A few weeks ago I was shopping (dressed) at a Torrid I'd been a shopping at for a couple of years and was asked if I would be interested in working through the holidays. I was a little surprised and replied I didn't know, so she threw a flier in the bag that said how to apply online. I thought about it over the weekend and after mentioning it to my wife decided it might be fun and a good excuse to get out of the house more. I went into the store to ask a few questions, like what would I be expected to wear, how many hours I'd work and decided I'd apply.

After applying and a phone interview I was offered the job and today was my first shift. It was the first day type of things, like how to punch the clock, a few SOPs and following others around learning what to do throughout the shift. Co-workers were cool and customers didn't seem to mind me. I was head to toe in women's clothes all bought at Torrid or Soma. A nice yellow sweater, dark green t-shirt, and jeggings. I thought I did a good job with my make-up and hair and breast forms for some shape. Got a complement on my nails and outfit.

The only thing that caught me off-guard was when the manager asked what pronouns I would like used. Using Billie as my preferred name I guess I should have expected that, but I wasn't expecting that and didn't know how to answer. I went with, whatever the person feels is OK to use. I mean I am a guy wearing women's clothing working at a women's clothing store.

A little cleaning as we closed up the store and the shift was done. All in all it was a good day. We'll see how this goes for the next two months. At the very least my make-up skills should improve, if not my wardrobe growing.