylvania. Problem is there are no stores like that nearby. I'd have to drive 45 min or more just to get there and that makes the p/t aspect unworkable. I'd spend more in gas than it's worth.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My local Soma included me on the email they to clients that stated, We know you love our products. Would like a seasonal position that offers a 40% discount with flexible work hours?
    It would have been nice to pursue this. The manager had commented several times that I know at least as much as she does about their intimates.

Awesome getting a job like that.
    The acceptance of transgendered people in the workforce is growing all the time.
    I have dealt with a girl that works for Costco on their reception desk, she had the collywobbles for a few days and then grew into the job.

I worked as a waitress for a coffee lounge called the Birdcage when I was twenty, it was only on Sundays and there were three other girls like me.
    We had a great time but were careful as laws were very restrictive way back then.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Billie View Post
    I'm not ready to put photos on the internet, I know that sounds strange, but I do add photos of my fingernails.
    Would you be willing to take a photo of the outfit you wore without you in the photo? If not that?s ok, I?m just curious about the outfit.

Just another 'Gurl'
    What a great day. Sounds like a really fun opportunity. I am sure you will be busy over the holiday period.
    Just another man in a dress

I would try it if my life was completely different than it is now.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Had a job all lined up at the Dress Barn. Wife told me I couldn't take it. Knowing I would go in and dress up there plus I would buy more things than I could wear.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Congrats on the job and having the nerve to do it. Have fun and try to control the spending.

Billie, that is absolutely wonderful!
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

Thats amazing! I want that so bad! One they i will build up the courage

I am really envious-- it would be impractical for me to do that, but I love being out in public, and to be accepted like that day after day would be wonderful. Cherish the memories.

I applied to Ascenia (the corporate parent of Dress Barn, Lane Bryant, Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft. I got a FtF interview at Lane Bryant and got a job offer. See Post#19 for more details.

The Ascenia job application is very gender-variant friendly (or was, at least a couple of years ago when I applied). It had a place for your legal name and for your preferred name. I made it very clear during the phone screen that I was TG. I was even told that I could present gender fluid, female some of the time and male the rest of the time. I was so excited, except the pay and hours were both exceptionally low. My wife shot it down big time. I was so bummed out.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.