This site keeps taking me back down memory lane. Today with the internet we can buy stuff online easy enough. One of my favorite dressing memories was back in 1985 when i was 15. I had worn all my mother's and sister's panties and lingerie and nighties. They were pretty conservative and I wanted a gartebelt and silk stockings badly. I got on my bike and rode the 4 miles to the mall and walked into Victoria's Secret trembling and terrified from head to toe. I only dreamed about going in there and now here I was. A lady asked if she could help and I said I was looking for garterbelts. She showed me and I grabbed the first one I saw, red and satin. She got me some stockings that had to be silk or nylons. There was no elastic in them like panty hose. She must have known they were for me because we didn't discus size or anything and they fit perfectly.
I remember nervously paying and then having to walk through the mall with a VS bag for everyone to see. Then riding my bike back home fast and furious to try them on and fall in love with them.
After that, it got a little easier. I could go to the lingerie department in sears or JC Penny's and take my time. I could go to TJ Max and cRoss Dress for Less and dig through the bins of satin bikini panties like a kid in a candy store. $3 each or 2 for $5.
Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome and at home amongst friends.