Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your plan for Thanksgiving??

What is your plan for Thanksgiving??

I hope everyone has a great day.
    My plans for Thanksgiving are a full on Raychel day.
    Pick out a nice dress along with all the other required accessories (my ex-wife would call them spare parts )
    Roast a small chicken with some Potatoes and Brussel sprouts
    And Apple Pie for desert with Whipped Cream on top
    Looks like it will be a nice day, Maybe a walk after dinner

What is your plan??
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Kind of the opposite of yours, Raychel. I get a much needed break from Sherry to spend the whole day with family!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    A total family day, although I am getting tired of Thanksgiving. My wife volunteered to bake the bird with the stuffing, gravy and two apple pies. This is done at our home and transported to our son's home. It's a lot of work for the brief time people actually sit down and eat. The upside is no dishes to clean. You'd think somebody younger would take over. We get together often enough that "getting together" is really a non-starter. It would be different if relatives descended from all over the map.

Sounds like good times Doc and Stephanie.

I would love to be spending the day with family.
    But they are spread all over the US now
    Very unlikely that will ever happen again

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Platinum Member
    I will be with family for a couple days. I will enjoy their company and watching Get Back on the Disney Channel.

Thanksgiving will be a traditional family meal with wife and step children.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Both kids and their SOs and grandkids. So no dressing except for in the turkey! Lol. Not that there won?t be a TG in the house. Sons boyfriend just came out of the closet, another closet. Life is strange.

Fantastic to hear families still getting together for the holiday
    Definitely enjoy the loved ones while you can

Spending thanksgiving with kids and grandkids - will be making sides and delivering the meal to my son's house

Heading to our daughters house to see her and her husband. We are bringing an apple pie and creamed onions. Ok some wine also
    Crissy

Banned Read only
    Have the day off today, so I'm going food shopping this afternoon. Then I have a dinner date with an admirer. Tomorrow, I will be cooking for 20, starting bright and early. Wish me luck. Happy Thanksgiving, ladies!

That sounds like a ton of fun Bridget
    Safe Travels Crissy, Sounds like you are bringing some very important parts of the meal.
    Sound like a very busy day for you Monica. Back in the day it was 20 or more at the family house for the holidays.

For the longest time we?ve gone to my in-laws . They are getting older and it seems cooking can get stressful as sometimes my MIL gets heated with FIL. I decided to implement something different this year and have a local market Cooke the turkey, my wife and I do all the sides tonight then bring everything there and they?ll provide deserts. And as usual the freeloading BILs and wife will do/ bring nothing.
    Usually my kids would be there with us , but my daughter is a traveling RN and gets either Christmas or thanksgiving, but not both off. My son is in Qatar with the army. So not as joyful a holiday as in past years. Oh well, make the best of it.
    Last edited by JocelynJames; 11-24-2021 at 10:15 AM.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Dinner with my parents. Won't get to see my 2 sisters, BIL, SIL, or my 3 niece's. Will go visit my wife's grandma, uncle and dad. Friday will be spent with my MIL, being is her birthday.

Thanksgiving will be a drab family affair at the in-laws.
    Not so bad though as I just spent the last 3 days being me so I really can't complain.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

We are celebrating it today since one of my sons has to work tomorrow.

—-

Turkey lurkey lurkey , and turkey lurkey giggle

I wish turkey only cost a nickel.

—-

Anyhow the only dressing this week will be on the turkey as I don?t want to get BBQ?d on a holiday.

Sandi

We are off to friends for dinner. So, not Natalie time all weekend.

But Monday I am sure she will be screaming to come out.

I remember growing up. The big family get together, being forced to go outside and throw the football.. and then watch the big games. I hated football, but could not wait to get a glimpse of the cute cheerleaders on the sidelines. Ugh, always a trigger!

Thanksgiving brings my two sons, both now in their 30s and living out of town, together again with my wife like the early days. Sibling rivalry sometimes rears its head, but its always a day both my wife and I look forward to. This year, both boys will be staying over at least a day. Kris will be nowhere in sight, although she may appear on the board in the off hours. It's OK, we're both very patient.

Really sounds like everyone will be having a great day.
    Lots of great food, Family and friends.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    No family lives anywhere close to me. But I always make a Thanksgiving dinner anyway. Always cheat on the fixins, however! Stove-top dressing, canned yams and cranberry sauce?

Used to buy a huge turkey bird so that I could bag and freeze a lot of leftovers. Over did it last year with a 22-pound bird, and then kept finding frozen turkey packages for many months! So, lessen learned, down sized to a 16 lb. turkey for this Thanksgiving.

Cannot forget the Cabernet Sauvignon.

Just another 'Gurl'
    Will be spending it with the inlaws. Not really my thing as I am a bit of a loner and don't enjoy being around groups of people.
    Just another man in a dress

Well, Geena has no plans at all. Not so her alter ego. With the passing of my father and my sister going into a care facility, the holiday falls even more squarely on me. Between my children, grand children, and significant others, we will have about 10 or 11 over to the house. I have the turkey in the brine, spouse has the pies ready to go, girls made the cranberry jello, and I made a leaf for the dining room table. Have a busy day ahead.

Hope all my friends on the forum have a happy thanksgiving.

Geena

I am planning on smoking a turkey on the grill today, making garlic mashed potatoes mixed with a Gruyere cheese, candied yams of course, garlic green beans, and my garlic buttered dinner rolls that are to die for! My brother will be coming up to visit me and I have a feeling there will be plenty of leftovers for me to take for lunch! I hope everyone here has a great and safe Thanksgiving Day celebration!

Hugs,

Linda

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Wifey and I are staying home and laying low. Her family is spreadmout across the country and I don't have much family left. Since it's just the two of us, we got some Turkey thighs and are doing a modified Turkey dinner. Oh, and she is making a pumpkin pie for dessert. Sadly, the only dressing for this bird will be on the diner table.

Stay safe and enjoy all!
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!