Thread: Has anyone tried the "My Twin" lens on Snapchat? It's a mirror of your femme self!

Has anyone tried the "My Twin" lens on Snapchat? It's a mirror of your femme self!

First I'll state that I'm not very into social media. I hardly do Facebook let alone Snapchat. But I heard about this "lens" on Snapchat that shows you what you'd look like as a girl. A "lens" is their term for AR (augmented reality). Basically it's a way to alter your appearance in real time. For example you could have the app put a silly hat on you, or an angel's halo, etc. And it keeps it there in real time even if you move yourself around relative to your camera.

So I did the bare minimum set up of Snapchat on my phone. I created an account but didn't upload my real name or a photo, and I haven't posted anything. But if I pull up the "My Twin" lens, I see a realistic version of myself as a woman. It doesn't look the same as when I dress-up, but it's really good. It's kind of like Faceapp, but live. Sort of like looking into magic mirror.

I'd recommend trying it out if you haven't. But WARNING, it's addictive!!

Camille

Sound fun I have to re down load snap chat and try it

Just another 'Gurl'
    That sounds fun. I will have to give it a shot. Thanks for the info. Camille.
    Just another man in a dress

I just had to jump over a check it out.

Fun!!!

I heard about it recently and decided to give it a try. I let out an audible gasp when I saw myself looking back at myself, it works REALLY well. Just wish you could play with some settings and try out different hair styles etc :-)

Does it automatically pick your gender and its opposite like Faceapp does? Asking for someone who faceapp doesn't always gender the same way each time.

It's funny you posted this, just this weekend went out to breakfast with daughters family, My granddaughter9 was at my end of the table with her mom. She was having a riot Snapchating me with all kinds of make up and hair styles. My daughter knows about Connie so we had as much fun as she did looking at the differant pictures. I wish I could have gotten copies of the pictures lol

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Camille, that's effectively what I do every time I dress. Decide which mask I'm going to wear.

Only, instead of make believe and seeing that fem face in my phone? I see it in my mirror and others see it when I go out, too!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I do something DIFFERENT--I "replace" my face with that of some celebrity from a photo. ---I noticed that the faces sort of "rubber sheet " themselves over my own features. I use that as a TOOL to help me guide my makeup by copying what I see and thus achieve the "style" of the face I selected.-------But I only post MY FACE with the makeup. I do not think it would be ethical to post a digital enhanced face pic and pass it off as me.

Wow ... I just tried it ... wow.

My daughter did it with the family. It didn't look like me when I dress with makeup.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Non-Binary Princess Britney Summers's Avatar
    Wow! Seems more realistic than faceapp. Maybe there is hope for this ugly princess!

How do you find MY Twin? I have Snapchat but can’t seem to get to that lens.
    Honoring the woman within