Thread: Panic!!

Panic!!

End of my week away and I'd decided to end as I started namely having arrived enfemme I was going to leave enfemme. Friday night spent packing, getting as much as possible into the car as due to covid, I needed to be out of the cottage by 10:00 so it can be deep cleaned ready for the next occupants.

I get up about 07:40 and get dressed in a black coated skirt and a black Vee necked sweater with knee high 6cm stiletto heeled boots. Wig no makeup just a bit of lippy. So just a few last things to load into the car and ready to leave with plenty of time to spare.

Keys to the cottage need to be left in a wall mounted key safe outside the front door so looking around and, I can't find them. Searched high and low. Moved furniture, looked under the bed, checked all the drawers, twice. No key. Is it in one of the bags in the car? Systematically work thought the bags one at a time. Nothing. It's now getting towards 09:30 and I'm thinking I need to ring the owner to tell him and possibly hang around for the cleaner to arrive so need to go drab. Reach into the back pocket of my skirt and, yep you've guessed it, there with my phone are the keys.

It's then I realise I'd left them both on the bedside table and picked them up together. Huge relief as well as annoyance with myself for stressing myself out unnecessarily.

Anyway, headed off with 20 minutes to spare on the drive home. At 12:00 I stopped at a picnic area and went drab before finishing the drive home. Arriving to what I knew would be an empty house gave me time to unload and put stuff away and even get logged in and type this. Which is a good thing as it reminded me I'd put lippy on and had yet to take it off which could have been awkward when the SO got home.

Thing is, don't these things come in threes? Oh no, what's next?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Platinum Member
    I have done much the same thing many times. Generally, I find if I stop and mentally retrace my steps I will eventually stumble upon where I left whatever it is I have lost. Other times, I might search high and low, only to serendipitously spy the item. The latter happened when I forgot to remove my earrings one night?one stuck in my wig but the other fell to the carpet, where it lay unseen for most of the day, despite my careful search.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I can understand your panic at losing the keys.

But, I'm curious, Helen. Why would u be worried about an anonymous cleaning lady seeing u dressed?
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 11-20-2021 at 01:08 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sherry,

Given I'd spent the entire week out and about it doesn't seem logical I know. Perhaps it was because I was sans makeup coupled to being in the situation of having to explain about the missing key. I also think the rushing around has the effect of clouding your judgement somewhat.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I love the fact that during all of this you kept your commitment to leave enfemme even through your panic! Not probably the ending you wanted to what must have been an awesome week, but at least nothing bad happened and it's now a fun story to tell (now that the panic has worn off!)

Loosing things that I had in my hand 2 minutes ago is part of my daily life :-) The most used feature on my iWatch is the "ping my phone" since I'm constantly putting it down in random places.

The worst part I think is having to change to drab and then back again.

I would like to think you can get it all sorted one day.

Maybe I am lucky, I just breathe in and hope for the best.

Cleaning ladies and once time meetings are no worry, it's when you have to change gender for a second meeting, it gets to be a problem.

Been lucky so far.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The key thing you are missing is you stressed out unnecessarily on two things and it turned out okay for you. Don't start worrying about a third. People I tell at work, "never panic." Always remain calm, think things out, and then take care of business. Keep your head and the rest will be okay!