Thread: A Zoom ""Girls Night"

A Zoom ""Girls Night"

Hi ladies,

Just wondering if anyone on the forum would be interested in a girl's night, via Zoom conference? Many here have mentioned the frustration of not being able to dress up due to the global situation, DADT, or closeted lifestyles. Why not take advantage of modern technology?

Perhaps a girl's night is in order. Come as you are (fab, drab, underdressed, face-masked, etc.). An open invitation to members, SO's, and GG's?

If anyone is interested we could also potentially schedule theme nights (bridal, costumes, formal, casual, business attire, jammies, etc.)

Just a thought

Cecily, as great as an opportunity for me to learn more and talk, I'd feel very out of place seeing as I underdress and sport a full beard. But then again it sounds like a wonderful chance to talk, learn, and understand more about this life style I find myself drawn to.

I feel like I'd be way more of a maybe.

Hi Willow, I totally understand your trepidation; however, Zoom meetings also have the option of blocking video. You could participate verbally without needing to show yourself.

Cecily, what a tremendous idea. I'd be up for it. Only not immediately as I still have a few months to do in Copenhagen and my things are in Vienna.

You can use avatar picture instead of live video when using zoom (I often do that when I have to eat during a zoom meeting)

It's a great idea, you might need to be perpared for the biggest zoom in the history of zoom lol.

This is an excellent way of talking with other members.
    Last winter Raychel organised a series of these Zoom meetings and they were very enjoyable. A dozen or so different members joined in over several meetings.
    WillowHanna: Everyone was made welcome, irrespective of presentation, and we had a wide range of members. You always have the option of keeping your camera off. In line with forum policy, it would be highly inappropriate to criticise anybody's appearance anyway.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

This sounds like a great opportunity for us to get together and meet each other! I would be up for it, and if it is a hit, perhaps we could schedule once a month get togethers. Then others can join when they can. What a wonderful idea!!!

Sounds like a great idea.
    I used to Skype with another girl some years ago every Friday night. We'd both do our Friday night best and sit and chat for an hour or two.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I think a Zoom meet is an excellent idea. I'll also mention that the CrossYAAS Podcast (which is most certainly worth listening to) has its own Discord server where you can jump on at any time of day. They run zoom-like get-together sessions as well and the server is fairly active.

I would like that.

A great idea!!!

100% for it. I will always try to be there. When & where
    Sara-Also

This is going to be a lot of fun!! I would really like to meet you all for some Christmas cheer and share some stories. An opportunity to get together all glammed up without any stress or worries.

Obviously there will be a time zone issue depending on our individual geographic locations but I'm sure we can figure something out that will be most beneficial. It would be great if this became a reoccurring Girls Night event so everyone could participate every now and again.

Please PM your date and time preferences and we can take it from there. In the meantime, plan your outfits and get ready to have an enjoyable evening. Dresses, heels, lipstick, lashes and hose! It's time to let your hair down, powder your nose, and be free and comfortable amongst like-minded friends. To quote Shania Twain's lyrics (from 'Man, I Feel Like a Woman'): "Let's go, girls"!

Banned Read only
    I'm in. Sign me up.

Sounds like a great idea.

Original plan was, I was going to restart the zoom meetings
    Some members really enjoyed them.
    But life has been crazy for me, and I don't see it settling down for a few months. A trip to Florida coming up to tend to Dad's health for a while.

It's a great idea.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

It definitely catches my interest, although I sadly doubt my situation would allow me to participate. I certainly will consider it, though.

Put me on the list, though I'll probably want to wait until next month when the kids go back to school.

Dana