Thread: Trip to Wal-Mart

Trip to Wal-Mart

I go to Wal-mart dressed every week to pick up groceries.I was walking through the produce When I heard a Lady say excuse me and tap me on the shoulder
    I turned around and she said I just want tell you,you are stunning and just beautiful.Be proud of who you are,and keep it up.I said thank you.What a wonderful
    compliment.I felt like a million bucks.I've had other ladies tell me they liked my heels or my boots and It just brightens my day

Platinum Member
    That was very kind and encouraging!

Hi Michelle8,

That was wonderful to hear!

Marion

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    It's always a thrill when you get a compliment from a stranger when out dressed, good for you girl.

Michelle, That's very nice.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I had a similar experience and it made my day.

Two things Michelle - First, it's so great to have such a positive response to your presentation...gotta feel fantastic. Second, going en femme is a great way to make something as mundane as grocery shopping special, even memorable! When I finally get the nerve to go out into the community, I'll remember that!

Just another 'Gurl'
    Sounds like a great experience.
    Just another man in a dress

I think it is a great affirmation that you are presenting in a very positive way.
    That is just a wonderful feeling, for sure!
    I get that every once in a while and the more it happens, the more I wonder if they really know or it's just something that happens with women who love fashion?
    I suspect, in my case, more than not, they suspect or know I am a CDer and they thought they would let me know they are fine with it all.
    Whatever the case, we have to be happy to know we are being a positive figure and a great ambassador for all of us in the CD community.
    Women seem to come out of the woodwork when I am in my mustang convertible, with the top down, while I am wearing a color matching dress, scarf, or hair piece.
    I get a lot of "you go girl", a wave, or a thumbs up, exclusively from women. Men like to stare...I wonder it they like the car, the girl, or both?
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

That is great Michelle! It is a real confidence booster!

While I would have been flattered at the compliments, I know that a part of me would be screaming "OMG - she knows! I've failed to (pass/blend/whatever)!!!" and I'd want to run and hide.

I know, I know - I still have a lot of work to do on myself, but it's not happening any time soon. My situation is such that I NEVER get to go out in Sara mode any more.

Banned Read only
    That's awesome. This has happened to me a handful of times and, at first, I thought "Why would a person go out of their way to comment on my appearance? Maybe it's their way of working through accepting someone who stretched their own boundaries?" Now I just smile and say "thank you" and enjoy the positive energy.

I had one similar response, but I wasn't dressed en femme. While hanging out with a gay female friend (her fiance was still trying to get a green card to come here, so we went out together a lot), she asked me why I never dressed up when we went out, especially since we spent a lot of time in NYC's Greenwich Village, a known LGBTQ accepting neighborhood. I told her that I felt grotesque when dressed as a girl, and she nicely responded that 'Not all women are beautiful, or even pretty. Lots of us are just plain and unattractive, so you're in good company. Don't you think so?' and the way she said it, made me know that she was referring to herself. I tried my best to get her to understand that I thought she was quite pretty, but she would have none of it. Like most of us guys, I could only guess that she had enough experiences of wanting a particular woman who had no interest in her. Remembering my own past history of never being the desired one, it struck me of just how difficult it must be for gay women, too. Another once commented on how much she envied me, at 'having access to all the straight women in the world' who she knew would never want her. I laughed at that one, saying most women didn't want me, either.
    The response was one that got me wondering what I was doing wrong: 'You just don't know what women want. In that, I DO have an advantage on you'. And it inspired me to solve the interpersonal attraction & relationship mystery.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Would love to see a picture.....................Debra

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    How nice, Michelle! I get that a lot in bars and clubs.

But, not out in vanilla venues in daylite hours!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Had the same thing happen to me after church. Made me feel good. They liked that I dressed up for church.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN