Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your first in store purchase.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I bought a skirt from K Mart. I was so nervous, but I felt so happy after I finished.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Way to many years ago to remember for sure. I think I bought a dress at Sears.

A white lacy/chiffon bridal nightgown/negligee from Dillard's, couldn't resist how beautiful and gorgeous it was.

~ Bondage & Pantyhose ~ cosmolovesph's Avatar
    Pantyhose without a doubt, probably No-Nonsense brand and yes, those first few times were a bit nerve racking, looking back now - who really cared? What you (or I) were buying had zero impact (other than a sale) on the sales clerk and if you purchased in a place you don't normally shop, you'd probably never see that person again. I remember one time I was on the road, went to a Dept store, purchased a few pairs from this store we didn't have at home and slipped on a pair once I got in the car. Made that drive home much more interesting and kept to the speed-limit as I didn't put my pants back on and getting pulled over would then be really embarrassing.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra
    ~AKA - Cosmo-Loves-PantyHose~
    Don't forget to compliment those wearing pantyhose, as to how nice their legs look!

Pantyhose of course!

My first in-store purchase was a pair of frilly panties and some lace top stockings.

for me it was a bra with matching panties @ a roll on panty girdle

My first in store purchase was in a department store in a large mall close to closing time. I had seen a sale on panties advertise in one of inserts in the Sunday paper. I,was,living by myself in a small apartment so I drove to a mall quite a distance from where I lived and purchased three pairs of Pam nylon briefs, one pink, one pale blue and one white. When the sales associate rang up the purchase, she said remember, pink is for girls, blue is for boys. I was so nervous and wanted to get out of there so I just smiled and was speechless.

My first purchase was a summer dress when i was traveling through europe, it was the most beautiful, i foget the store but i bought it in italy. Sadly i had to throw it away when i came back home because at the time i lived with my parents and i didnt want them to know

Quote Originally Posted by RachelB. View Post
    Way to many years ago to remember for sure. I think I bought a dress at Sears.
    I still have a video memory of some of my first purchases. If it had been an awful experience, I would have had PTSD as a result.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

My first ever was in a Bras and things shop coming up to Valantines day went in and the assistant asked if she could help and I said I was looking for something sexy for my wife so she helped me out bought a bra, panties and suspenders and stockings, she wrapped them nice and i could not wait to get home rip of the wrapping and put them on.

Junior Member Rebecca Cross Bracer's Avatar
    Dozens of pairs of pantyhose before ever buying anything else. Small, fairly discreet, and by far the item I need the most.

I was 22 and had just started my new job with a high-tech company in Clifton, New Jersey. There was a dress shop in town that I walked by each day during my lunch time walks. It was an old fashioned kind of place that you don?t see any more, locally owned and operated.

It was the 80?s, so think Designing Women style dresses (sigh). Well, there were all kinds in the window, but one caught my eye --- a blue print dress with a belted waist and lace collar.

After several days, I decided that I had to have it. As it was early October, the Halloween excuse was perfect.

It took several days of trying to even go into the store. I have to laugh now --- like a secret agent I made sure none of my colleagues were out in the area and I doubled back a couple of times in front of the store.

Finally I opened the door and a loud bell deliberately announced my arrival. Sheepishly, I made my way toward the back of the store and a middle-aged lady looked over the rim of her glasses appraisingly. My heart was pounding; my face was red as I stammered out a request for the dress in the window.

She was very pleasant and settled me down. She took my measurements, determined I was a size 16, and pulled a similar dress in my size from the rack. She then proceeded to sell me an expensive bra and then a girdle along with a pair of my first Hanes Silk Reflections, the brand I still wear today. Looking back, I think she saw right through me and was an expert saleswoman.

I walked back to my car and hid my purchase watchfully as if I had just bought something illegal.

I never wore the dress outside my bedroom. The dress and foundations would be lost in one of the Great Purges of the 80?s. However, an important step had been taken in my journey: I bought my first dress!

Been so long ago, but it was panties or pantyhose.

One piece swimsuits in large sports stores, to swim in public pools in Paris, then sports bra and matching shorts to run in parks.

JC Penney beige tights
    Danskin ultra shimmery footed tights,light toast.

My first real purchase was a nurses outfit dress with matching silk panties and bra about 20 years ago now Absolutely loved them

I can recall my first shopping trip, I was working in Midwest area and had to drive about an hour to get to a decent size town with a ladies wear store in it. I was met by a sales lady and asked about buying a gift for my wife, I am sure they heard this many times but when I mentioned I wanted to buy her a very nice bra, it got her attention. Of course she asked if I knew her size, and told her I checked one of her older very plain bras and found the size to be 42B, which would happen to fit me as well as and experienced sales lady would recognize. To make a long story short, she showed me several quite expensive bras, and I did buy a nice lacy version, complaining a bit about the price to which she explained that these were designed to not only look good but also to provide the needed support, thinking that I was an engineer by the way I dressed and spoke, she expected me to understand this. As I left with my purchase, she smiled and said, I hope you enjoy your new bra, my cover being blown as I left the store. In the end it was worth it as I certainly did for many years!
    Girls have all the fun!!!

It was in Rich's department store in Atlanta (the main store downtown) in 1968. I was a senior in high school and had a part-time job there. I bought a a package of 3 pairs of pantyhose and used my employee discount for the purchase. I was not asked who they were for and I didn't volunteer anything about it.
    Phoebe

Jamie Mac
    Gosh, it's been so long; but if I remember correctly it was a pair of Candie's slip on heels; at a big box store, the SA winked at me as I tried them on.

Since then, though, I've shopped en femme at JC Penny, Macy's Kohls, and a locally owned resale shop where the owners took real interest in me.

Janet's Closet was first; bought wigs and a LBD, very helpful folks specifically for CDs.

Now I even grocery shop en femme.

When I was about 12, in 1966 I went into a Woolworths store and bought a pair of red tights (basically what leggings are today). I was nervous that someone I knew would see me. When I got them home I hid them and would wear them when my mother was out.

Maybe it was not too long ago compared to what most tell here, but I remember it was during 2014, around July or August. I used to walk back home from university and I weeks prior I noticed a nice little store in the city, a lingerie shop (or something close), there were a few attempts of going there, but I was often awkward or feeling shy about it, until one day after some classes I stopped before I continued heading home and stopped by the shop, still feeling awkward, but I tried to keep my cool and bought two thongs (wrong size at that time, to make it worse).

It's been quite a while and I don't keep any of that. I still don't know how I got the (quasi)confidence I had to do it.

Two years ago at a Goodwill store. After much fidgeting around, I picked out a simple knee-length nightgown with lace edges and purple ribbons. Occasionally, I slip it on when my wife is already in bed and it gives me soooo much comfort and peace to wear. 🌷
    Last edited by Nell27; 12-28-2021 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Grammar

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Quite a while ago now, but I believe that it was 3 cotton miniskirts purchased from Ross. The price was right and the pink fog had rolled in. Died one so that I would have 3 different colors.

Of course, that was not near enough, so the binge to buy more ladies clothes was off and running!

I was at an internship a few states away from home and went to a Walmart and bought panties. I wore them the rest of them summer, but did my first purge before I went back to college that year.

I was so nervous going into the store and felt so uncomfortable walking through the womens section.