Thread: Secret Skills

Wink Secret Skills

What secret skills do you have that people would be amazed if they knew? For example, watching TV at the in-laws recently (strictly come dancing was on) I made a comment about how impressive it is dancing in heels. My mother-in-law made the off handed comment of "yes, you wouldn't be able to even walk in heels like that!". I wanted to say "Girl....not only CAN I walk in heels like that (on every surface and up and down stairs!) I do everyday and they're HIGHER than that!", but I just smiled and kept quiet.

Another time wife and I were watching some quiz show. The question was "who was the winner of Ru Paul Drag race season 8" and before the possible answers came up, without thinking I just said out loud "Bob the Drag Queen". When the answers came up and I was right my wife turned to me confused and said "how the hell did you know that?!?". I just said I must have read it somewhere. Whoops.

Debbie, If they only knew, right?
    Crissy

I have had several instances like that and they always make me smile. Comments I make about someone on TV wearing a dress that really doesn't work on her and comment on why it doesn't work. The other person, if a woman, may agree and then realizes it was a guy that said that. Then comes the bewildered looks. I just smile. And I think what Crissy said, "If they only knew."

Platinum Member
    Hmmm, i cannot think of one secret skill off hand, but as Gretchen and Crissy said, often times when I think ‘if they only knew’. And then other times when I remind myself that they probably know.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 11-19-2021 at 08:07 AM.

Aspiring Member
    Two acknowledgements of my improving skill in making competent, realistic choices.

First, an active display of a secret skill. The salient incident that I remember is a time long ago when I took my daughter shopping. We did that together from time to time. I was not out to her at the time. I got bored waiting for her at a department store, so I started putting together outfits for her to try on. And others for me to consider returning by myself to buy. It was not long before she realized that I knew more than she thought I did. She remarked later that day to my wife how good I am at putting together outfits, even at accessorizing them. That little remark bought me several weeks of purgatory from my wife.

And for recognizing a secret skill by omission. Early in our marriage, my wife often berated me for my choice of elements in my drab outfits. She is not shy about maintaining a running commentary about just about everything. She has grown even more verbal with age. In the past few years, I started regularly reading a few fashion websites. These are ?over 40? women who have similar taste to mine, who are professionals and highly competent at dressing middle aged women. I must be learning something because my wife has ceased commenting on my choice of clothes in drab. And I have done some combinations that are far more advanced sartorially than I ever attempted when younger. Her lack of comment speaks volumes about a skill that I must have improved in the recent few years.

My new Secret Skill is now that I am the first choice my wife turns to when asking about her clothes. She does not always asks. When she does, I am here.

For birthday, Christmas etc. I always enjoyed getting my wife new clothes and outfits. I enjoyed searching for just the right things for her. She always liked the things I picked out for her, never failed. She always wondered where I got my taste in women's clothing.

Now she knows.
    Last edited by Kris Burton; 11-19-2021 at 08:14 PM. Reason: typo correction

I also love shopping for both myself and my wife. She is amazed at my selections. She?s never taken anything back. Thanks to her advice and lots of practice, she?s amazed at my makeup skills?again only after many fun hours of trial and error.

I WISH makeup was one of my secret skills, but I'm not very good at it; it's a LOT harder than it looks! (but then again, I hardly get any time to practice :-(

Believe it or not silk stitch embroidery. However been many years and may have lost the touch.

Secret skills?
    Sure but I try to keep them suppressed or I might get into a jam. Like when at a family function and the women watch some program and start discussing an outfit and call it a sheath when I know it's an A-line or they talk about her heels and don't know they are D'Orsay pumps. They'd be very surprised by my fashion knowledge and it's difficult to stay silent at times.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My secret skills is applying nail polish.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    "Secret skills"? Let's see: For dressers here and the many I've met in person? They don't know I once was very good concert musician. Good enuff that when I was drafted they put me in the band rather than have me do what they really needed: Catch bullets!

And, my none dresser friends have no clue I've dressed anywhere. Much less appeared as various famous female characters around the world!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Impressed with Sherry's Secret Skill as a concert musician. My Dad's brother made a full career in US Army Band(s). Concert mostly, some marching in parades when he was a bit younger.

No real Secret Skills for me, alas. Unusual maybe, an ability to copy and send Morse Code!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    "...when I was drafted they put me in the band ...:
    Here's to the girls in the band, and thank you for your service.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Just another 'Gurl'
    How about the ability to place false eyelashes? That must count for something.
    Just another man in a dress

Well, I can reach behind my back and hook and unhook my bra clasps! My wife can not do that. And my breasts have secret skills that are best not discussed on this forum! Mooo. Lol.

My secret skill was hiding my clothes from my ex-wife by putting them in with hers. She was always nosey and going through my stuff constantly and the only place that would not be subject to her constant foraging was her clothes. She never found them.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Good one Karren.
    I forgot about that. I can hook/unhook behind my back as well and the wife is amazed when I do.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Like Debbie D, embroidery, both cross stitch and freehand. Although it's not quite so secret anymore; a few more friends have noticed.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

There is a cute woman at work where I volunteer. Pretty blond hair. One day I overheard her tell a girl friend something about "extensions".
    Five seconds later I said, "You are getting extensions?"
    Her, "How do you know about hair extensions?"

Sigh, I have always thought hair extensions matching my real hair would be so much fun.
    I saw some at my favorite thrift store once--but they did not match my real mostly white hair. At the time I did not know much about how they worked. I have regretted not buying them. I could have tried them--and I could have sold or given them away to the girls in my support group. That is if the matched their hair.