Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What was your gateway accessory?

So many things.

My mum's lipstick & perfume. My sisters's cotton bra, which actually sort of fitted me. Their discarded laddered stockings, which I wore in bed, then finally a baby doll drying on the line which I wriggled into, but split.

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Hi, Josephine and welcome to the forum! I'm Kimberly, obviously. LOL..... Anyway, like you, pantyhose is my gateway, or go-to article of women's clothing. I spend every waking moment in pantyhose, (or tights if it's cold out) and I even sometimes sleep in them, again if it's cold, for the warmth they can provide. LOL But, I'd say that pantyhose is the reason for my wanting to crossdress..... That, and I was the only boy in my family, having grown up with four sisters and three girl cousins, seeing them all dressed up and me wanting to do that as well, only I couldn't because I was boy. LOL
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Heels. I don't know what it is about them, but I just LOVE the way the look, the way they make you walk and how they make my legs look AWESOME!

I still remember buying my first heels, I was shaking with so much adrenaline, it was one of the greatest moments of my life that I can never share about with anybody. The moment I slipped them on I was SO hooked. After that I chased that thrill buying other stuff, and well, here we are.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine Janus View Post
    Bugs Bunny did me in. . . .
    That realy did make me chuckle.

Discovering all of my mom's pretty & feminine lingerie/nighties/sexy sleepwear when I was 13, all of it looked so gorgeous and once I started trying things on I was immediately hooked, and seeing myself in the mirror was extremely arousing (and still is). I've loved beautiful/romantic/bridal lingerie ever since. Seeing it was amazing, trying it on was absolutely incredible.

I woud have to say my moms an Cousin panties

Just another 'Gurl'
    I think my Aunt's corset and stockings.
    Just another man in a dress

My earliest memory was wearing my sister?s red dress, twirling around. Maybe 7 years old.

I also remember around 11 playing house with female cousins. They made me the wife, because they wanted to make me do the cleaning. I pretended to complain, but didn?t complain very hard. *wink* after all had to dress the part.

That?s most of my memories growing up that would say had a strong effect.

Otherwise, underwear. Whenever seeing them laying around.

Started with my Mom's bright pink lipstick. Then older sister went off to college and I got to move into her room. She left behind a closet packed with makeup, some panties and dresses. I tried everything.

My first thought was that it was finding a discarded pair of my sister's pantyhose when I was around 10 or 12. Still love the feel of wearing them. But then, it seems there were always stages. I had virtually given it up for over ten years when I discovered a dress that fit and shoes as well. Then I was off and running for months, then not. Until some new angle caught my imagination, then off and running again.

I was 4 or 5 and found a pair of women's black leather boots and black leather gloves at my grandmother's house. I'd put them on and parade around her house in them (it was "cute" at that age). As I got older I started trying on my mom's other things - panties, pantyhose, dresses, etc. But it's always been about the boots for me. It's all I've got right now, which granted, is limiting my wardrobe. Boot weather where I live is maybe 4 months out of the year if I'm lucky.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Mythbusters

Easy memory.....my mothers bra
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I'm just like Teri...my mom's black lace bra draped over the towel rack in her bathroom. I can still see it clearly in my mind all these years later

I would say my mothers panties and panty girdle with garters. I just thought they were so sexy, and still do
    Crissy

My sister's panties. We shared a bathroom as a kid and a hamper. All my undies were tightie whites and she had silky nylon panties with flowers.

It was a bra I found that really set me off when I was about eight.

I had been playing house with the neighborhood girls from about age 3 or four and I was always dressed up as a girl or the baby in the pram.

That was good as I always got a ride down the street in it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Nylon stockings, the single leg kind that required garters. I watched my Mum put them on every evening before her night shift at a hospital nurse. I wanted them. Eventually, I got some of my own. Then I found a 40s style dress, heels, coat and headscarf, and I was soon walking down the street.

I don't know, it was more crossdressing in media than an actual interaction with an "accessory" for me.

My mothers tights (which would probably today be called leggings). I particularly remember a blue pair she had. At 67 i've never looked back. I dress fully now but leggings are still my go to piece of clothing. Wear them to the gym, shopping, etc.

Pantyhose and nail polish for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Snide_lobster View Post
    I don't know, it was more crossdressing in media than an actual interaction with an "accessory" for me.
    That was part of it for me too. There were a couple of magazine/newspaper articles in the late 60s on transexuals or crossdressers that had an affect on me. I wanted to be one of them!

As far as clothing, trying on my sister's dress at age 13 was an epiphany.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I was probably a combination of things. I grew up in a house primarily comprised of women and they were always running around the house dressed up in a variety of dresses, skirts, foundation garments. While they stirred my curiosity for all things femme, the one thing which threw me over the top was mascara. There was a girl in middle school who sat next to me. She had the prettiest eyelashes and really knew her way around makeup. Her name was Robin.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Trying on a pair of my sister's panties when I was 14 did it for me.

Jennifer

My mom's girdle and nylons snapped in place. Loved how they looked and felt. The girdle gave me a flat front like a girl I just loved that I looked like a girl. After that I thought about it often never got serious make up the works until way later.

I had always been sort of drawn to dressing from an early age but always had a thing for the "Disney princess" aesthetic. At about 11-12 I found my mom's high school prom dress in the closet. I remember getting a chance alone to get the courage to try it on. I still remember how perfectly snug it was around the waist at the time. Also the huge skirts I had to hold to even move about. It was a special experience I'll likely not forget soon.