Thread: My Recent Outings

My Recent Outings, an Evening with Eddie Izzard

I haven't posted anything lately. I thought I would give you an update on my recent outings.

First there was Halloween. What can I say. Maybe my favorite outing since I started going out about 4 years ago. Always fun. No stress. No hassles. Just go out and enjoy.

This year was no different. Plan was for the wife an I to go out for dinner and then to a local blues club. Last year it was just the same blues club. We got to the restaurant, had dinner. Got some nice comments from some people. Nothing bad. Finished dinner and headed to the club that was about two blocks away. Went in and found a seat near the washrooms. A couple of smiles from some of the girls. Throughout the evening we had some good interaction with the rest of the guests. Lots of traffic because we were right next to the washrooms. Chatted with several people. Guy asked my wife to dance. On return he mentioned he should have asked both of us to dance. Lots of fun and no problems at all. A great outing. If you've never been out the door, Halloween is the time to go for it.

So about a month ago I saw that Eddie Izzard was coming to town. My mind starts thinking about this. The venue is going to be an auditorium where our local ballet company performs. This is a fairly nice venue that I might normally be nervous about going to. I'm thinking if people are going to buy tickets to see a crossdressing comedian, they won't be too upset to see a crossdressing person in the audience. I talk to the wife and convinced her we had to go. Booked the tickets. Last night was the night. Getting dressed I asked the wife for help in putting an outfit together. She's much better at this than I am. Put my makeup on, got dressed, and off we go.

So at the venue they still have the Covid mask restrictions. In a way I was relieved and another way disappointed. Relieved that with a mask on no one will clock me. Disappointed in that I was ready to claim my turf and let the chips fall where they may. I'm not too shy about going out dressed. Getting braver all the time.

It was an OK show. Not the wife's cup of tea but she was a good sport about it. I found Eddie amusing, but not hilarious. Still a nice outing for me in a venue I would normally have felt nervous about. All went well.

Eddie came out in this outfit (see attached) minus the scarf to a roar of applause. Everybody was more than all right with a gender fluid comedian. Boots were about 3" heel and knee high.

Her hair was done up in a pony tail that looked quite cute.

At one point she covered off her gender fluidity and said "I've just been promoted to using the pronoun Her" full time to which all the female audience members applauded loudly.

There was an intermission and wardrobe change for Eddie. This time she came out in a blazer/shorts/dark pantyhose outfit with 3" stilettos (lots of leg). Again a roar of applause as she strutted out.

At the end of the show there was a standing ovation. Eddie came back out and delivered about 10 or 15 minutes of comedy and wrapped it up expressing a hope that the world would have room for everyone, the audience applauded loudly.

All in all a nice outing. Well worth the experience for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sweetdreams; 11-22-2021 at 07:56 PM.
    Why fit in when you were born to stand out? - Dr. Suess

Going to a theatre is one of the things on my enfemme bucket list.

Seeing Eddie would be a great way to do it. Certainly the audience wouldn't be hostile to anyone who came dressed.

As you say, Eddie isn't hilariously funny. I class her as the thinking person's comedian. A very clever person herself she explores avenues other comedians dare not or could not go. I saw her on TV and there's not many who can tell a story to an English speaking audience in French and make it funny.

So, having now done this, what's next?

Hi Helen.

What's next? Good question. It's been quite a ride so far. I'm going to do a bit of a brain dump here. If this helps someone or you find this interesting, that would be great.

It's an unfolding story for sure. I used to be deeply in the closet like many of us. Big game changer about 4 years ago when I started going out the front door. It will never be the same. I've done so many interesting and exciting things since then:
    • Went to a beauty shop three times with 20 females in it so I could have a makeover, both in drab and enfemme (enfemme is better). Boy that was eye opening. Totally immersed (and welcomed) in a world of femininity.
    • I've walked two of the biggest shopping malls in the city without any negative reactions (as far as I could tell I blended in).
    • I went to a drag show in a town close by and sat in an audience of 80% female. Just one of the girls. After the show I went to the bar with three of the girls and spent the evening chatting with them. Later they asked me to go bar hopping with them.
    • Attended the local support group several times and went to the bar with them after the official meeting was over.
    • I've been shopping for women's clothes while in drab mode.
    • Halloween! Oh boy what an opportunity to get out and mingle with the masses. Highly recommended. Been out the last four years and wouldn't miss it for anything.

What this isn't:
    • I won't transition or live 100% as a female.
    • I'm not gay, 100% heterosexual.

A lot of what I do needs to be balanced with the wife's reaction to things. It hasn't been easy for her. I try to be sensitive to what she needs. She married a man and needs to have that connection. The crossdressing is a secondary thing. Our marriage and her connection with her husband is very important. Fortunately she is finding the ability to support my dressing. We are still finding what the final picture might be. Increasingly she is becoming comfortable with helping me with some fashion ideas (putting together decent outfits). We talk more openly about things more and more (i.e. makeup). We will have to see how things end up. It's still unfolding.

At one point the wife and I separated (not because of the crossdressing) and ultimately divorced. I entered into a relationship with a girl who I told all about this before we moved in together. She wasn't just OK with it, it turned her on. That was sure interesting. We stayed together for about three years and then broke up for other reasons than the crossdressing. Wife and I remarried and of course the crossdressing was out in the open.

My attitude toward this has changed dramatically. I used to hide this away from the world. Originally even with the wife. Then it became something we played with in private. Then I felt a strong desire to take this out the front door and wow!

So back to your question of what's next?

Increasingly I find the world doesn't really care that much how I dress. I'm becoming more comfortable dressing in public and not really worrying about it. Watching Eddie Izzard go on stage enfemme and the audience's reaction is encouraging. Society is much more open than it was 40 years ago. I also have an acquaintance who crossdresses and is fearless when going out in the world, the attitude tends to rub off. I find many girls are curious about us. In some ways crossdressers are novel. When I've been in venues where there are a lot of girls, some have come up to me and struck up a conversation. Others I've initiated contact and chatted with them. Never a bad reaction. I try to do a decent job of presenting myself. I give it the respect it deserves. My goal is to blend in, not sure how well I do this. I do my makeup pretty well. I wear age/figure appropriate clothes. I have a couple of quality wigs that look pretty good. My goal is to increasingly be bold in my interactions with the world. Find new experiences and places I can go. I like the interactions I have with people, it can be very interesting. As I become braver, the whole world starts to look like a playground for me. Let's get dressed up and go outside to play.....

Whew, that was long winded.
    Last edited by sweetdreams; 11-23-2021 at 01:56 PM.
    Why fit in when you were born to stand out? - Dr. Suess

sweetdreams, Sounds lime a great time. I would like to see Eddie Izzard at some point.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".