Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Your first in store purchase.

Yesterday I was at Walmart and of course I walked through the women’s section. I saw one of us very nervously looking at the multi packs of panties. I smiled to myself that I can remember when that was me. A short while later I saw him on line at a checkout clutching the multi pack to hide it from view, it was the only thing he had. Unfortunately the self checkout was closed for some work.
    I felt bad he was so nervous
    Crissy

I posted previously my first shopping experience for pantyhose in a grocery store. I ended up buying pantyhose in a grocery store several more times. A few years later, I got up my nerve and went into a small, $1 store, and bought a pair of unflattering, silky panties. They were the only thing I purchased. The two cashiers made no comments to embarrass me or to comfort me. It was probably awkward for everyone involved.

More years went by and I went to a mall far from home. I went into a ladies' clothing store. A sales woman approached me while I was near a ladies' underwear display. I asked her a couple questions (not revealing that I was shopping for me). I did not select anything. I shopped around the store some more. Then, after collecting my nerves, I asked the sales lady if they allowed men to try on clothes. She said, "Oh sure!" and started moving with purpose. She took me to the dressing room and sent me in with the blouse that I had. Another sales woman started helping. They started bringing me more sizes and alternative options to try on. I was blown away! I never thought anyone would proactively help me crossdress!! For them, it was not a first time...

More years went by and I went Christmas shopping while wearing men's shorts with skin-tone pantyhose. The next year, I did my Christmas shopping in all women's clothes including shorts, a plain top, skin-tone pantyhose, and shoes (invisible crossdressing!!). A couple years after that, I went Christmas shopping as a man in a skirt. THAT was very stressful! Basically, everyone treated me with respect and tried to ignore the fact that I was crossdressing.

...and, I've gone out quite a few times while dressed pretty since then... (https://joeypress.wordpress.com/)
    Last edited by jjjjohanne; 12-31-2021 at 07:41 AM.
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

My first in store purchase was a few weeks ago going to Walmart and buying panties.

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum, Stacy.

So, so many purchases since the first. I've certainly lost secure recollection of it but I believe it was a white satin camisole and slip, items that were easy to eyeball for size. It would have been the same scenario, Stacy, and same age: ride the bike to the mall with paper route money in pocket, make the purchase, race home with the bag nestled under my jacket. It took me quite a spell as I browsed the store in a complete euphoric, virgin fog of satin, silk and lace. In store my face must have been somewhat flush as I wrestled between nerves and purpose. I even "circled" that section of the mall a couple times sizing up the store to ease my anxiety about going in. I knew that once I was in there was no going back and that I would not be denied. That was quite a few purchases ago...

Became a bit of a personal habit to literally waltz the entire lingerie store several times taking in what I saw, imagining how something would feel and if it would fit before purchasing. Today, indeed, online resources have helped hone in on exact sizing and access to so much more than I could have evert imagined.

Jolene, congratulations! Good for you! It gets easier as time goes by.

A red top, black miniskirt, and knee-high gogo boots at Target. My high school was having a homecoming thing that involved crossdressing so it was my first chance to try it for real.

I bought a pair of black thigh high nylons at a Walgreens like place in my early 20?s? at the time i was in college, lived with male roommates who had no clue that i would prance around the apartment wearing them with panties I took from my girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissy 107 View Post
    Yesterday I was at Walmart and of course I walked through the women’s section. I saw one of us very nervously looking at the multi packs of panties. I smiled to myself that I can remember when that was me. A short while later I saw him on line at a checkout clutching the multi pack to hide it from view, it was the only thing he had. Unfortunately the self checkout was closed for some work.
    I felt bad he was so nervous
    That wasn't me you saw; but, I can relate to that poor fellow. My first purchase was at a Dollar General when I bought a 2 pack of Hanes microfiber panties. Then I went to a Kohl's and purchased a pair of Maidenform lace panties. I liked the lace so much more. My next purchase was when I discovered Secret Treasures lace panties at Walmart. I did have 3 or 4 other items I legitimately needed to buy while there. I was a bit nervous when I got in line to check out and had a young female check-out clerk. That was the last time I've ever been nervous making a purchase of lingerie. Yesterday I stopped at a Walmart and purchased 2 lace bralettes and a 3 pack of 'Leggs thigh high stockings - and nothing else. BTW, I only buy the Secret Treasures lace hipster panties as they fit me perfectly and I love the look.
    Last edited by Heather76; 01-11-2022 at 08:35 PM.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

I think the first thing that I would have bought for myself would have been panties at Victoria Secret
    They had some really nice ones back in that day.
    Now they don't have anything at all that I like.

But now I can walk into just about any store, browse the women's section, and if I see something I like, In the shopping cart it goes.
    I dont look back, or even think twice, No one at all cares what I am buying
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

My first in store purchase was a bra and lipstick. I bought them at Wal-Mart I rolled past the bras going real slow trying to find something that I liked. There was a woman standing right where I wanted to go. So I went off and grabbed other things and then came back to find the bra I wanted not in my size. So I rolled around the rack and found the perfect bralette for me. Lot's of lace and black of course. The lipstick was easier to grab. I made the mistake of not looking at the actual lipstick and the color ended the same color as my lips. So I had to go back and buy a second tube. This time I took my time checking the actual color.

The first purchase I can remember making was a pair of "Elle" fashion socks from Debenhams when I was old enough to travel to the city on my own. They were powder blue with a small "Elle" logo at the top of each sock. Seems an odd choice of thing to buy now, but at the time it seemed fairly "safe" I suppose. Some time later (still a teenager) I bought a matching set of very pretty white underwear (knickers, bra, suspender belt) for my girlfriend from that same Debenhams store. The sales lady smiled and joked that they weren't really my style. I was able to laugh back without any self-consciousness because they actually weren't for me. If they had been, I probably would have died when she said that. Fast-forward a few days and my girlfriend "didn't want me to think of her in that way", and she asked me to take them back, which I DID NOT. They fitted me very well, and I enjoyed them for a long time, which is more than I can say about the girlfriend.

Melanie, Funny story and perfect ending!
    Crissy

A pair of 4 inch black heels at age 16

My first purchase was at a Victoria's Secret when I was a teen. I was sooo nervous, but the salesperson figured it out and was quite sympathic. She helped me pick out a garterbelt, stockings and three pairs of panties.

I was in heaven when I got home and had some alone time. I wonder what ever happened to that stuff?

It was a red dress. I said it was for my girlfriend, I don't know if the saleswoman believed me. She probably didn't care...

I don't remember precisely but it was definitely back when I was just a kid, 11 or 12 maybe. I lived in a rather small town but the urge for wearing beautiful clothes was huge. 30 years later, I haven't outed to anyone yet, but I know that nobody really cares about what you buy so I just shop almost as I was shopping male clothing, except for the try them on part.

These black strappy heels

DSCF0270.jpg

Highheels were my first instore purchase. I always buy from women though. Just cant buy from a male clerk.

No Heel is Too High.... When it's Pointed at the Ceiling

One early in store purchase was a dress and I was fitted with a bra.

A Hickory Tweenage Bra.

An Aunt bought the items along with a dress for my cousin.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hold ups from a supermarket,(Tesco), I usually do the weekly shopping so it probably looked like I was buying them for my SO, but actually no one cared! Now I Always have hold ups in my drawer, and can easily go into any shop and buy all my femm underwear, I am more confident and no one cares.

There was a shop near where I was working. They were a sort of homeware store which I had shopped in for homeware. But I had seen there were also clothes for sale. I'd noticed that they had foundation wear.
    I thought about getting something for myself for a few weeks before eventually feeling almost desperate enough and having convinced myself no one would care. Set off one lunchtime.
    I did start off wandering around the ironing board s, kitchen utensils and general hardware.
    From a distance I scoped out the lingerie section.
    Without much browsing I put a 36c Doreen longline bra into my basket, then emboldened added a pair of size 14 support panties in matching white. I must have become drunk with the experience and added a black size 14 pencil skirt with out any fear.
    At the till the salesperson did not give any suggestions that I was buying anything out of the ordinary.
    I couldn't wait to get home to try everything on.
    It was a while before I bought anything else. My next items came from a well stocked costume department at work. I didn't need to shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Philippa Grace View Post
    Hold ups from a supermarket,(Tesco), I usually do the weekly shopping so it probably looked like I was buying them for my SO, but actually no one cared!
    Many years ago, I bought some pantyhose from a grocery store. The cashier was correct in assuming they were for me, though I didn't confirm her suspicions. She was snide and insulting. I didn't say a word to her. I paid and left. Nowadays, I would take a different approach and have a talk with her manager. It's the only time anyone ever gave me any kind of grief over buying clothes of any kind.

Beautiful shoes

Quote Originally Posted by LIKETODRESS2 View Post
    The first time i ever bought was panties from Shopko .

LOL. Same for me. Vassarette. Wish I still had them.

First purchase was a pair of tights from the supermarket.