Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just wear some nylons

Just wear some nylons

My wife and I were attending an outdoor function that required us to be dressed up. It was very cold up here in Canada that day, and I remarked that I was going to freeze wearing my thin dress pants with the wind and cold that day. Her response was ?just wear your nylons underneath, they?ll help a little bit??..

I love my wife. ☺️

And did she allow you to wear makeup ?

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    I used to wear nylons all the time when snow skiing, they do help some and of course felt great.

Platinum Member
    Its not like I need an excuse to wear nylons or tights, but I do enjoy the approach of cooler weather each year.

Nylons are great and effective at this time of year.

I was working some 10 years ago and I would wear shorts up until Thanksgiving.
    I was at a customer's and the receptionist asked if my legs weren't cold in the shorts and I replied they were a little chilly but not bad. She then suggested perhaps I should try pantyhose to help keep them warm and I said maybe I should try that.
    If she only knew...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Cheryl, you never know she might have suspected something.

I commented once to a female co-worker about adding a layer of pantyhose under my thermals for additional warmth. She rolled her eyes, laughed, and said they don't keep you warm. We worked in the ski industry and were outside all day in the elements.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Pantyhose under thermal underwear under outerwear can be a little too much and make you sweat, which will make you feel colder. Otherwise, it does feel warmer (unless it's just the excitement causing increased circulation).

This is so true. A couple of my friends wear pantyhose or thigh highs when they go fall hunting or fishing. I wear either daily, regardless of the weather. Slipping them on every morning, starts my day off with a smile. Of course, other items follow.

I wear pantyhose under dress pants during the winter, have for a long time.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

First time diving in a wetsuit. I had trouble pulling them on. Someone said try wearing pantihose under them. It makes them pull on much easier.

I would have loved to have an excuse, but I was so deep into denial, there's no way I would have done that.

Besides, back then, I didn't know about TV or CD {which wasn't even a word then). I thought if you wore pantihose that it meant that you were gay. And, back then, "gay" meant "happy". A much more vulgar word was uses to refer to homosexuals.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

When I was in college I stayed at my Grandma's over the Winter Holiday in the cold part of eastern Oregon. I was getting ready to go out and she said put on your long underwear I said I did not have them and she handed me a pair of pantyhose. Was surprised but put them on. Yes they helped especially in the wind and yes they felt wonderful. Loved my grandma, learned so much from her she was a practical straight forward strong woman.

Shoes glorious shoes rachellegsep's Avatar
    Also work well under biking jeans in winter.
    In search of muliebrity

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just another 'Gurl'
    While I do love nylons and hose I don't find them overly effective in keeping my legs warm. I generally wear them due to how they make my legs look and feel rather than keeping me warm.
    Just another man in a dress

It really depends on the type of nylons you wear. Anything that has a high spandex count will do very little to keep you warm.

Try a pair of day sheers with the 100% nylon legs. Without the spandex, they won't cling tightly to your legs. The way warm things work is to create an air space over you skin. The knit of the legs will trap the air, keeping you warmer.

Give it a try. What do you have to loose?

Banned Spammer
    I even wear them under jeans in Scotland when the weather is cold. The refuge collection guys wear them too. No biggie. Your wife is a good woman.

I wore pantyhose only once to work . I had to do some outside work that required some focus and concentration, but everytime I moved it felt so good it distacted me and I barely got anything done. I came home that day and told my wife I wasn't doing that anymore.

Banned Read only
    Knit leggings will warm your legs because they restrict the flow of some air that is warmed by your own body heat. Regular nylons simply do not. They're just too thin. However, the feeling of tightness against your skin will make you believe that you are warmer, and there's nothing wrong with that. Enjoy!

I'll be wearing a pair of tights under my clothes today as I'm outside.
    Last edited by char GG; 11-26-2021 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Topic not allowed

In addition to the extra layer of comfort, I find it much easier to pull my thermals on over pantyhose. And at the end of the day, it's much easier to remove them. They just glide right over the nylons!

I wear my thigh highs or stockings year round. Having to walk about everywhere I go.
    With high BP it helps with circulation and helps keep my legs warm in the colder weather.
    Also they feel so good when I put them on in the morning.

Platinum Member
    Totally agree with Steffi (#11). I find my aching legs (neuropathy) feel better when wearing extra firm pantyhose. There is no need to wear costly compression hosiery for mild cases. Extra firm pantyhose works well and are not costly. If you hunt around the internet you can find offerings for degrees of firmness. The only problem is using bathrooms. I'd recommend emptying your bladder before donning them and leaving your home.

I, too have occasional leg aches. My Dr. suggested supp-hose. I looked at them. UCK. I?ve found HSR thigh?s to be the ticket. I wear them daily. So comfortable. More economical. If I get a run in one, I still have a good one. Yes, I?ve had a few pant leg glances?so what. No bathroom issues either.

I had to repair my car during winter one day 7 or 8 years ago. After 15 mn outside I realized that a pantyhose will help me with the weather... And it did. I wasn't dressing at this time.

Non-Binary Princess Britney Summers's Avatar
    I wore leggings under my pants last winter. My legs stayed warm in the cold/wind. They were the buttery soft ones made of nylon and spandex.