Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just wear some nylons

It was a very similar situation that got me back into dressing after I had quit dressing for quite a few years. I find the feeling of stocking on my legs to be almost intoxicating

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Oh yes, and yet another thread on nylons! Well, I'm sure y'all know how I am with pantyhose..... LOVE them! LOL I spend every waking moment in tights or pantyhose and sometimes sleep in them. And I concur, they DO provide some warmth to your legs in the colder weather, but if you wanna wear hosiery when it's really cold, there ARE fleece-lined tights, I have a couple of pairs of those and they're like wearing thin sweat pants on your legs and feet, only a LOT more comfy and those do keep your legs and feet warm. LOL

If anyone wants to try fleece-lined tights, here's a link for them on the Walmart website: https://www.walmart.com/search?q=fleece+lined+tights They all seem to be very reasonably priced, but if you're someone who wants to try fleece-lined tights, would rather spend more money on them and you would NEVER shop at Walmart, then well, I guess you'll just have to do some research or Googling on your own.
    Last edited by Kimberly A.; 11-26-2021 at 04:57 PM.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

I find tights to be warmer than nylons.

Jennifer

I think whether or not nylons keep you warmer in chilly conditions is irrelevant to the OPs post. In my view, Stilleto Gurl was making a point about how appreciative she was that her wife recognized, suggested, and ultimately supported the idea of wearing nylons.

If my SO ever said "Just wear some nylons", I would be thrilled and I would slip into a pair of pantyhose so quickly that my speed would cause a sonic boom.

Aspiring Member
    Sixty years ago, when pantyhose first arrived, they quickly became popular with professional football players, those guys who work in some brutally cold places. Joe Namath even made commercials for Leggs brand pantyhose.

When I was a kid working on a Midwest farm, everyone wore long Johns under their denim jeans. The day we started in October and finished in May varied little from year to year. My sisters wore thick tights under denim jeans. The garment shape was more tight and girly, but the materials were similar to my long Johns. Some girls substituted puffer style snow pants for denim. All the girls wore a heavy skirt over the denim. They were expected to remove the denim or puffer layer while indoors in school. Guys kept their long Johns on all the time.

Grown women wore long, ankle length, heavy skirts and boots. Professional women told tales of snowy, windswept train platforms wearing only heels and hose below the knee. When tall boots became available in the 1970s, on the subway, most women carried two or three bags: purse, briefcase, and shoe bag. It was quite a scandal when miniskirts first arrived and some of the college women wore only pantyhose under their micro skirts in the winter. Public health officials went crazy with dire predictions for their health. Their thighs would often be cherry red all morning. Though I liked to dress en femme, that was one time that I was grateful not to be a slave to such fashion.

I was age 25 when I first experimented with going outdoors wearing just pantyhose and a miniskirt when temperatures dipped into double digits below zero F. That first bite of cold was quite a sensation. With practice, I grew accustomed to it. I wore a skirt above the knee, pantyhose, 14 inch boots, and two layers of coats for a full day out and about on January 12, 1981, the coldest day in Boston in half a century.
    Last edited by abby054; 11-27-2021 at 08:44 AM. Reason: To correct the autocorrect

Quote Originally Posted by rachellegsep View Post
    Also work well under biking jeans in winter.
    I did not think of that. Thanks.

In cooler weather I've worn pantie hoze outside, but here in the prairie provinces in Canada its thermal under wear as it can get down to -35 to -45 Celsius with the windchill (thats 35 to 45 below freezing), so its ladies Under Armour because i find them to work the best and more comfortable.
    Stay warm everyone.

I wear women's Under Armor cold weather leggins for the last 2 years working outside
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Cecily View Post
    I think whether or not nylons keep you warmer in chilly conditions is irrelevant to the OPs post. In my view, Stilleto Gurl was making a point about how appreciative she was that her wife recognized, suggested, and ultimately supported the idea of wearing nylons.

If my SO ever said "Just wear some nylons", I would be thrilled and I would slip into a pair of pantyhose so quickly that my speed would cause a sonic boom.
    Yes. Thank you. ☺️

When I was working construction, I would wear tights under my jeans all the time to help keep my legs warm. I purchased five pairs of white tights figuring if my leg was exposed, the guys would think it was socks.
    I am just a guy who enjoys wearing women's clothing and there is nothing wrong with that.

Wife: "Why are you wearing pantyhose?"
    Me: "It's cold outside and they keep my legs warm."
    Wife: "And exactly how does shaving your legs help?"

crobeson96;

"I get that warm feeling inside"
    Last edited by char GG; 11-30-2021 at 12:40 PM. Reason: No need to quote the post directly before yours

I wear leggings just about 24/7. To the gym, shopping, etc. At age 67 others peoples opinion, as another poster commented, are none of my business.

I wear pantyhose under jeans,I side tennies,and against my crotch. Pantyhose under my sweatpants.

I wear 15 denier or more in Chicago winters but in Hawaii I only wear thin hose when dressed up.

Most times I am bare legged when there, with a little fake tan to go with it. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Went to look at the beach this weekend on Lake Michigan. I was getting dressed and my wife said I put at least nylons on under your levi's. the wind was like 30 mph or higher there. They did the trick. Helped with the cutting wind.

Just wear some nylons... Mmmmm, magical words.

we were attending an wedding last month and it was the first time i had worn my suit pants well gained some weight over the summer and couldnt button my pants so the wife tells me wear one of yourhigh waisted girdles that will hold your gut in a little. She was right.and it felt good all night.