Thread: Cases where a DADT relationship evolved to acceptance!

Cases where a DADT relationship evolved to acceptance!

We have seen dozens of situations ranging from totally hidden CDing from partner to fully accepted transition marriages. But how helpful would be to many of us stuck in DADT to learn how these situations evolved to acceptance from our partners.

What worked as strategy or happened to trigger a change?

I would love to hear from you!

Thank you!

Talking to my wife and explaining as best I could what I understood about myself and not hiding anything from her and trying to make her feel I loved her

All as Bridget suggests, with the not hiding anything coming first., That includes who you are writing to on the computer!

Great question. I wish there was an easy answer. I wonder how often a wife changes from DADT to openly accepting and sharing?

I would add that joint counseling with a good therapist has worked wonders for my wife and I.

Without counseling I think we would be divorced. The session that turned her around was when I reminded her of something she said several months after we met. She said "Sidney, I don't know what it is but you are different from any man I've ever known". I asked her if the reason I was different was because of my softer femine side she just stared at the floor. Finally the counselor told her didn't she think I deserved an answer she said yes and looked at me and said yes I think your right. That was her turning point towards acceptance. Didn't happen overnight but were happy with Sidney.